Tavern Tales Chapter #1: The Forgotten Forge

Ashy

First Post
"Thank ye, Sergeant, it is a most kind gesture..." The shifter lass rises slowly, moving away from the body and closer to Litlow. She answers Dolom's assumptions in the order in which they were presented to her: "I shall, and am. Thank ye again..." Snow-in-Dusk manages a weak smile; she nods a small, barely noticable nod to Reg's words, her brow furrowed in thought or perhaps consternation...

DralonXitz

First Post
Hammer looks down at the corpse of the man and nods, muttering a phrase in some strange tongue as he grips a pinch of silver dust from his black waistpouch and sprinkles it over his body as he kneels down, "Rest in peace my friend, for the Silver Flame watches over you forever...even if you do not believe it..."

With that, Hammer stands up and silently stands in the shadows, observing the Police.

jasamcarl

First Post
As the group of recent combatants observes the Watch guards go about their work, another robed figure approaches from the rear, though this one shows no sign of malice. A visible hand wears a ring with the insignia of Hourse Cannith. From under its hood, pulled tight over the figure's head, a feminine voice whispers harshly, "If you would know the truth of Bonal Geldem's murder, go to the Broken Anvil tavern at dawn." Without waiting for a reply, he dashes away from the bridge, concealed by the night.

ooc: sorry for the delay. couldn't get into the site over the weekend.

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Snow-in-Dusk, now more confused than before, merely shakes her head. She looks to Litlow for guidance, and then silently admonishes herself. 'Traveler, what should I do', she prays silently...

shouit

Explorer
Litlow thinks outloud for a moment, "Hmm.. Could be a trap, maybe that guy wants to trap us there, but it is a public place. And if I was going to kill us, since we did kill that warforged, I would most likely want not a public place. But, it could still be a trick." He scratches his head. Looks off into the night, "But if we don't nip this thing in the bud, we could be looking over our shoulders the rest of our lives." Looking at Snow, "I think we should go over there, as a group, since safety is in numbers. If Mr. Hammer and Mr....." Litlow thinks again for a moment, "I don't know your name, or it has switch or something. I don't mean to be disrespectful, Mr. I will call you Reporter for now. Anyways, if you two would accompany Snow and I, that would be great!." Litlow thinks some more, "First I need to run home and talk to Tyrina and tell her where I am at. She worries, don't you know."

Ashy

First Post
Snow-in-Dusk looks to the gnome and smiles weakly... "Aye, I agree, Litlow, ye be right. And, we needn't go 'til dawn - is there anywhere we can get out of this rain?"

With the disusted and disappointed look on her features, for the first time, you think that Snow-in-Dusk looks somewhat cat-like, like a wet, slightly grumpy cat, in fact...

shouit

Explorer
Looking west towards another building, Litlow's eye glaze over slightly. "Would she mind? I am not sure, but I have never brought anyone home with me before, I don't think she would mind. But our home might be a little bit small, but they are big people and are used to being too big for things." Bringing himself to focus, he looks at his companions, "Okay, you can all come over to our house as long as you promise not to break anything. She would be very upset if something were to be broken. Let me tell you, I remember when..." his cheeks go very red at that moment, "....ahhh.. Nevermind, lets go."

jasamcarl

First Post
Sergeant Dolom approaches Snow, "Lady, we are done now. My men and I are about to head back to our Watch tower. We'll take the body with us, so if you wish to perform your rights, now is the time to do it. But, before you do that, is there anything else you found or saw that I should know of?" He looks from face to "face".

ooc: I think Reg still has the old man's stuff, so I'll just give him this little option. :)

Remove ads