(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNovak

First Post
"Acch! If I'm wantin' companionship, I'll be seekin' out a dwarven lass or two! Here be tae partnership!"

Rogar clanks his second tankard against Cailean's mug, nearly shattering the smaller cup, and then proceeds to gulp this one dry in a very similiar fashion to the first one.

"Good stuff," he sniffs, wiping some of the involuntary moisture from his eyes, then snorting, making another "acccch" sound, and spitting a thick loogey onto the floor to his left. "Nae all we need is a thief an' a spelltosser, an' we'll be ready tae take on the world!"

Scorpio

First Post
orsal said:
"Word?" The guy who tried to kill us? No, I have no wish to let him know Atella and I are still alive and kicking. He'll probably be too tempted to finish the job." Jo pauses to take another swig. "If you want to, go ahead. I'm splitting. Either way, Haisi and I are heading out of town tomorrow morning. If we can figure out where the map leads we'd be happy to check it out with you; otherwise, we'll continue our wandering."

D'Artagnon clears his throat.
"So, You are leaving town? Well, if you're not working with us, then be my guest. Let this guy (gestures to the stranger) sit in your place. Forget you were here, forget everything you saw."
D'Artagnon looks disgusted.
"And where in Hades did that other guy drift off to? Crikes, people drift in, drift out..." He stands up, clutching the bundle he has been holding.
"I'm getting a room. Zhang? Atella? You staying around?"

The Goblin King

First Post
"I will help you clear your name as I said I would. If Jo wants to leave that is his decision." Zhang finishes his drink. "Perhaps in the morning things will be more clear to me." He says seemingly to no one then stands and followes.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Atella blinks as he watches Zhang leave.

Turning back to Jo and D'Artagnan, he says "I've got no desire to look for that captain either. What would be the point? He had at least two others with them, if not more. And they were of the sort who'd be difficult to find. I'm not the sort who's easy to sneak up on, but at least two of Word's men were able to do it. That takes some skill. I'm not bragging, that's just the way it is. And they were able to take both Jo and I out with one shot. The guys we're up against are good. If they found out that either Jo or I was looking for them, they'd come back and try to finish what they started. The only way I'm going after them is if we could boost our own strength and numbers. This tavern here is the place to find some more muscle, but we'd need money to hire them."

Atella finishes his mug and calls for another.

"I'm not sure what our next move is, if indeed there is anything left for us to do. But as I said before, I'm not sure this tavern is the best place to be hanging out at, since this is where D'Artagnan met the first set of thugs and murderers who framed him. That's what you said, right D'Artagnan? How about we find another inn somewhere else, somewhere that is not a known hangout of the murdering thugs who are looking for us, eh? How did I let you guys talk me into coming back here, anyway? Let's go get Zhang, find a room in another inn and figure out our next move. We should all share the same room, and keep watch in shifts, as Jo suggested earlier. That's what I'd like to do. If you guys are not agreeable to that, then I'll be moving on by myself, maybe to some other city where I'm not being hunted."

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
"Hrmpf. If ye want privacy, so be it, then," Durg snorts as he gets no response from Liatra. From the corner of his eye he notices the two newcomers, a human and a dwarf. He listens to them for awhile and as he realizes, that they are also looking for jobs, he decides to approach them.

With a nod to both of them he speaks to Cailean and Rogar, "Good day, travelers. I am Durg. I am also looking for work, but so far had little luck. Spells I don't understand and thieving does not interest me, but I can break bones with my bare hands." You are looking at a tall, muscular half-orc wearing worn loose clothing. His head is clean shaven.

Knight Otu

First Post
The Goblin King said:
He raises an eyebrow at Semabin, "You must be very far from home if they do not have Goblins there."
"Goblins? I heard legends that they used to be common in Sairundan before they were driven out by the djinn. Nowadays, there are no djinn, and only the Sirocco are rumoured to have contact with a few goblins."

Semabin shortly considers walking over to the two newcomers, but seeing that the half-orc, dwarf and human seem all to be capable combatants, he looks at the little man (Merlis) and asks him "Do you happen to look for adventure? Maybe we could form a group if you do?" It doesn't even cross Semabin's mind that he has no knowledge of the talents or wishes of Merlis.

Verbatim

Explorer
Merlis' head felt like it was spinning as he was being pulled in two different directions at once, but he realized he was standing in the middle of the floor and had to say something before the others thought he was a simpleton.

Upon hearing the offer to take a seat should the other man leave it, Merlis waited a moment until he heard another speak of hiring on help, but lacking the coins to do so. Hoping the men would not think him overly bold, Merlis spoke once more.

"If you seek help, but fear you do not have the coin to pay, I am willing to offer my services as an equal partner, and would require no advance payment. I still have enough coins from my last job that I am not worried of having to live on the street, but that is not to say that I am rich by any means."

Taking a step closer to the them, Merlis hoped if he could prove himself useful immediately, it might help his case as well.

"If you are worried about people disturbing you while you rest, I have memorized a spell of alarm that would trigger if anyone came too near your room. I am willing to cast it for you in good faith and friendship."

Knight Otu

First Post
Only as he turns to Merlis does Semabin notice that the gnome was no longer there, but with the group that at first appeared to be uninterested in any company. Thus, he finally decides to go to the two newcomers and the half-orc.

"Greetings! I am Semabin, a warrior from Sairundan. I might not exactly have the skills to make your group more diverse, but I guess an extra scimitar or two cannot hurt, right?"

Zerth

First Post
"Well met, Semabin. Always good to meet more warriors," the half-orc says turning to face the human warrior. "My name's Durg. You like scimitars, I see. I don't need anything but my fists."

Knight Otu

First Post
"The scimitars are the traditional weapons of Sairundan.", Semabin smiles. "You are a warrior who trains his body to be a weapon itself? A difficult, but rewarding path, would guess."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads