• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Heh. Are you looking for poker, Raena? I think that is stopped for now. Some are talking of thieving merchants, though." Anton puts his drink to his lips and then rests it on the table, "They are always wanting to make money, you see, but even these merchants seem... dark." He shakes his head and takes a big drink, "But why worry? I do not fear them."

Pbartender

First Post
Jack slips back into the Inn.

"'We pay well, ask around the docks if you doubt that'," he can be heard grumbling, as he embraces his old friend... the ale mug. "I guess Jack Haggerty, Little Sneak and Salvageer Extraordinaire," he continues in a louder more irritated voice, "just isn't the type they were looking for, pardon me very much, Mr. Armgill."

Jdvn1

"Well, well," starts Anton, "Looks like not many people are happy with the recent job offerings."

Pbartender

First Post
"Nah," replies Jack. "But that bugger's offering chump change for a job that just doesn't smell right. If you're set on going alnog on that ride, keep an eye out, and come back in one piece."

Jdvn1

Anton smiles, "Well, the final price hasn't been decided either. That amount is just for one way. Once we get the item, we can decide on a final price. Either way, there is more to the story than one hundred twenty-five gold."

Pbartender

First Post
"That's just what doesn't smell right. You're signing a blank contract for unspecified responsibilities and rewards. It's never a good idea not knowing what you're jumping into.

"Mongrel and Phyrah, mate, we may be professional adventurers, but we don't have to be stupid."

Jdvn1

"Well," Anton takes a drink out of his mug, "Like I said before: I do not fear them. I do not do this only for the money, but also because I enjoy the travel. If I can go and come and only get the 125, at least I have the opportunity to go and come." A shrug, "If something will happen maybe we can get away, since some of us are good at being quiet and not seen.

"Maybe this is my version of your cards."

Pbartender

First Post
"Well, suit yourself, chum.

"As for me, the cully'll have to offer a bit more than pickings, pocket change and promises to catch my fancy."

Jack tips his glass, "Good Luck and God Speed, pal."

Jdvn1

"Well, such is the way of life. Different people, different motivations. Thank you for your well-wishings, though. If I may ask, what do you plan on doing in the meantime? Waiting for something else to come along?"

Pbartender

First Post
"Right. Wait 'round here long enough, and something always comes along... And while you're waiting, there's always the beer." Jack drains his mug, and reaches for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads