[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
As Boric mutters the words 'an oracle is going to ruin my day' Relic looks up from his book for the first time. "Yes, that is highly likely. I do apologise. It's not entirely my fault I don't think ... well depending how far back you want to go really if one is looking for someone to blame..." The dishevelled wizard draws in breath as though he were about to explain his rather out of place and non nonsensical comment, but instead his eyes glaze over, his jaw flaps and he goes back to his back as though nothing had ever happened.

soulnova

Explorer
"Awkwaaard..." Damaris whispers at the scene unfolding some distance away with the pregnant woman. "Hehehe, nope, no children for me any time soon!"

"Ok, back to our conversation... I would certainly like to hear about what Galandra has been doing and the type of company she keeps..." she smiles and proceeds to drink a little more wine.

"Your sister and I and a bunch of other greenies took a little jaunt to look for a lost cat."

Damaris chokes with her wine. "*COUGH*, *COUGH*... what!? A CAT!? Of all things!?" she laughs. "Well, I guess she IS a tracker and hunted animals with Dad, but... -a lost cat-. That should have been hilarious to see. I will need to ask her about that next time"

"Oh, a pirate hunter, how daring! I like daring" Damaris chuckles teasing Amien in a playful way.

"We already presented ourselves... what about you, Kaedyn? Is there anything you can tell us about yourself?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric1

Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg
Corbin cannot help but chuckle to himself at the drama unfolding between the pregnant half-elf woman and her paramour. I've known a lass or two in my days of travels, but never been back to the places where they lived after. I wonder what a return to those places might look like for me. My holy oaths keep me from indulging in such dalliances now, however. Ah, the days of my youth, he reminisces. He is growing tired of the mead. It isn't spiced the way Mum Jalise used to make it, so the mug now sits at his table untouched. He decides he would after all like something of more substance to eat however. "Merla, dear!" he calls out, "I'll be having a wing of roasted pheasant, or chicken if you have it."

"Be right with you, traveler," she says, clearly occupied with other customers.

While he waits for his roasted fowl, he continues to observe the patrons of the inn, still on the lookout for someone with respectable work.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

At table with Borric, Breninyr, and others...

Fury frowns. From his position by the door he can barely hear a thing, especially with all the patrons jabbering non-stop. He slips through the crowded room making his way with the grace of a dancer until he reaches the table containing Borric, Breninyr and a collection of others.

"I'm Fury," he says by way of brief introduction, not wanting to draw the woman's ire in his direction.

Fury snags a chair from the table with the extremely attractive young woman who sits at table with three men, one of which looks to be an uptight cleric or paladin type. Two thoughts cross his mind: why is he not sitting next to her and trying to get to know her better instead of with the motley collection of louts in front of him, and why aren't they sitting at Fury's table? The rogue glances over at the table where the beautiful woman sits and notices that the red hand mark has faded away completely not even leaving a trace. Fury shrugs having expected it on some level since the mark on his armor faded long, long ago.

He smiles round the table nodding at the strangers but the smile quickly fades and he wrinkles his nose as the pungent smell assaults his nose.

"Something die in here?"

Fury looks under the table and finds nothing. Looking around with suspicion he waves his hands in the air above the table and the sharp, clean scent of lemons relieves assailed olfactory senses. The scent isn't entirely successful as an odor of rot can still be detected beneath the lemon but it is no longer eye-watering bad.

Turned to Corbin's table...
As the cleric of Issolatha at another nearby table calls for Marla Fury leans over to whisper conspiratorially.

"Her name is Marla. Trust me; you do not want to get that one angry at you." He winks at the fellow then turns back to his own crowded table though he keeps one ear tuned towards the cleric in case the fellow wants to chat. Fury has no problems chatting with newcomers in the Dunn Wright and that fellow looked like he hadn't made many friends yet.

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 99 Current: 99
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand:
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo leaves with Maui and taniwah commenting, "funny how this place always has room for more people. Like it gets bigger automatically somehow."

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
The pregnant woman marches up to the table with a stern look on her face. "Borric Hawkins! Pretending you don't know me. You should be ashamed! Of either your ego, or your poor memory." Reaching into her brassiere, she pulls out a well pressed note. "Some fancy priestly guys came looking for you. They were checking the brothels where you should have been found, but you apparently had your fill and were not to be found. But *I* knew where to find you. I said I could deliver their message. So, here it is."
She hands over what was once a very formal invitation. Crumpled and well worn, it still made its trip in tact.

[sblock=The note reads:]
The time has come where another must take his place in the inspired duty to protect the land. Come see the holy inauguration of Alton Allbright into the Holy Order of the Sentinels.

You, Borric Hawkins, having been known for performing heroic deeds in the past, are hereby invited to witness the inauguration of the latest to join the Thirteen. Guardians of the Realms, Defenders of the Lands, Champions of the Purest Light, the Thirteen have been the first line of defense against all that creeps, crawls and terrorizes the dark.

The inauguration ceremony will commence at sunset on the twenty first day of this moon at Mendikarr's Cathedral in Cutheleon. That is to be followed with three days of feasts and blessings. Formal and dignified attire is required for the ceremony.
[/sblock]​
[/section]

"Whew. Delivered and read, I can collect the rest of my delivery fee now. Being laid-up like I am, finding good work is hard. That's why I jumped at, well okay, waddled along to do this. Those priests might not be much fun in the sack, but they pay well when they want a job done."

Looking around the table at all the jaws that have fallen at her grand entrance, "Don't worry boys, it ain't his. Been two years since I seen this bugger.", as she slaps Borric on the back. "But when you got a chance, you gotta play on a man's fears. Trolls wouldn't scare this lout, but being a daddy, I would bet that must be his greatest fear." Giggling, she gives him a kiss on the cheek and musses up his hair a bit more.

[sblock=ooc]The city is to the south-southeast, about a 110 miles. It would take 3 days on horse, or 7 days for a gnome to walk it. The invitation has arrived 9 days before the event. A DC 5 Kn Local is all that is needed to know this is a famous event that happens only once every few years. Everyone of major importance seems to show for these events.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn Thorngood, Paladin of Helerion (NPC)

~ At Kaedyn's Table ~

Morrolan.png

While the three are giving him snippets of past exploits, Kaedyn cannot be sure of their character and beliefs. He is not looking for mercenaries, not unreliable fortune seeking adventurers. Judging by the commotion about the warrior armored like a golden knight, the patrons in this tavern are not very endearing in attitude and words.

Kaedyn nods to acknowledge the fair question from the attractive woman.

"I am a paladin at the Chapter House of Helerion here in Venza. Until recently, I was strictly in charge of training and martial drill..." he pauses and does not look happy.

"Now, I am the senior member of the Order."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

~ At Table with Daylily, Bren, Aradra, et all ~

Swash1.jpg

Borric glances at the old man (Relic) with a book and doesn't have a clue what the man is talking about. He never met him before and doesn't see where he fits into this situation. He replies, "Heh, don't ya worry yourself about it, Gramps. I forgive ya."

He reads the note and hands it to Fury, "Check that sheet out, mate. Some fool believes that I make a good witness to some fookin' popinjay getting his noble manhood anointed. Ha ha!"

"You would know all about that, lass,"
he alludes to the whore's services.

Borric continues commenting to his friend as he (Fury) looks over the note, "It would be even funnier if they thought I was worthy of being some self-righteous knight and needed to be inducted too! Well, it looks like they are hosting a grand party for it. It doesn't say I can't bring any friends neither."

Turning back to the pregnant woman, he gives her a gold coin from his pocket.

"Lady, no offense, but there have been a lot of brothels and whores, ha ha. Half of the time I am sheet-faced. Besides the tops and backs of your heads all tend to look alike when..." he gives her a knowing look and an incorrigible grin. He likes whores.

"You need me to provide an answer? If so, you can tell 'em that I will show up. Free feasting and such, who would turn that down, for fook's sake? Not I. Hell, from what I have heard, any up and coming hero is expected to be there to celebrate."

"What say you, Fury? Bren? You fellas want to go too? I am sure Syl will want to. Mayhap we can discuss my plans to try and acquire a magic carpet."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Mwk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"Well, you are rather unremarkable too. But when a field mouse comes visiting every other day for a nibble, one tends to give him a pet name. When it is all said and done dear boy, you're the one spilling your blood on the battle fields and we young lasses are the ones with gold filling our purses. So, on behalf of Madame Lorraine and the sisterhood of negotiable affections, get your butt moving and go get us some more money!" Unable to hold a straight face, she busts out giggling.

With a grand flourish, she blows a kiss to all the men sitting at the table with Borric, winks and then turns to go. Calling back over her shoulder, "Thanks for the tip."

Moving through the crowded inn, she gets to the door, and it opens before she can grab the handle.

"Ha, told you I could find him first. Pay up. And he even said yes."
After collecting the rest of her gold from the incoming stranger, "The others you're looking for are probably over there with him in that far corner."
[/section]

Remove ads