• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury grins at Rune. "Go over and call his grandmother a worm-sucking crow and if he tries to kill you, then you know he speaks Common. Or at least, Common as spoken by a dwarf with a mouth full of rocks."

Fury nods a respectful greeting to the golden duelist. "I do indeed know how to use it. I would be a foolish man if I carried the blade and couldn't back it up. Those who know me call me Fury. And what about you? What are you called?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Human Male Fighter

Borric takes the towel and holds it over his red and watery eye. He replies to Marla, "Thanks devil girl. You can believe whatever you want, just don't get your tail bent outta shape or be puttin' any hexes on me."

Seeing the boyish one (Iosef) blush, the gruff fighter joins in the teasing, "Rotter take that, send him down to the Tasty Treat and he can snatch him some kitty to play with right proper. Much better than the haughty, overpriced wenches in the Night Court."

Observing the dwarf (Rune) is pretty deep into his cups, Borric assumes that someone else has been buying him drinks. He takes the mug of ale from the counter top, looking for his change from the silver coin.

Turning towards the inquisitive one (Syl) that asked about his eye, his instinct tells him that he might regret speaking hastily about hexes to the fiendish bartender once he sees the man's appearance. He starts to speak, "Well first this mudlicker bumps into me in the street... what the fuh?..."

His eyes narrow as he reaches for his light hammer and draws it up with his left hand, not his most accurate one neither, "Mister you got a bug on ya, let me squash it for you. Hold steady."

[sblock=OOC]Do you guys mind filling in some basic info (Name, Race, Gender, and Class) in the Title blocks of your posts?

There is so much confusion going on I cannot tell who is what and who they are always referring or talking to. Everyone except the Tiefling wench is a "he" and a "man". ;)

Thanks kindly.[/sblock]____________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
Syl Male Human Witch and Waltor the scorpion

"Hold on, big fella," Syl yells as he stands up abruptly, interrupting the large fella who was intent on squishing Waltor. "That's no bug, that's Waltor, my scorpion...friend," he says, pausing a moment before letting out the last word. "Please don't smash him, even if he can be quite tempermental at times."

Lokoking down at the scorpion, who was almost hissing at the stong man, a grumbling Syl says, "Waltor now is not the time. This guy looks like he can squash both of us. I'll properly introduce you later."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Marla's eyes narrow and her cheeks flush, her hand shoots up towards her horns self consciously, but she halts it with an obvious effort and says in a carefully emotionless tone,

"I understand that some men behave boorishly to compensate for certain anatomical failings. So I suppose I should be sympathetic, poor little guy."

She turns stiffly away and spends several minutes with her back to the patrons studiously cleaning the same glass. For those who are curious no tail is evident.

Gerald007

First Post
"And even if you could squash the two of us, you should be a bit nicer to Marla. She doesn't know it yet, but sometime in the future, we'll be going on a date, I expect." As he says the last part, Syl ducks, avoiding what he expects either to be the glass fired in his direction by the tiefling, or the hammer blow from the warrior.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric lets the hand with the hammer drop to his side, now more than a little scared of hexes and the like, "Callisto protect me, this one plays with bugs and names them. And he wants to make deals with demons. Everyone in this town is a little nuts, I think."

"And I don't think the girlie should be making fun of the dwarf's height, neither. The bearded ones get might ornery as they get along in their years. Particularly when the ale and wine clouds their vision."

Mostly he is talking to himself, but Syl is hearing it all.

Borric is beginning to believe the one called Fury might be the sanest one of the lot, and with a name like that, he is not so sure of him either.

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Ravenath

First Post
Ravenath, human rapier duelist

"My name is Ravenath." -he nods to Fury- "And I just arrived the city."-sips a few wine from his glass-"So... what kind of business can a honest man do around here, my friend? A honest man skilled with the blade, of course."

Gerald007

First Post
Syl human male witch w/scorpion familiar, Waltor

"Have a seat and a drink with us all, big guy, and put that hammer away. We aren't as bad as we initially seem--well maybe the dwarf is, as I'm still figuring him out. And don't worry, I don't cavort with demons...I'm much more fond of elementals and the like. I think they are much cooler," Syl laughs, quite enjoying the bewildered look on the warrior's face.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury - Male Human Bravo w/ rapier

In response to Ravenath: Fury ruefully shakes his head at the other swordsman's question. "I've been asking myself that very same question. There is a noticeable dearth of jobs for honest men with skill at arms at the moment. Seems it is much easier to get a job when you're a dis-honest man." He laughs. "Every man and woman on the Grand Council proves my point, I think!"

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric, still with one hand holding the towel to his eye, glares suspiciously at Syl with the other, the mention of elementals does nothing to calm his nerves either. Then he hears Fury mention work available for dishonest men and he snorts, "You are very correct, sir. The cut-purses and thugs throwing their weight around this town is down right appalling. It is enough to make any stranger drink."

With that, he sets the hammer down on the table and drains his ale, "Oy! Horny girl, another ale!... Uh, please."

Deciding that he will sit down, Borric begins piling his other weapons on the table so he can actually use the chair; his battle axe, his flail, his chakrams, the quiver full of arrows and his shortbow.

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Remove ads