(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hallandor Canderson, Paladin of Grendath
Greetings to one and all. I am Hallandor Canderson a Paladin of Grendath. And I also am seeking to aid those that need one to right wrongs, help those that find themselves helpless, provide courage to those bravery has fled, or even...to trim small hedges.

"Hmm..." Jericho nods in acknowledgement of the newcomer.

"Ye be willin' ta right a wrong, then?" The stout dwarf says from his table near the bar. "If ye be a fool - and any Paladin a Grendath would surely be one - then will ye heed my call... I seek adventurers foolish enough ta seek out one pirate ship called Cirya de Pietro. If ye be willin', come sit with me. I'll tell ye more, and what ye'll need ta know."

Last edited:

ferretguy

First Post
The gnomish woman smiles at him accross the bar and comments "Well, I have no hedges to trim, but with any luck someone will soon need help of one sort or another. Tell me, do you restrict your company to those of Grendath, or do you associate with the genericly helpful?"
Hallandor turns to the Gnomish woman and with a slight bow As long as those I am traveling with seek not to cause harm to ones not deserving of it, whom or what one worships or believes shall not be of matter. Besides what would be the fun of traveling with only people of the same belief?

Ye be willin' ta right a wrong, then?" The stout dwarf says from his table near the bar. "If ye be a fool - and any Paladin a Grendath would surely be one - then will ye heed my call... I seek adventurers foolish enough ta seek out one pirate ship called Cirya de Pietro. If ye be willin', come sit with me. I'll tell ye more, and what ye'll need ta know."

And Sirrah, thinking one a fool for his beliefs can sometimes be a grave mistake, but due to my sense of humor, I see that your height may be your own shortcoming. And then again....maybe I am a fool because a possibility of fighting pirates has a certain "quality" about it. My only regret it that I do not swim well. But lets hear of this quest and see where it may lead.

Hallandor takes his whiskey and sits at the table with the dwarf, to hear more of his needs....

OOC: Sorry about the ferret, they usually don't get that big without lots o' food..... :D

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hallandor
And Sirrah, thinking one a fool for his beliefs can sometimes be a grave mistake, but due to my sense of humor, I see that your height may be your own shortcoming. And then again....maybe I am a fool because a possibility of fighting pirates has a certain "quality" about it. My only regret it that I do not swim well. But lets hear of this quest and see where it may lead.

The dwarf nods, and holds up his hand. "I do not mean to insult ye. Grendath is the Lord a Fools, after all - no insult to yer faith."

He waits for Hallandor to settle into his chair, then begins. "The city of Orussus be on the coast, as ye well know. This here coast is haunted by the likes of the de Pietro, pirates coming through when spring hits and movin' north, then headin' out to sea afore the first snows, vanished."

"They loot an' they pillage. The most dangerous one, though, is the de Pietro herself, a devil of a ship. Anythin' that tries ta fend her off is destroyed. She's left dozens a dead ships in her wake in her time."

"Once, Ramirez, the captain a the de Pietro, came into port lookin' for a shipwright who could fix 'is ship. I volunteered, not knowin' who he was. After the work was done, he only offered me half of his original offer. But I'm a dwarf, lad, and I was a young dwarf back in those days, and I wouldn't settle for less than what was due. So, instead, he took me leg."

"Now, Ramirez was human. I can tell ye that much, as I got a long, hard look at 'im several times. But I repaired his ship well over seventy years ago... and the de Pietro still comes back every year. I know that ship's ways, too, an' they never change... it's all Ramirez's style, if ye know what I mean."

"So, what I'm askin' is this: that ye hunt down the de Pietro, and find out where she harbors for the winter, as well as if the good Ramirez yet lives. If ye can destroy her, too, that'd be good... but that's not what I'm askin' ye to do. I offer 500 gold a head that goes with ye, counting yerself, and I'll provide ye with a good, stout ship, one that can stand up to a beatin'. I'll give ye a quarter a that when ye accept, if ye do; and if ye bring back a piece a the de Pietro as a sign she was destroyed, I'll double yer pay."

He pauses for a small moment. "So... what say ye?"

Pyrex

First Post
The door opens and Remi walks in, looking cold, wet and bedraggled but in good spirits anyway.

Seeing Joe at the bar, Remi heads over to him.
"Afternoon Joe, I could do with a mug of something warm if you please."
Then, seeing all the new faces in the bar,
"Hello all, I'm Remi Odaren, just got back from a hunting trip. Though if I'd'a known it'd be ogres we were hunting I might've just stayed here."
With that, Remi picks up his mug from Joe and goes to sit by the fire and dry off.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pyrex said:
"Hello all, I'm Remi Odaren, just got back from a hunting trip. Though if I'd'a known it'd be ogres we were hunting I might've just stayed here."
With that, Remi picks up his mug from Joe and goes to sit by the fire and dry off.

A gnomish woman in cerical robes and with a talisman of a lighted candle follows Remi to the fire with a look of curiousity. "Ogres, you say? Do they plague the people of this area?" She arches an eyebrow "Or were they simply after the same game as yourself?" She smiles slightly to ward off any offense and extends a hand in greeting. "I am Kirin, by the way. I'm here to help."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Shortly after Remi enters, the door opens again and a wet and bedraggled half elf comes in. She wrings out her long black hair out the door then comes in and heads straight for the bar.

OOC: WARNING: Two kahuna characters currently in the bar at the same time. I will endevor not to talk to myself. :eek:

"Good evening Joe, very hot mulled cider if you would..." She turns to the bar at large, particular the two involved in negotiations at a table. "I am Katherine DeSylvia, and I specialize in finding things." She gives Remi a wry wink in his corner by the fire. "Though after this last trip, I think I'll need to be more careful about finding out exactly what I'm looking for before it finds me."

An average sized, cloaked human entered after Katherine, with a large sized wolf at his side. He pulled back the hood of his cloak and shook his head slightly, looking around, "Joe...if you wouldn't mind getting me something very warm, and very strong...." he then turned to the tavern itself, "I am Telerin Sathalos...and this is Whitefang, the Orge killer," Telerin grinned and stepped towards the bar, "And we're both tired right now...hunting Ogres is harder than those stories tell..."

ferretguy

First Post
Well m'friend, 'tis an interesting tale you spin. This pirate does sound like the type of individual that should be stopped, and with the right kind of companions I would be more then interested in helping you. Myself, I do not have the skills nessecary to operate a ship, but it has been said that sea air is good for the soul. Hallandor looks around at the people coming into the tavern... Perhaps one of these gentlemen or our gnome priest can help?

Pyrex

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
A gnomish woman in cerical robes and with a talisman of a lighted candle follows Remi to the fire with a look of curiousity. "Ogres, you say? Do they plague the people of this area?" She arches an eyebrow "Or were they simply after the same game as yourself?" She smiles slightly to ward off any offense and extends a hand in greeting. "I am Kirin, by the way. I'm here to help."

Remi shakes Kirin's proffered hand then responds,
"They were definately not after the same game we were, but they plague the area no longer."
Then, noticing her holy symbol, Remi's expression becomes curious,
"Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't recognize your talisman. Whom do you follow?"

Remi waves to Katherine & Telerin as they enter.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hallandor
"Well m'friend, 'tis an interesting tale you spin. This pirate does sound like the type of individual that should be stopped, and with the right kind of companions I would be more then interested in helping you. Myself, I do not have the skills nessecary to operate a ship, but it has been said that sea air is good for the soul. Perhaps one of these gentlemen or our gnome priest can help?"

Jericho nods, and rises. "I must be off... I have work to do. If ye are still interested, head down to the docks, an' ask for Jericho. Ye'll find me. If'n ye don't want to do this fer me, then will ye be kind enough to tell others of my search, and point 'em to the docks."

The dwarf looks at Hallandor one last time, then heads out the door, which closes with a loud clatter as he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads