(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goblin King

First Post
Zhang nods, "I would be more then happy to help. Tell me, who is Brother Cadfel? What needs to be delivered and to whom?"

((OOC: I might have to sit this one out. My character is still in unapproved limbo and I have no idea when, if ever, I can play him.))

Last edited:

Jack Haggerty

First Post
The youth shuffles over, clutching the bundle to his chest. Clearly intimidated by the sudden attention and general company of the inn, he stares at his shoes.
He vaguely mumbles something that might have been loosely translated as, "Brother Cadfel... Preist of Antonidas... sword... note... Kristoff... by the docks... money..." Finished with his burbling, he hopefully glances up once.

OOC: Anyone who agrees to the delivery may join in on the adventure, 'A Tidy Profit'. I can accommodate up to three (maybe four) additional characters.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
OOC: I'm not approved either, but my character's kosher, so what's the worst that could happen? :D

Atella nods at the youth. "Good enough for me," he says, taking the bundle and the note. "Put your mind at ease lad, we'll take care of it." Atella reads the note just to make sure he understood, before nodding to Zhangsun and Jo. "Shall we?"

Jack Haggerty

First Post
The youngster sets the package on the table and a small purse half full of what sounds like coins. The package is a little over a yard long, and not more than a few inches wide. Whatever the object is is wrapped in soft canvas and tied up with twine. The note is addressed to "Kristoff Marne, Priest of Grendath" and sealed with wax in the form of the long-bearded goat of Antonidas the Drevin.

The boy still stands, looking at the floor. The fidgets, wringing his hands, shuffling his feet, and stealing sidelong glances toward the door.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
"So... the purse is payment to deliver the sword and the note to Kristoff Marne, at the docks? Sounds simple enough." Atella suspects its not that simple, but at least it will be a good start to his adventures. He counts the coins in the purse. Then he turns to Zhangsun and Jo. "The two of you are priests, ne? Do you have any knowledge of the temples of Antonidas and Grendath?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Jo Guilan, druid, while eating

Jo Guilan ponders the offer. "Haisi and I had been planning on leaving as soon as I'm done with this", pointing at his casserole. "He's getting restless -- this isn't his habitat. You know, a quick trip to the docks on our way out wouldn't be a bad idea, and I could use a few coins. I've got enough to live on for the while, especially for a man of the land, but I don't have a horse. Say, how much is in that purse? And are we going to divide it three ways? Haisi doesn't have any use for coins, so that would be the fairest."

He looks toward the eagle and asks, "What do you say, Haisi?"

The eagle starts to extend its wings impatiently. "I guess he's ready to go", Haisi's humanoid companion interprets.

silentspace said:
"The two of you are priests, ne? Do you have any knowledge of the temples of Antonidas and Grendath?"

"No, don't know much... I'm a priest of nature, not of the gods." (OOC: no ranks in knowledge(religion).)

Jack Haggerty

First Post
silentspace said:
"So... the purse is payment to deliver the sword and the note to Kristoff Marne, at the docks? Sounds simple enough."

The youngster nods vigorously, still avoiding all possibility of eye contact. Finally, with his mission complete, the poor boy's nerve breaks and he makes a stumbling rush for the front door, exiting with all haste.

There are one hundred forty four thick silver coins of the realm in the purse.

OOC: Feel free to finish up here and post in the adventure thread. The 'approaching footsteps' belong to whoever comes along on the delivery.

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Jo and Haisi, headed out

144 silver pieces... a share of that would be about 5 gold, if Zhangsun and Atella both came along. Not a lot, Jo was thinking, but for a simple courier job it was excellent pay. Especially since he and Haisi would appreciate a nice walk/fly anyway, and wouldn't mind the company.

He finished all he could eat, and offered the last of his meal to the eagle. Haisi declined, either because the two monkeys he had pounced on that morning on their way to town had sated him, or because he wasn't into vegetarian fare.

Haisi followed his companion as he stood up and moved toward the door. "Sounds good", the half-human said.

silentspace

First Post
"Ye did a good job, kid," Atella calls after the fleeing acolyte. He splits the silver with the others, straps the sword to his pack and tucks away the scroll. He thanks Joe as he leaves to make the delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads