D&D 5E Tanares RPG for 5e is live. With many legends as Ed Greenwood, Skip Williams. Back today!

@Michael-Alves I also did not register that you weren't a native speaker and so I double apologise.

There are many native English speakers that make this mistake and for a native speaker it's inexcusable.

Michael-Alves

Lead Game Designer - Dragori Games
@Michael-Alves I also did not register that you weren't a native speaker and so I double apologise.

There are many native English speakers that make this mistake and for a native speaker it's inexcusable.

I understand your worry.
I work most of the time in English, but its hard to avoid all mistakes when its not your native language and you are in the middle of a storm, like a KS release. xD

So please cut me some slack this once, its very much appreciated.
But you don't need to apologize, it is imperative to professionals in areas that requires writing proficiency, to have a deep understanding of grammar.

My work as a game designer requires me to know how to make the rules as clear and concise as possible, so it requires a good English skill, but on the other hand my work ends being revised by the writers, then Native English Editor, and then proof reader, so i can focus more on the mechanical aspects and the consistency of the rules than anything else. Yet i will always strive to have a better English myself as that is a very useful skill for my job.

Dillon

Explorer
Its really not clear to me what Ed Greenwood and the other participants have actually contributed to this product. Their names do not seem to be credited in any of the download samples I read. I find the concept of a dragon enforced hard limit on army size of five people intriguing, but the sheer number of stretch goals and the heroic delivery timetable in the Covid era are red flags for me. None of the half-dozen projects I have backed in recent years with production in China has arrived as planned. Based the logistics articles I am reading, I expect shipping disruptions to continue for at least another 12 months.

Ok, am I missing something here? If I choose the option that specifically says it's for people who don't want miniatures, I get bonus miniatures?

1630492881386.png

Michael-Alves

Its really not clear to me what Ed Greenwood and the other participants have actually contributed to this product. Their names do not seem to be credited in any of the download samples I read. I find the concept of a dragon enforced hard limit on army size of five people intriguing, but the sheer number of stretch goals and the heroic delivery timetable in the Covid era are red flags for me. None of the half-dozen projects I have backed in recent years with production in China has arrived as planned. Based the logistics articles I am reading, I expect shipping disruptions to continue for at least another 12 months.

Hi Dillon, the guest designers and writers are working on parts of the books that were not yet present on the samples, as those were being worked for a long time. Each of them will be credited on the final books, don't worry about that.

About the stretch goals and delivery, we are doing our best to have everything ready to deliver in time.
The RPG is being worked for a very long time, and we planned a simultaneous delivery with our last Kickstarter Tanares Adventures.

We know that COVID caused a major delay in many kickstarters, and this happened with the delivery of our First Wave for our last kickstarter. But we are now with more them 90% of it delivered, so we know how to handle the current issues.
No kickstarter can claim absolutely certain of no delay, but we are sure that our backers will not be waiting for long.

I can't provide you with any more proof then the delivery of our first wave, but we hope our backers will be pleased in a few months.

Scribe

Legend
Apologies if this is noted somewhere, but those unpainted shots of the miniatures, is that the actual model quality? I saw the video of the painted, but it looks like some of the detail is wiped out.

Ale

Explorer
Apologies if this is noted somewhere, but those unpainted shots of the miniatures, is that the actual model quality? I saw the video of the painted, but it looks like some of the detail is wiped out.
Hi Scribe

The backers that got the painted dragons liked a lot the quality of details and the painting. The cover is the render, not the actual miniature.

Michael-Alves

As Alex pointed out, our backers are pretty happy with the quality of the Dragon Collection miniatures, but that is not an explanation on itself.

Id like to point that on the kickstarter page we are providing the images of the 3d models used for the printing mold. As in any process of mass production there is some loss, but we are using one of the most experienced manufacturers, that has produced for many top board game companies specialized in miniature games, and we are committed to deliver the best miniatures we can to our backers.

Let me give you some examples of photos taken by our backers of our last KS campaign, that i got from the social media.

93778b59-be8a-4fe3-be09-1d80b3544910.jpg

4594606a-e802-4b33-b230-e200bf08cc19.jpg

(Both of this photos are from small miniatures, around 1,5 to 1,6 inches, so this is a big zoom on them, and they still look great IMO.)

You can also see the unboxing of the Dragon Collection miniatures here:

Hope this can show you the quality of our miniatures.

Remove ads