[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Songdragon

Explorer
((Ahhh... okay. Posting a departure would have made that more clear.... :) ))

The halfling sits and listens and observes for some time sipping at her drink. As some of the more local patrons enter she will stand and move to their table and politely chat with them. She Asks them about themselves and their lives, and how it is to live in Venza.

She comes and goes from the various tables with a similar approach. In her heavily accented common, "Good day to you. I hope this day has found you well? I am new to Venza and I am talking with others to understand this place and to learn of the surrounding area."

((If there is a GM that needs/wants to throw out any information... Diplomacy (Gather Info) 1d20+8=13, 1d20+8=13 ))

[sblock=Saranna Surefoot's Mini-Stats]Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
Hallfing Rogue 1
Initiative: +3 Perception: +8
Conditions: n/a
AC: 16 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 8 of 8
CMB: -1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +6 Will: +3
In Hand: light shield [/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Grog shows Venarius and Saktouk the note that includes where to go to apply.

[sblock=game thread]Expansion thread is here. As soon as both of you have posted out of the Inn, I will post an entry there in order to get you to Tritower and the Clockwork Boar quickly where you and the existing party can rp as needed to get together.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Veniarus thanks Grog for the information, and then gathers what supplies he still has in the Inn as he prepares to leave for the venture that has been set before him. Once that is taken care of he walks out of the Inn and begins to chant quietly to himself and moving his hands and arms in intricate patterns as light glows from his arms. This is all done for a full minute, once that minute is up, the air next to Veniarus ripples as his Eidolon begins to take form from the magical energy suffusing the surrounding area. Once the summoning is complete the Eidolon asks "How may I serve you?" to which Veniarus says "We have our first job, I trust you are up to a bit of a journey?" the Eidolon smiles and says "Of Course."

<< Exiting the Inn as of now and heading to my destination >>

[sblock=Veniarus Mini Stats]Veniarus Tollar (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +2
Armor Class: 15 (13 Flat-footed, 12 Touch)
Hit Points: 9 Current; 9
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +2 Will: +2

Current Weapon: Light Crossbow, Loaded

Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
Spells Per Day: Infinite Cantrips Remaining; 2/2 First Level Remaining
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Guidance, Message
First Level Spells: Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor[/sblock][sblock=Kalius Mini Stats]Kalius (Eidolon)
Initiative: +2
Armor Class: 14 (12 Flat-Footed, 12 Touch)
Hit Points: 11 Current; 11
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

Current Weapon: Lucerne Hammer
Secondary Attack: Bite (1d6+3)[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Saktouk, half-orc monk

((Ahhh... okay. Posting a departure would have made that more clear.... :) ))

OOC: Sorry 'bout that. Hadn't made it back to the Inn thread since I worked out joining the other adventure. Had meant to make at least a quick hello/goodbye in any case. I'll do that now...

As Veniarus leaves, Grog makes some kind of comment to Saktouk in his native tongue, to which Saktouk responds with blatant confusion.

"Sorry, mate, but I ne'er did learn the gutteral tongue from the orc side o' the family, you know?" he says with a shrug. Grog fumes as the monk turns to leave. He bows to the halfling entourage on his way out.

"M'afraid work's come 'round faster'n a body expected, m'lady, but I do hope you an' yer kin find what yer lookin' for," he says genially, then exits.

"Don't you bother with him," Grog calls out to Saranna. "Bugger don't even know his own tongue. What kinda half-orc's he think he is? Nah, you ain't learnin' nothing from him 'cept for what a big old fake is like."

"Don't mind Grog," says the barmaid nearby. She has short but messy hair, and Saranna catches glimpse of small horns hidden in her locks, probably on purpose, she suspects. "It's not a good day for him if he hasn't found a half dozen people to complain about.

"Though he's probably a good lesson if you're looking to learn 'bout this place. Venza's a great city, full of just about everything you might want, but you can't put all those different types together--especially throwing in for-hire adventurers--and not expect that things can get a bit rough from time to time. Always a conflict to be had if you're looking for it, and sometimes if you're not.

"I'm Marla, by the by,"
she says. "Lemme know if you or your folk need anything."

Songdragon

Explorer
Saranna Surefoot 1st-level Rogue

Saranna will return Saktouk's bow as he departs and watches Grog as he rants on without showing any discourtesy. She then nods her head at the barmaid, "Thank you Marla. I am Saranna Surefoot. You have been most helpful."

The halfling will return to her seat and after a half hour or more she will order some roast bird and drink as she watches and learns of this place known as Venza.

Songdragon

Explorer
The halfling will eat her meal and chat with any new patrons. Respecting any who wish their privacy. She spends a few more hours before thanking Marla for her help and even thanks Grog for his hospitality with a short bow. With a node to the two halflings in white and gold the trio departs the inn.

Along the streets of Venza Saranna watches and tries to catch the nuances of the people here and eventually makes her way back to the noble docks, where those of Venza were kind enough to host the halfling delegation. She boards the lead ship and will turn and bow thanking the two halfling soldiers for the service. They return a bow and retire.

The lone halflong looks out at the city tempted to run out there alone to see what she can find. But the position she holds, with responsibility to others beside whereself, and her own honor, she sighs deeply and turns towards her cabin.

Hallfing Rogue 1
AC: 17 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)

Songdragon

Explorer

(( *Chirp, chirp of the crickets* A shiny new character and no one to play with... ;) ))

<<< At dinner with the Veneziano family >>>

The halfling was seated at a large table her honor guard stood silently off to the side of the main arched entrance to the out door dinning area. Saranna was wearing a simple but fine white dress with a turquoise sash at her waist noting her family. She smiled to her hosts as they ate and overlooked the large bay of Venza's port as the sun was heading for the horizon.

"I thank you for the fine meal Milord... My apologies, Salvatore." The young woman had been making the mistake all evening, at adressing the head of the Veneziano family.

"Think nothing of it, Saranna. It was a pleasure to host a guest. Especially one of your esteem and request." the man said with a smile. Salvatore Veneziano was the head of his noble house. The family was quite famous for the many the many wizards they produced. Even those with little talent for wizardry could claim some arcane art for themselves.

"You have looked over the proposal then?" Saran asked in anticipation

The elder man smiled the the youthful enthusiasm of the halfling before him, and replied, "I have only discussed it with my brother Leone and daughter Caterina this afternoon. They have talked with the Grey Ones, your magisters, this morning." he paused to sip his wine, "The premise is sound and the idea of linking the arcane energies needed with the cycle of the silver moon, was rather ingenious. Your kind know their craft well."

Saranna made a small bow, "Thank you Lor... Salvatore."

He nodded in return, "It will take time to consider the proposal in its entirely, as well as gain the proper approvals of course. I do not foresee any major complications." The man seems in thought, "Have the Grey Ones return in two weeks time and my family and I will have a better understanding what will be required, on both ends, of all of us."

"Thank you Salvatore. Again, you have been most kind and generous with your time." Saranna says.

The pair continue to talk of other matters for several more hours before the young halfling woman is on here way down the road from the hillside estates of the Veneziano. She returned to the halfling ships and informed the Grey Ones of the discussion with the Lord Veneziano and they seemed quite pleased. Taking her leave, changing to more comfortable attire, Saranna decides to stop in at the Dunn Wright Inn to see what is occurring at a later hour.

<<< Dunn Wright Inn >>>

Saranna enters the Inn and takes a seat at the bar, ordering light ale.

Hallfing Rogue 1

Qik

First Post
No sooner does Saranna take her seat at the bar then a short gnome, dressed in a comical surplus of oddly clashing, brightly colored clothing, waddles his way over and takes a seat next to her. Eying her crossly, he gives a little "tsk" with his tongue. "You're late," he says, with clear disapproval. "Should have been here an hour ago. But then again, you're not desired for your punctuality."

OOC: This little guy here is going to be the main NPC in an adventure I've been working on for some time now. It's not *quite* approved yet, but should be any day now, and since it looked as though Saranna needed some company, I figured I'd make the introduction now. :)

Songdragon

Explorer

Saranna looks at the gnome, who is likely just taller than her, "Pardon me Sir? Do I know you?" she asks in her accented common. "I am sorry, but I cannot be late for a commitment I never had. Perhaps you could enlighten me of what I am late for?"

(( Thanks Qik... I was not complaing, much. :D ))

Hallfing Rogue 1

Qik

First Post
Now Recruiting for Uncertain Whereabouts - An Adventure for Lvl 1s

The gnome smiles knowingly. Adopting a tone best suited for a lecture, as if what he's saying has become well-rehearsed through repetition, the gnome wags his finger as he responds, "Fate makes its own appointments for us, my dear, and cares not if we are unawares. In any case," he continues, tilting his head occasionally from one side to the other, in a gesture that is as eccentric as it is oddly enchanting, "the others are even later than yourself. So you still look good in comparison. I just hope you all come to be more reliable than your lack of punctuality would suggest. Come," he says, hopping off of his seat, "I have prepared a table for us in the back; we have much to discuss. I will gather the others as they arrive." As the gnome speaks, Saranna notices that his eyes are constantly shifting color in a way which is not entirely attributable to the flickering of the tavern's lanterns.

OOC: More like, it was just a bit sad, what, with the crickets and all... :)

In any event, it's good timing: PM's given his approval, so I can officially start recruiting now. It may be a bit before some other first levels show, but we can at least keep ourselves preoccupied in the meantime. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases