[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Satin Knights

First Post
"Yes Heinrich, I remember you. You are hard to forget."

"So Master Pari, you have before you wine... women... and song. If that will not drive away your troubles, what will?"

Arianna_headshot.png

.........Arianna

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich grins at the 'hard to forget' descriptor.

"I enter room vith BANG! Ja?" he than motions for Pari to have the floor .. .. .. .

OOC: When you are done with your recruiting O.P., I will be entering my Recruiting Post for my vignette.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Busy with home/spring stuff today, and WAY too sleep now. Will put the story up tomorrow AM, but will then be out of touch most of the day tomorrow. I'll try to set it up so you can carry on w/out me for the day ;)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: Yes, but I will take anyone in the DWI 3rd level and below. I am expecting the characters that are just shy of 2nd level to come my way with the new and shiny 1st levels going your way. :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari's head bobs enthusiastically as each person is introduced, causing his shock of dark orange hair to wave wildly in the air. He accepts Ellamin's suggestion for a drink and takes a large swallow when it's brought, hardly seeming to notice as the alcohol slides down his throat and he glances twitchily around the room.

Finally, he gets down to business.

"As Heinrich no doubt remembers, I spent some months as a young member of my craft hiring out my services from this very inn. I was not too far along in my studies, however, when the Council in Tal Hallow summoned me home and asked me to take an assignment; I was to insert myself into an area just to the southwest of them, sharing a border, where some tales of events that were . . . concerning . . . to the Council were coming to light. Just rumors, but worth investigating.

"The Barony of Gevallenengel has proven to be most unusual. It's only a small territory in the lower reaches of the Seithr range, consisting of one small village and a wood, with the Baron's castle looming over all from a high clifftop. There's a wood and a rather nice little river through it all. But it doesn't take long once within it's borders to realize that there's more to this place than it seems on the surface. Even after all the time I've spent there, I have not managed to more than scratch the surface.

"The wood is very overgrown, and travel through it has proven difficult even for a nature priest of my abilities. More, it seems to be considerably larger within than the space it occupies on the map. Other than the main road through the barony, paths within the wood shift, so that the way one takes one day might have changed the next.

"The villagers are very leery of strangers, guarded and reclusive. There is some trade passing through - there are some necessities for them that they cannot produce for themselves - but merchants stay at an inn just up the river and well outside the village borders and are never allowed within the village itself. I've yet to gain the villagers trust, and have not been allowed into their little hamlet myself.

"Living within the Barony is an unsettling experience. There's an aura about the place, an atmosphere of breathless expectation and of being watched that's most disturbing. I hardly noticed it at first, but over the course of time it's grown so that even now, even outside the borders, I find myself fighting the urge to look over my shoulder.

"So much to learn there . . ."

He drifts off into silence for a moment, a look of absent consideration coming across his leathery features, before taking another long swallow and continuing.

"Aaahhh. Enough, and on to business. Yestercay I became aware of an oddity, strange even for what I've learned so far of the wood. At the base of the cliffside upon which the Castle Gevallenengel lies - hundreds of feet above or more - there is a cave. I've been inside, it's a simple, natural cave that extends only twenty or thirty feet into the cliff. Or it was. I was on my way by the cavern on an errand of some urgency when I noticed a glow emanating from the cave mouth. It was dim; had it not been twilight I'd not have seen it, but once aware I decided it was worth a short investigation. Moving closer brought the smell of sulfur, and some muted noises from within as well. More, the feel of the air from the place was changed . . . from the outside it feels more like the opening to a larger space than I know is there.

"Sadly, that errand I mentioned won't wait long enough for me to give this the attention it deserves. I had enough time to spare to spend a day coming here to fetch a few people who might be interested in looking into this for me and even at that I'm pressed.

"So, to sum up I'm asking the five of you to investigate this cave for me. Once you've looked into it, and taken care of whatever you find to ensure that it does not endanger the Barony or its citizens . . . yes, I've met some of them going about their business in the wood and come to care for them . . . I'd like you to make a brief visit to Tal Hallow to report your findings to the Council. There you will receive a reward commensurate with your services. If they will not pay you - I'm certain that they will, though I've not spoken with them to make arrangements - I will see myself that you receive payment."

GM: Insert Q & A here - we'll take care of it in the IC thread so the way is cleared for DeWar and perrinmiller to start their recruiting. I've got the thread made but don't have the housekeeping post completed. Still, feel free to move your posting over there - you're all LPF vets and my house rules are fairly standard for us. I'll get the housekeeping set up tonight or tomorrow. Welcome aboard!

Adventure Link: Coils of Flame

The little priest stands. "OK, if that's it then I'll see you all at the large oak a half mile walk down the road from the city. Oh, I forgot to mention that my friend Tagaiwi will be with me . . . don't be alarmed when you see him. I'll take care of getting you to the Barony and the cave from there."

jackslate45

First Post
The elf mage looks like he is about to introduce himself, before the red-haired gnome starts going into the details of the job. Listening carefully, the elf seems to be deep in thought, while the bodiless voice that seems to accompany him seems to be asking questions about it.

"Hey buddy, what's Tal Hallow? Never heard of it. "

The elf, not noticing that the voice was asking him questions, doesn't answer immediately. He still seems to be processing what the gnome had said. The elf's brain seems to be in overdrive, as he barley listens to anything going on around him. At least until the voice yells out the elf's name loudly, drawing him out of his thinking trance.

"ANAERION!"

"Huh? Oh! Right. Tal Hallow. Other than it being a gnome village, I am afraid I know very little about it. It will be an excellent learning opportunity for the both of us."

"Also, they're introducing each other. Should do that as well."

"Indeed".

Turning to look at the gathered party, the elf bows deep and says "As my friend has pointed out, my name is Anaerion. I specialize in the creating of things out of thin air, and also the rapid escape by teleportation. Very handy when dealing with giant aberrations that evil men tend to summon from planes unknown. My friend's voice that you hear is Malkovian. He is in many ways a part of me as your own soul is. Well met to all of you."

Turning back to the self proclaimed nature priest, Anaerion starts to voice some of the questions that he was thinking about. "How long is the travel to this Barony? I have some equipment to prepare before hand, and I would like an idea as to how long the travel will be. "

"Your not going to ask about fish girl either?"

Anaerion, looking immediately embarrassed, says quickly to Ariaana "I do apologize. Malkovian is a curious one, and loves learning new things. Much like myself when younger. I felt that it was inapproipate to ask, so I didn't bother to ask."

Remove ads