• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tattoo Help

Enigman

First Post
So spring break is coming up soon and I'm gonna get a new tattoo. I've already decided on what I'm gonna get, its going to be a tattoo of olidammara's mask. I want to put a quote of some sort underneath it to give it a little more meaning though. So I need some suggestions on what you think would be best. It needs to be fairly short cause, I don't have that much skin:). The best I can think of right now is something to do with fate and dice rolling. I'm trying to keep it D&D related but not so obvious that I just show off my nerdness.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nyaricus

First Post
alea jacta est - The die has been cast.

A phrase made famous by Julius Caesar (who quoted it off the Roman historian Suetonius), it represents the point of no return; once you case down the dice, you have to take what comes. It's kinda like luck - you have to take it as it comes (and goes).

More info here

Personally, I've always loved the phrase and plan to get a tattoo of that myself one day - but I'm more than willing to share :)

cheers,
--N

Tewligan

First Post
Enigman said:
I'm trying to keep it D&D related but not so obvious that I just show off my nerdness.
See, I would make it SO D&D related that the nerdness does a 180 and becomes awesome. Oh wait, I DID do that...
warduketat.jpg

Enigman

First Post
Nyaricus said:
alea jacta est - The die has been cast.

Oh wow, I didn't even think of doing something in latin. Thanks for the idea, its got everything I want in a quote. It's about dice, fate, and its in a language no one can read so I can make it seem so much deeper in meaning then it is. Lol.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Tewligan said:

WARDUKE!!!!

That reminds me of this one guy I saw with a tatoo of the covers of the original Super Mario Bros. Nintendo game and Duck Hunt on his arms. I also knew someone with a tattoo of the Nintendo Zapper (gray handle version).

Personally, If I wanted a gamer tattoo I'd get one of the cover of an older edition of DND (maybe ADnD 2nd Edition) or a group of dice (d20, d4, 2d10s d8, d12 and 4d6).

Last edited:

Enigman

First Post
tattooev2.png

Me and my tattoo artist might make a few changes but I think this is what the general idea will be. Now I just need to decide where to put it. I'm thinking either near my shoulder on my arm or on my calf.

Nyaricus

First Post
Enigman said:
tattooev2.png

Me and my tattoo artist might make a few changes but I think this is what the general idea will be. Now I just need to decide where to put it. I'm thinking either near my shoulder on my arm or on my calf.
Looks awesome man, I'm happy you liked my idea enough to get it permanently inscribed upon your flesh :D

Personally, I think having it on the arm would make the most sense. Mankind has generally meted out its will with its hands (that's why people make such a fuss about opposable thumbs, lol); the hands are connected with the arm, and the arm should sport that sort of token. It's a sort of symbolism, if that was hard to follow before haha.

Anyways, just my two coppers

cheers,
--N

Remove ads