[Tarumen, Land of Earth and Sky] Secrets Below - OOC

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
You have that down correctly... or almost. You have your waraxe attack at a +8. You have a +4 BAB, a Str mod of +3... so where's that extra +1 coming from? Do you have a MW waraxe or something? You only have as standard waraxe down on your character sheet.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Counts up mentally*

Umm... considering that a magical +1 on all of those items would be 6,000gp, not counting the MW cost of the items themsevles, and you only have 5,400gp to spend, I'm still confused.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Clonz said:
I will be playing a halfling cleric of Ehlonna, still figuring out his feats. I'm just trying to keep with the short-legged slow theme here. As for myself, I would like to have known each other before, if the others are for it. Anyway, I'll put what I have in the rogue's gallery and finish it asap. On spells, how do you handle switching out which spells I have for the day, if say I decide to swap two first level spells for the following day, do I update the character sheet or you?
You edit your own sheet, as I have no powers to do so.

Also DwarfLover - I notice you have a horse for your mount of choice. While Tarumen does have horses, they are less common than in your typical campaign world (not so many plains). Deer and lizards are more common mounts and pack animals. A monitor lizard is a typical critter, and could be purchased for the same price as a heavy horse (200gp).

For those looking for a war-trained riding mount, this giant lizard is available for 1000gp.

Giant Lizard
Large Animal
Hit Dice: 4d8+20 (44 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), climb 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+14
Attack: Bite +9 melee (2d6+10)
Full Attack: Bite +9 melee (2d6+10)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: --
Special Qualities: Low-light vision
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 25, Dex 13, Con 21, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 2
Skills: Climb +7, Hide +2*, Listen +5, Move Silently +6, Spot +5, Swim +7
Feats: Alertness, Great Fortitude
Environment: Warm forests
Organization: Solitary

Combat
Giant lizards can be aggressive, using their powerful jaws to tear at prey or enemies.

Skills: Giant lizards have a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks. *In forested or overgrown areas, the Hide bonus improves to +8.

DwarfLover

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Counts up mentally*

Umm... considering that a magical +1 on all of those items would be 6,000gp, not counting the MW cost of the items themsevles, and you only have 5,400gp to spend, I'm still confused.

Loooking at the SRD, the +1 weapon is 2000gp (plus mw), and the shield and armor are 1000gp each (plus mw). I will be sure to check my math (I don't have the sheet I did the math on with me here) Monday. The only mistake I might have made was thinking the weapon was 1k, considering I did the armor first, I may have thought all +1 items were the same price.

Ah yes, I did consider that horses were rare, I basiclly made the assumption that I would have a mount of equal value and training, I just wasn't sure what the choices might be.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*headdesk* Right, armor is 1,000gp, I knew that really.

Hmmm... how about a nice deer for a mount? Or a smaller, less ferocious lizard? (Still Medium, but not as buff as the one above.)

DwarfLover

First Post
A deer doesn't sound very dwarfy to me, a lizard I could deal with, but I spent the money on a light warworse (150g) I really don't want to spend more than that.

I checked my math, I charged myself the right amount for the axe, so everything should be in order.

I am fine with knowing each other ahead of time. If no one minds, I'll probably add something vague to my character background about it.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I'll get you a lizard for the same price as your horse... heck, I might just use basically the same stats, with some adjustments to speed (and adding a Climb speed too).

If you guys want to all know each other, then let us say in your adventures you've occasionally met a treant that calls himself Rudare (a orcish word for heartwood). While not exactly friendly, he's dealt evenly and fairly with your group and has some respect for your skills. We're going to have the adventure open with meeting a call from Rudare, once I get everyone's character sheets.

DwarfLover - Durak looks like he's going to be a hoot to play.

Clonz

First Post
Dristun

I'm working up my character background and such, but all of the rest of my character sheet is finalized. Please let me know if you see anything that doesn't look right Holly.

Clonz

First Post
Two down

I'm done with my character sheet now, I did change his age and put some extra clothes in his backpack, other than that I only added the background, personality and appearance sections. I'm now done, please look it over again and let me know what you think.

Remove ads