• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

tall, with long flowing black hair and dark eyes.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Thing is, I'm so good-looking that playing unattractive characters is just pointless. I'm not a good enough actor to overcome the handicap of my incredible handsomeness.

Curse you, Potter, for revealing my secret shame! How dare you mock me with your ugly characters, your non-descript rogues and your chubby, grimy, hairy dragon-slayers! You think I don't dream of playing foul, grotesque weirdoes with crappy skin and bad personal grooming? Why must I be straightjacketed just because I'm so gorgeous?

It's not fair. It's just not fair.

Davelozzi

Explorer
alsih2o said:
heck it is worht a feat! Average Joe: your character has a decidedly unmemorable appearance. finding him can be hard, and he is easily forgotten.

Spycraft has some feats like that, particularly the fringe feats from Hand of Glory.

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Reminds me a little bit of some descs while I was MUSHing. One desc stands out in my mind...

The sort of non-descript figure that blends right into the crowd. 6'0" and musclar, with a long ponytail, very good looking. He's wearing a long black trenchcoat and sunglasses. Just like everyone else.

:)

Ackem

First Post
I have such a tendancy to play mean old bastard Fighters that my DM ended up making a series of Feats whose prerequisites were being in an advanced age category.

Young pretty heroes are boring. Gimme the hard-ass scarred veteran.

Last edited:

stevelabny

Explorer
My long running 3e character is a rogue/bard so of course he's pretty.

But the only other character I ever remember being "attractive" was my 1e paladin.

Of course I'm one of those guys who is spooked by any romance or sex driven plots for the PCs. So it doesnt really come up.

s/LaSH

First Post
I like interesting characters. Whether that means they're hot, hideous, or just plain weird, 'normal' is something I really could do without. But that's just my personal philosophy, and 'normal' tends to vary, so 'pudgy biker guy' could well be the exception and thus interesting in particular settings. (Especially if he's an elf.)

I'm not playing for realism, needless to say.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
alsih2o said:
i realize it is a small thing, but i keep running into "with a thick ponytail hanging past his waist and dreamy eyes that look right through you. he is slow to make friends but steadfastly loyal through even death if he finds.."
Amen, brother. All the time spent on description along the lines of "She has thick raven tresses and deep violet eyes, and always wears teal blue, skin tight leather" makes me want to barf. How about, "she has thick dark hair which she hides behind because she is ashamed of her terrible acne scars" or "he has a ready laugh and friendly disposition, so much so that people usually forget that he's terribly cross-eyed"?

is it just me?
Nope. It makes me irritable too. Let's skip the cliched physical descriptions, and come up with something unique, eh?

mistergone

First Post
I think it's some psychological insight that I always play an average looking character. Maybe because I aspire to be at least average looking. :( Or maybe, it's more of my personal tastes. When I look at someone, what stands out to me are interesting features. So, I have played a lot of "Doctor Who" types... sort of odd gangly men with an unusual physical trait or two. I distinctly remember one character, a bard, that I described as "Lyle Lovett with slightly better hair". I think my most attractive character ever was a minotaur; "For a huge beast with a head like a feral, meat-eating bull, yeah, he's dead sexy".

LazarusLong42

First Post
One of my most recent characters is a short, pudgy lady *bard* (she "carries it well"... uh huh, sure Serei). Most of her Charisma is through force of personality, not looks.

She does have the ponytail though. Sorry.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Buttercup said:
All the time spent on description along the lines of "She has thick raven tresses and deep violet eyes, and always wears teal blue, skin tight leather" makes me want to barf.
What's wrong with teal? :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads