• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn 2010-17

Trouvere

Explorer
A human sits near the middle of the room astride a reversed chair for reason of the greatsword slung across his back, with his head drooping almost to the table. Now, disturbed by the sudden loud talk, he straightens up to reveal shaggy black hair and a weathered but pale face dominated by a long drooping moustache. He raises one empty hand in salute. Mithral gleams from his sleeve where his worn hodden cloak falls away.

"Lands far off, and deeds worth doing," he says, belatedly adding to the toasts. "Think I was asleep. I'm, ah, Cay Riggle."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pendrake gets his mug refilled when the human makes his salute. He Joins the salute by echoing the words, "Ja! to Lands far off, und deeds vorth doing!"

Medina

Explorer
The door to the Red Dragon Inn is pushed open abruptly and a stout muscular dwarf strolls in. He strolls confidently up to the bar, "Joe?" he asks of the man behind the bar.

"Kalli Deepwarden. Troublemaker, or so I'm told. I hear this is the place to come for miscreants like me that can't keep a more honest job down."

epicbob

Explorer
After the Half-Orc seemingly ignores him, Arthur asks :

"Is there a dart game in this bar? I wouldn't want my skills to rust. At least whatever skill I DO have..."

epicbob

Explorer
"Hmmm..."

Arthur searches through his belongings for a bit before answering :

"Well...I have either bolts for my crossbow or a pair of daggers."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Can find most things back here if I search hard enough," says Joe. He reaches beneath the bar without actually looking. "Darts set," he pronounces and at once brings out a small hinged box.

"Darts make my ribs ache, especially when it's kobolds throwing them," Cay Riggle comments. "With that in mind, I need to see a man or better a dwarf."

He pushes himself up from his reversed chair, swings it back to face the table, then heads out the door.

epicbob

Explorer
Taking the darts set, Arthur replies :

"Thanks! There's no problem if I start right away, is there?"

Making sure no one is in the way, Arthur lines up a dart and lets loose.

OOC: Now, assuming the dart board is considered tiny, the AC should be 12 for a hit on the black/white zones. The colored bars should be a fine target at 18 and a natural 20 is the bull's eye. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

His dart lands just short of a colored bar.

With an annoyed look, Arthur replies : "Ugh! I was so sure that would land on the color..."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads