(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aranel

First Post
Aranel wandered down quietly and found Telerin and his sidekick 'Fang. "I had about a dozen baths to get rid of the damned ogre stench. And I think my nose is broken." She explained/complained before her face lit up in a dreamy grin. "But my new handbow...ooooh..." She patted the Wolf affectionatly. "Hullo there 'Fang." She looked around.
"Joe doesn't expect me to shout all my details out again does he?" She asked finally sitting down.
As she sat it became apparent to Telerin that her hair was still wet. "What's been happening with you? Anything interesting come up?"

"Looks as if there's a group going off on a boat," Telerin said as he sat down, keeping Whitefang close still, "I'm still exhausted from that last trip...and I don't think the sea would agree with me all that well."

Pyrex

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
"Excuse me, I know I've already proposed one adventure that got you soaked to the skin, but do you have any interest in boats?"

"Please excuse me for a moment Kirin."

As Remi turns to speak with Katherine, the rubber bands of fate twang just a little bit as Katherine & Kirin's eyes briefly meet.

"I haven't spent much time on boats, but you've piqued my curiosity. What's the job?".

OOC: At least I managed to resist trying to get you to talk to yourself. :D

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pyrex said:
"Please excuse me for a moment Kirin."

As Remi turns to speak with Katherine, the rubber bands of fate twang just a little bit as Katherine & Kirin's eyes briefly meet.

Kirin nods politely to the half elf and stands. "I should check Cirus anyway. He hates being left in a stable... Riding dogs are dogs first and mounts second, so they never understand being serparated from their friends."
"I haven't spent much time on boats, but you've piqued my curiosity. What's the job?".

katherine glances after the departing gnome and comments "Mortalist, huh? Hope there aren't any insecure paladins around... Anyway, the short version seems to be that there's a one legged dwarf with a serious grudge against a certain long lived pirate. He's offering a hefty reward and the use of a ship to find the pirates winter hideaway, and double pay if we actually find a way to destroy the pirate ship..."

She takes a drink of cider and glances around to see if anyone else's interest has been attracted before continuing. "I have a few ideas, though I'm going to need to find out more details before they solidify into a plan, but at some point I'm pretty sure we're going to have to fight some pirates from ship to ship. Which is where a good archer comes in..." She grins at Remi, but also glances over hoping Aranel has shown an interest.

Pyrex

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
"Anyway, the short version seems to be that there's a one legged dwarf with a serious grudge against a certain long lived pirate. He's offering a hefty reward and the use of a ship to find the pirates winter hideaway, and double pay if we actually find a way to destroy the pirate ship..."

"Pirates? As worthy a cause as any I suppose; although I'm not quite sure how to go about tracking a boat. As long as he doesn't have ogres as crewmates we should be fine. You're right though, we need to find this dwarf and get a few more details."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pyrex said:
"Pirates? As worthy a cause as any I suppose; although I'm not quite sure how to go about tracking a boat. As long as he doesn't have ogres as crewmates we should be fine. You're right though, we need to find this dwarf and get a few more details."

"And details from impartial sources as well..." Katherine winks "I have a naturally suspicious mind I'm afraid, but its all to the good. I imagine we'll sail to the largest port near this pirate's activities and I'll try to find out as much as I can about attacks in the area. Then we may well have to set our ship up as bait for this one or a lesser associate and go from there... in any case, we should join the noble paladin if you are intereted and see what we all can bring to this."

Pyrex

First Post
"Before we get on his boat, we may want to head down to the docks and see if anyone else has heard of this pirate."

Remi then walks over towards Hallandor and extends his hand,
"Good to meet you sir, I'm Remi."

Thinking three is a small group for chasing after pirates, Remi looks around to see who else might be interested...

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Pyrex said:
"Before we get on his boat, we may want to head down to the docks and see if anyone else has heard of this pirate."

Remi then walks over towards Hallandor and extends his hand,
"Good to meet you sir, I'm Remi."

Thinking three is a small group for chasing after pirates, Remi looks around to see who else might be interested...
Overhearing talk of pirates, Zumar looks up from his mug. "Pirates, eh? Sounds interesting. Ay've neer been on a boat 'afore....but ay'm always willin t' hunt down troublemakers. Ye can count me in, if'n ye need another."

Erekose13

Explorer
ao'Thuir of the Ghost Tribe, male Wood Elf Barbarian 1

A slender, short elf enters the inn still dripping from the heavy rain outside. He long unkept coppery-red hair that he keeps held in a loose ponytail to keep it out of his face. He carries his greatsword on his back easily accessible over his left sholder. His javelins jut from their case over his left sholder. His chainmail is a recent purchase and looks very new.

As is custom in places like this he makes his entrance known, "I am ao'Thuir, sword-for-hire." The tanned elf says in a voice that only barely makes it over the noise of the busy room. He makes his way towards the bar where he utters the same introduction to the bar-man and orders heavy elven liquor.

He then makes his way around, listen to see if there is any need for an strong arm. When he hears the group talking about pirates, he edges in and asks, "Have you any need for my services? I am interested in this quest by the sounds of it. Especially the part about destroying pirates."

Pyrex

First Post
Remi nods to Zumar & ao'Thuir in turn,
"Zumar, ao'Thuir, it'll be good to have you along.
The five of us should be enough to strike fear into the black hearts of these dastardly pirates. Is everyone ready to head down to the docks?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads