(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goblin King

First Post
Zhangsun raises his glass of ale to Jo and Haisi in greeting. "Hello."
He then goes back to reading his book occassionally making notes in the margin.

((I am reminded of that show Cheers. Sometimes an adventurer wants to go where everybody knows his name. I guess that would make Joe like Sam Malone. We need a Woody character. :) ))

orsal

LEW Judge
The Goblin King said:
Zhangsun raises his glass of ale to Jo and Haisi in greeting. "Hello."
He then goes back to reading his book occassionally making notes in the margin.

Jo's attention turns to the small green man who raises a toast. He has not come across many of his kind in his travels, although he has stopped in several cities along the way and met many other flavours of humanoid. He remembers how, when he was a boy, there was one time when the forest of Si-Chui was invaded by large numbers of goblins -- this small man looks a little like Jo's recollection. Is that what he is? The village archers eventually succeeded in chasing the little men away, and they did not further trouble Jo's home. Goblins were dangerous folk, always travelling in hordes to attack elves and other peacefully inclined folk from superior numbers. This little man, sitting alone at his table, friendly but a little reclusive -- he looks a little like them, maybe a related race, but obviously of different temperament.

Jo walks over to the small green man's table and says, "How may I address you, friend?"

The Goblin King

First Post
He smiles and closes his book. The cover reads, "The Land of the Southern Cross". It is a travelogue by the famous bard Bo Swift.
"I am known as Zhangsun. A traveller like yourself. I do not know much of the wilds as I have only recently left my church for the first time. Please, have a seat." He gestures to the empty chair.

orsal

LEW Judge
The Goblin King said:
"I am known as Zhangsun. A traveller like yourself. I do not know much of the wilds as I have only recently left my church for the first time. Please, have a seat." He gestures to the empty chair.

"Ah", Jo says, as he sits down at the goblin's table. He is a little awkward, as Zhangsun had naturally not chosen a table appropriately sized for part-humans. But this part-human is used to eating meals sitting on boulders in the forest, and can be pretty comfortable in just about any kind of seat.

"So you are a man of the church. So am I, in a way, although in my case the wilds are my church."

He pauses, then continues. "The wilds are different everywhere. That, actually, is why I travel. As my mother always told me, to be truly wise a druid must be familiar with all nature's denizens. So I set off to visit the varieties of plants and animals not native to my home in the Forest of Si-Chui. For example, in the past two days I have seen many of these short shrubs with round, reddish leaves -- do you know what those are called? I had never met this type of tree until I came to this area."

silentspace

First Post
Atella watches the goblin and the elf enter the otherwise empty tavern, and heads over to say hello.

"Atella here. I'm also here to explore the world, though I don't care so much about shrubbery. Perhaps we'll be hired together, eh?" Atella pats his fellows on the back.

"Cheers, to whatever the future may bring!" Atella says, first in goblin, then in elvish.

orsal

LEW Judge
silentspace said:
"Atella here. I'm also here to explore the world, though I don't care so much about shrubbery. Perhaps we'll be hired together, eh?" Atella pats his fellows on the back.

"Cheers, to whatever the future may bring!" Atella says, first in goblin, then in elvish.

"Greetings", Jo Guilan replies in elvish. "Come join us. Please, if you're not interested in shrubs, I hope at least that you get along OK with eagles."

He glances at Zhangsun to see if the goblin understands; if not, he'll switch back to Common.

(OOC: I didn't want to roleplay Joe's answer to my own question, so I'm not sure if Haisi was invited in, but Zhangsun has already greeted him, so I'm now guessing yes. In which case, the eagle is perched on a ledge overlooking the table where they adventurers are now sitting.)

The Goblin King

First Post
((This is an adventurers tavern so I am guessing it is animal companion friendly.))

Zhangsun winces at the low gluttoral Goblin speak. He replies in the same language but in a considerably different tone. His voice rings as a bell, "Please, let us converse in the common tounge so that all may understand."

Zhang clears his throat and begins in Common, "My people are different from those Goblins most encounter. Long ago our two races went our seperate ways. Those that followed hate went underground. They live in darkness and obey their evil impulses. Those who wanted peace live in secluded mountain villages. There are not many of us but we live a simple life. I was not content with such a monastic existance which is why I left."

"Those plants don't grow on the mountain slopes. I am afraid I don't know what they are called. My schooling was concerned with gods and ages gone past. But, cheers again. For the future indeed!"

Last edited:

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Young boy dressed in the habits of an acolyte of Antonidas the Drevin shyly steps into the bar. He carries a long bundle wrapped in cloth, and stares about the tavern wide-eyed, as he makes his way to the bar in the back. Back at the bar, he tugs on Joe's shirt sleeve. Once he has the bartender's attention, the boy passes over a few coins and a note. After reading the note, Joe shrugs, and gestures to the patrons. The boy turns around and addresses the crowd so timidly that he can hardly be heard above the din.

"Um, uh... Brother Cadfel needs someone to, uh... make a delivery for him... Please?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Meanwhile, Jo's meal has arrived. A large dish, some sort of casserole, with cabbage as the most obvious ingredient.

""Mmmm", the druid mutters after his first bite. "Delicious."

His attention is turned more to his food than to his two new friends, although he'll continue the conversation. He doesn't seem to have noticed the shy kid who just entered.

silentspace

First Post
Atella nods and drinks again to Zhangsun's cheers.

These two are a strangely senstive lot! All I did was offer cheers in their native tongues...

Atella's thoughts are disrupted by the young acolyte's entrance. Low on cash and opportunities, and eager to make his way in the world, he immediately speaks up.

"Hello lad! I could make a delivery for your Brother Cadfel, and perhaps my two companions could help as well. Come sit and make yourself at ease, and tell us a bit more about it, eh? Joe, some food and drink for our young friend, please!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads