(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pyrex said:
Then, noticing her holy symbol, Remi's expression becomes curious,
"Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't recognize your talisman. Whom do you follow?"

The gnome smiles slightly and says "I don't know, who is leading?" She laughs at the private joke and then explains, "The candle is the symbol of the Mortalists. We are unaligned in the matters of gods, perfering to concentrate on helping our fellow mortals. I have abilities similar to those of clerics of the more pleasant gods, but I gain them from my introspection and dedication to certain ideals." Kirin seems friendly but slightly on edge as she explains, and Remi gets the impression this conversation has not always gone well in the past.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
Jericho nods, and rises. "I must be off... I have work to do. If ye are still interested, head down to the docks, an' ask for Jericho. Ye'll find me. If'n ye don't want to do this fer me, then will ye be kind enough to tell others of my search, and point 'em to the docks."

The dwarf looks at Hallandor one last time, then heads out the door, which closes with a loud clatter as he leaves.

The half elf who had introduced herself as katherine aproaches Hallandor after the dwarf has left. "I guess he doesn't know about the bulletin board," she says, "If I'd been here earlier I could have offered to scribe his proposal and people like me wouldn't be bothering you to hear it second hand." She smiles with slightly damp charm and sits in the recently vacated seat. "But the situation being what it is, could you tell me what the gentleman was so interested in searching for? I like finding things, and people and information. And I can always write it all down so you don't have to moonlight as Jericho's crier..."

Pyrex

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
"The candle is the symbol of the Mortalists. We are unaligned in the matters of gods, perfering to concentrate on helping our fellow mortals."

Remi smiles, trying to set Kirin at ease, but still curious, continues;
"Interesting. So then do you believe that we'd all be better off without the gods; or just that individuals should take a more active role in their destiny?"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pyrex said:
Remi smiles, trying to set Kirin at ease, but still curious, continues;
"Interesting. So then do you believe that we'd all be better off without the gods; or just that individuals should take a more active role in their destiny?"

"Well, my personal expereince is that my home village would have been better off without divisive belief in competeing gods, but that is only one situation. We see those like our amiable paladin here," Kirin gestures in a respectful way to the armored man, "whose beliefs have motivated them to work towards the greater good. Sadly, we then see those whose definition of good has been skewed to have more to do with people's beliefs than their condition."

She shrugs and takes a sip of her drink. "Sorry if I ramble a bit, its common back at the hostel for a group of us to stay up talking about belief and ethics and reality till our lamp burns out. If there is a core of the mortalist belief it is that we mortal races are responsible for our own survival and betterment, and that belief in gods is at best a side issue to that quest and at worst an impediment. Better to light a candle, they say, than spend your energy praying for a god to apear and end your darkness."

ferretguy

First Post
Looking at the half-elven woman,Hallandor smiles back Well m'lady it would seem that this dwarf is looking for adventurers that would be interested in searching down a pirate who has been looting and pillaging for many years and had taken his leg from him instead of paying his fair due for services rendered. I wouldn't mind aiding in this quest, although I do feel my humble abilities would be somewhat limiting in aiding his vengance. If you know of others who would be of more use to him, I would be honored to join with them in helping right this wrong of many years. Also a man of great evil should not be allowed to continue to plague and terrorise inhabitants of the coastal areas.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
ferretguy said:
Looking at the half-elven woman,Hallandor smiles back Well m'lady it would seem that this dwarf is looking for adventurers that would be interested in searching down a pirate who has been looting and pillaging for many years and had taken his leg from him instead of paying his fair due for services rendered. I wouldn't mind aiding in this quest, although I do feel my humble abilities would be somewhat limiting in aiding his vengance. If you know of others who would be of more use to him, I would be honored to join with them in helping right this wrong of many years. Also a man of great evil should not be allowed to continue to plague and terrorise inhabitants of the coastal areas.

Katherine listens with interest and solicits a few additional details of the offer...

"Well, while wreaking vengence is a task I'm ill suited for, the finding of the pirate seems like something I could definitly contribute to. I wonder... With a good ship and some starting crowns, we might be able to arrange for some pirates to find us, if we find the right place to make a decpetively soft target of ourselves...." She drums her fingers absently on the table and thinks.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
A muscular dwarf in a flowing red cape steps into the bar and gives Joe a friendly wave. "Hiya Joe. 'fraid things didn't work out with that order pickup. Tiggle around? Got some berries he might be interested in." Zumar tosses a clump of berries onto the bar. "'ad to wrestle some sort o' pissed off dog t' get em, but they should be good in a drink. So, how 'ave things been round here? Anything interestin goin' on?"

ferretguy

First Post
Well, while wreaking vengence is a task I'm ill suited for, the finding of the pirate seems like something I could definitly contribute to. I wonder... With a good ship and some starting crowns, we might be able to arrange for some pirates to find us, if we find the right place to make a decpetively soft target of ourselves...." She drums her fingers absently on the table and thinks.

Aye, that would sound like a good idea, as the dwarf gentleman also proposes that he does have a ship availible. All that this adventure seems to need is some crew to pilot the ship and a bit o'luck to attract the right pirates attention. Perhaps we could discuss this proposal with Jericho

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OoC: For the people considering taking on the Hunt for the Cirya de Pietro adventure, I'll be posting a thread for that shortly. If you want to leave the Red Dragon, and go someplace else (say, the docks), post there and I'll handle it.

Judges, hope that's alright with you...

Thread.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
ferretguy said:
Aye, that would sound like a good idea, as the dwarf gentleman also proposes that he does have a ship availible. All that this adventure seems to need is some crew to pilot the ship and a bit o'luck to attract the right pirates attention. Perhaps we could discuss this proposal with Jericho

"Well, that and a few stalwart companions. Too bad Aranel is still sleeping off the orges, she's a good woman with a well placed bolt..." Katherine glances over at Tellerin but shakes her head and murmers "Hmmm, wolves on boats, perhaps not... Wait just a moment." She gets up and walks over to Remi where he sits by the fire.

"Excuse me, I know I've already proposed one adventure that got you soaked to the skin, but do you have any interest in boats?" She gives the man a grin and nods over to the paladin at the table. "Theres an interesting offer available, and I'm thinking we could use a good bowman or two to take advantage of it well..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads