D&D 5E Tankiest 5th-level PC

CapnZapp

Legend
I'd like to have the tankiest tank that ever tanked at 5th level.
Sorry but you need to define what YOU mean by "tank", since that concept means different things to different people.

Withstanding damage?
Best bang for the healing buck?
Or best ability to draw monsters to you?

etc

CapnZapp

Legend
Just to clarify the objective: is it all you want to do to be able to withstand the maximum amount of punishment on your own, regardless of any other contribution you could give? Also, do you want to accomplish this only through a combination of AC, HP, temp HP and damage mitigation/reduction, or is spending resources to heal oneself also valid tanking? Or would stickiness, battlefield control and the like be desirable?
Heh :)

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Sorry but you need to define what YOU mean by "tank", since that concept means different things to different people.

Withstanding damage?
Best bang for the healing buck?
Or best ability to draw monsters to you?

etc
*slow clap*
If I could figure out how to multi-quote, I'd quote where he answers that question on the very first page.
Good reading ability

CapnZapp

Legend
*slow clap*
If I could figure out how to multi-quote, I'd quote where he answers that question on the very first page.
Good reading ability
If YOU could read, you would note the preceding post where I quote the poster that asked the very same question :)

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Thanks for the suggestions, all. I'm slammed at the moment at work and will be reviewing and making a choice on Friday night. (Saturday morning is the game!)

Where is booming blade found? Is that SCAG? If it's outside PHB, I'm not sure I can use it, would have to clear with DM.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Thanks for the suggestions, all. I'm slammed at the moment at work and will be reviewing and making a choice on Friday night. (Saturday morning is the game!)

Where is booming blade found? Is that SCAG? If it's outside PHB, I'm not sure I can use it, would have to clear with DM.
Yeah it's from the SCAG, sorry 'bout that.
If SCAG is allowed, consider the battlerager, it's quite grappler friendly.

Remove ads