Task Force Informational Database

Malthusian

First Post
Database Idea:
GMs that have narrated missions could use it to post information on NPCs, Organizations, Villains, or Odd Locations that The Resolutes have come in contact with. This Database would be a resource for other GMs to draw from for their own Missions, adding an overall sense of coherence to the Living Supers continuity.

Proposed Format:

Task Force Informational Database
File Designate: R1234-L (R for Resolution 527, make up a file number, L=location, N=NPC, O=Organization, V=Villain)

Name: This would be the name of the NPC, Organization, Odd Location or, in the case of Villains, their Codename.
Real Name: If Resolute members learned of a Villain's real name it would be listed here.
Location: Where is the NPC, Organization, Location or Villain based.

Current Status: (Active, Apprehended, Unknown) An Active status means the subject is still free. If the subject was captured/arrested enter Apprehended under status. Unknown covers, well, anything else.

Known Powers: The Resolutes, after facing a Villain, would have a general idea of what powers that Villain possessed. Those would be listed here (without game stats). NA if no Powers are involved.

Abilities/Equipment: Any special abilites or equipment the NPC, Organization, or Villain displayed goes here. Again, NA if not applicable.

Description: A brief description so other GMs have an idea what the NPC or Villain looks like, or what the Organization members wear. If an Odd Location, give a general sensory description.

Brief History: A couple of paragraphs describing The Resolutes encounter with this NPC, Organization, Location or Villain.

--OOC Information--​
Known Appearances: All Missions in which The Resolutes have encountered the NPC, Organization, Villain or Odd Location.
Availability: (Opened, Restricted or Closed) An open status mean anyone can use it for any use. Restricted means someone can use it, but must first talk to the creator. Closed means the entry isn't available for use in other Missions; it is restricted to the creator's use.
Contact: Forum member to contact for more information and stats concerning Database Entry and/or permission to use said Entry.

Any opinions, comments, or critiques?

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
I would add two things, both are out of gamme information:
Status: [Opened, Restricted or Closed] An open status mean anyone can use it for any use. Restricted means someone can use it, but must first talk to it to his creator. Closed means that no one can use it in there games, it is restricted to the creator's use.
Creator: Name of the GM who create this.

Malthusian

First Post
Velmont said:
I would add two things, both are out of gamme information:
Status: [Opened, Restricted or Closed] An open status mean anyone can use it for any use. Restricted means someone can use it, but must first talk to it to his creator. Closed means that no one can use it in there games, it is restricted to the creator's use.

Good idea, Velmont. I'll add this to the Format in the first post.

Velmont said:
Creator: Name of the GM who create this.

That's why I added the Contact entry: 1) to credit the creator, and 2) to note who to contact to use the Entry in other Missions.

Salix

First Post
I like this a lot. there is one small tweak I'd make
instead of: First Appearance: Mission in which The Resolutes first encountered the NPC, Organization, Villain or Odd Location.

I'd have Appearances :Missions in which The Resolutes have encountered the NPC, Organization, Villain or Odd Location.
That way recurring NPCs can be tracked easier.

Also, It seems like this will need to be created under the judge account so the different categories can be updated:NPCs, Villains, Non-Resolute heroes. That will keep the thread a lot cleaner and better organized. Unless anyone else has a better idea for that.

Salix

First Post
Anyone else have comments? It would be nice to get some of the proposals approved/disapproved.

I am willing to say yes, but I'd like to hear from others to see what the final proposal will be.

Bront

The man with the probe
I like the tweeks so far, I'm going to hold a yes till I'm sure that's the right format (give me a day or two)

Raylis

First Post
As an addition to the villian's location/headquarters a Villian's Status could be included depending on whether or not the villian was:

Still on the Loose/Active (escaped)

Captured (location disclosed only to resolute members of certain security clearance) or

Unknown (such as if the villian caused a HQ to self-destruct and may not have gotten out in time or something along those lines.)

Salix

First Post
Raylis said:
As an addition to the villian's location/headquarters a Villian's Status could be included depending on whether or not the villian was:

Still on the Loose/Active (escaped)

Captured (location disclosed only to resolute members of certain security clearance) or

Unknown (such as if the villian caused a HQ to self-destruct and may not have gotten out in time or something along those lines.)

I like it. That's a good suggestion. Are we close to voting here?

Remove ads