• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn 2010-17

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: you know, I put a post here. i swear! Really!!

Pendrake comes down the steps, washed and his red hair put into a neat braid once again. His acid burns are still present on his skin and clothing, though the brine, blood and dirt are all gone.

"Goedenavond iedereen! ik ben Pendrake Utherman, krijger.Noordlaander"

[sblock=translation]
Good evening to all! i am Pendrake Utherman, warrior.
[/sblock]

He sits next to Eanos and orders two ales.

As Joe prepares the ales he looks the half orc in the eyes and points up at a sign on the wall that reads:
Pleas present your self boldly by
vocally declaring your name to all
in the tavern in a loud and clear voice.
State any important facts about you as well.
Thank you,
Joe Smith, Owner

Joe sends off the two ales with a bar maid and waits with his arms folded, expectantly.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

[MENTION=6681229]leelika08[/MENTION] : this is for your information on my above post. it is in the first post of this thread, for refrence:

The first thing any visitor should do, upon entering the the Red Dragon, is shuffle up to Joe. The barmaids try to ensure that this happens promptly, because Joe can't stand anyone that doesn't say hi at the very least. The second thing Joe does to any visitor, is to get them to shout out their name and any important facts about themselves that others might need to know. Then, third, the entire bar greets the newcomer and gets back to their drinking. It's all just customary, but Joe sure does appreciate it.

please take note of the portion in bold within the quote.
Thank you,
a fellow user of the thread.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
A rustling in the corner becomes a groan, and then a growl, and then a, "...rrrrrraaaaaaahhhHHHH!" From beneath a table, a red-haired dwarf jumps to his feet, his hair singed from dragonsbreath brew, and his breath bad enough to wake a slumbering dracolich.

He looks around at his roommates. "Ah. Sorry 'bout tha'. Ah'll... Ah'll be righ' back. Got t'wash up." In a still-drunk daze, the dwarf departs the tavern.

A barmaid rests a hand on his shoulder as he leaves and whispers something in his ear. "Wha', ag'in? Y'mean, even if Ah ne'er left? Fine." Turning around, he shouts curtly, "Rasereit, the Unclean. If ye'll excuse meh, Ah'll be righ' back wit' a proper greetin'."

Satisfied, the barmaid lets him go, and he trudges out.

(OOC: Hello again, everybody!)

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

The door opens to let in a lightly bearded man wearing studded leather and traveling gear.

"Hello there!" He says out loud.

"My name's Arthur and er..." He hesitates for a moment before continuing.

"Let's just say locksmithing's my game for now..."

OOC: I just can't see a rogue straight-out announce himself as such :lol:

He then sits down and politely asks for ale.

Last edited:

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

He signals a quick greetings gesture to Pendrake then turns to the barman

"If I may ask, How does one gain some coinage in these parts? I heard opportunities could open up around here"

Scott DeWar

Joe looks at the mug he is cleaning, fills it with ale then sets it down in front of Arthur.

"Most, um, locksmiths, ahem, make coin with acts of nefarious deeds. There tells of a fellow named Karl that frequents here with similar skills that uses them skills for 'archeological endeavors', and if he gets back any time soon you can ask him about some of those endeavors. He seems to have a bit of luck about him as long as that mule of his don't get all whacky on him and all.

Best to sight tight otherwise as something may crop up sooner or later. And enjoy that ale, it the best batch I've made in a long time."

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur pays for his ale along with a little extra.

"You've been most helpful. And I'll be sure to take my time if your ale is as good as you say."

He then gets comfortable and takes a sip from his drink.

OOC: Do I take out some money from my character sheet or is roleplay money infinite? :)

Remove ads