D&D 5E Tasha’s Missing Extended Spell Lists for Sorcerer (and Ranger)

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
I like this concept. If I had a critique it would probably be that the spell lists here look a little too good. Almost all bonus spells known spell lists include some duds. You might even argue that a good chunk of most lists (especially the ones from PHB) are mostly situational stuff with a gem here or there. But most of the spells here are ones that I would definitely routinely use.

NotAYakk

Legend
I don't think I'd always include "or swap for spells from 2 schools" always.

I sort of like the "conjure elemental, but only X" from the UA. Or "X spell, but your dragon elemental damage".

Zerdal

Explorer
@Xeviat
Missing Extended Spell Lists for Ranger Subclasses

If I checked correctly only Hunter and Beast Master from Player's Handbook don't have their own extended spell lists. Also, in Tasha's all rangers get additional extended spells form Primal Awareness (speak with animals, beast sense, speak with plants, locate creature and commune with nature) so I wanted to avoid these.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You learn an additional spell when you reach certain levels in the ranger class, as shown in the following tables. Each spell counts as a ranger spell for you, but it doesn’t count against the number of ranger spells you know.

Beast Master
3rd: Animal Friendship
5th: Summon Beast*
9th: Haste
13th: Dominate Beasts
17th: Hold Monster

Hunter
3rd: Snare
5th: Pass Without Trace
9th: Tiny Hut
13th: Stone Skin
17th: Tree Stride

Last edited:

Zerdal

Explorer
I don't think I'd always include "or swap for spells from 2 schools" always.

I sort of like the "conjure elemental, but only X" from the UA. Or "X spell, but your dragon elemental damage".
Great suggestion. I changed "Summon Elemental" from Storm Sorcerer's list to "Summon Elemental (water only)".
Edit: On further consideration, perhaps "water or air" would be more suitable?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Do sorcerers get the Investiture of XYZ spells?

I’d posit as an optional feature making those bonus spells for all sorcerers.

@Xeviat
Missing Extended Spell Lists for Ranger Subclasses

If I checked correctly only Hunter and Beast Master from Player's Handbook don't have their own extended spell lists. Also, in Tasha's all rangers get additional extended spells form Primal Awareness (speak with animals, beast sense, speak with plants, locate creature and commune with nature) so I wanted to avoid these.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You learn an additional spell when you reach certain levels in the ranger class, as shown in the following tables. Each spell counts as a ranger spell for you, but it doesn’t count against the number of ranger spells you know.

Beast Master
3rd: Animal Friendship
5th: Summon Beast*
9th: Haste
13th: Dominate Beasts
17th: Hold Monster

Hunter
3rd: Snare
5th: Pass Without Trace
9th: Tiny Hut
13th: Stone Skin
17th: Tree Stride
I'd replace Hold Monster with Awaken for the Beast Master's 5th-level spell.

Remove ads