[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jackslate45

First Post
~At the table with Borric, Daylily, et all~

A bunch of crazy things occur very quickly, and Aradra can only stop and wonder what was going on. Kalinn's very odd exit, the appearance of Orlando calling himself some other name, Relic's extremely odd behavior towards Borric, and the fact that they used a pregnant women to get Borric's attention, makes Aradra's head hurt.

Looking up towards Bren, the solider asks "Is it always this weird for you guys? I know I've had my fair share of odd things happen, especially on our last trip, but something feels off about this..."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric1

Turned to Corbin's table...
As the cleric of Issolatha at another nearby table calls for Marla Fury leans over to whisper conspiratorially.

"Her name is Marla. Trust me; you do not want to get that one angry at you." He winks at the fellow then turns back to his own crowded table though he keeps one ear tuned towards the cleric in case the fellow wants to chat. Fury has no problems chatting with newcomers in the Dunn Wright and that fellow looked like he hadn't made many friends yet.
Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg"You mean I've been pronouncing it incorrectly the entire night? I feel much the fool. No wonder she's been a bit snippy with me. Thanks for the tip." Corbin whispers back.

OOC: Actually it was an honest mistake from the beginning. I must have misread the OP. However, I've slightly adjusted Corbin's previous interactions and corrected her name in all instances other than when Corbin says it. Makes for an interesting bit.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Across to Corbin...

Fury grins at the cleric but it is friendly and not mocking.

"If she had noticed, you'd still be waiting for your drink next week, or you'd be wearing your drink, or she would've clocked you with an empty mug. None of that's happened that I can tell so I think you are all right. Don't let it worry you. The name is Fury, by the way."

At table with Borric, Breninyr, and others...

Fury's eyes flick down to read the rumpled invitation, his lips moving as he silently sounds out the words. Once finished he hands the note back to Borric and shrugs. His expression reveals indifference.

"That's a pretty big deal. High muckety-mucks from all over gather and celebrate some sap joining the Thirteen."

He looks over at Borric obviously sizing the gold-clad warrior up.

"What've you been up to that you managed to rate one of those invitations?"

The woodsy fellow, named Aradra Fury vaguely recalls, catches his attention with his comment about all the weirdness. Fury looks around but doesn't really notice much out of the ordinary from the times that he has been here which has been entirely too little of late.

[sblock=OOC]airwalkrr, I figured it was a simple mistake so I was trying to correct it without being a jerk about it. You aren't the first to make it and I'm sure won't be the last.

K (local) (1d20+16=31) for invitation info.[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 99 Current: 99
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand:
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Note to self: Have messages delivered by prostitutes. Definitely more colorful than ordinary delivery boys.
[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric1

Across to Corbin...

Fury grins at the cleric but it is friendly and not mocking.

"If she had noticed, you'd still be waiting for your drink next week, or you'd be wearing your drink, or she would've clocked you with an empty mug. None of that's happened that I can tell so I think you are all right. Don't let it worry you. The name is Fury, by the way."
Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg
"Ava gosta and well met, Fury. I am called Corbin. I thank you for your advice and would hope to call you friend. Regarding the wench, perhaps it is just my boyish good looks or my charming demeanor," Corbin chuckles to himself, not quite so humbly.

WindCrystal

First Post
~ At Kaedyn's Table ~

Amien takes sips of the freshly poured mead as Damaris chats so eagerly. It is probably because he doesn't want to be in the middle of a family dispute for lack of ability to properly handle such a rift that he doesn't bring light to the fact that he traveled with Galandra as well.

After being teased about being daring, the lax warrior lowers his mug to say, "It's merely circumstantial. To be frank I prefer not to think of myself as some kind of 'daring'.. something or 'nother. I haven't done anything worthy of such praise yet."

Hearing Kaedyn's incredibly brief story, he feels like there are many gaps that are yet to be filled in. He decides not to dwell on how or why such a change in position happened, he's sure it wasn't good. That and somebody is sure to ask anyway. He instead decides to ask something more closely related to the current matter, using whatever facts he does know to construct his question, "What brings a man of the Order here in the Dunn Wright? Is there something preventing you from using students you've trained to help in your task?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
~At Table with Aradra, Borric, Daylily and Fury~

[section]
Bren looks thoughtful for a moment and then nods to Aradra. "It seems that way to me, but I've not been in the field long so my experience is limited. I've only known Fury for a few weeks now. We met in the Seithr's when I was on my way here from Irthos. I'd been dispatched to look into some complaints by one of the Dwarven settlements, and Fury and a Battle Dancer named Cytheria were investigating a related matter. Turns out it was a demented alchemist who'd been stirring up some serious trouble.

"Fury and I are just back from working with Borric and a fellow named Sylvain to help a farmer get rid of some Giants who'd taken up residence in his barn."

Now that he looks, Aradra notes that the priest is looking a little wide eyed at all the commotion.​
[/section]

AC: 18 (18 Flat-Footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 74/74
CMB: +10 CMD: 27 (+12/29 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +08 Will: +18

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08), Jaunt Boots (03/03), Unity (01/01)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Shield of Faith, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Spiritual Ally, Spiritual Ally
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

~ At Table with Daylily, Bren, Aradra, et all ~

Swash1.jpg

Borric nods, "Yeah, this induction or the Thirteen sounds just stuffy enough to be a snooty experience to those that really care. I have not been in these parts for months, so your guess is as good as mine on why I got the invitation. In fact this smells fishy... and I don't mean the stench of that knocked up whore."

"This felt like a trick someone uses when they need to summon a reluctant person to stand before a magistrate."

He does not miss that the pregnant woman collected her fee from someone that just came in.

"Be wary mates. The hairs on the back of neck are standing up."

He watches the newcomer carefully over the rim of his flagon as he sips his ale.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Mwk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock][sblock=OOC]I assumed auto success on Know Local[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
~ At Kaedyn's Table ~

"You seem less than thrilled by your promotion... is there a problem we can help you with?" Damaris seems intrigued by the paladin and his very short story.

Systole

First Post
Daylily_150.jpg

When the scent of lemons washes over the table, Daylily looks up in confusion. He sniffs twice, and then asks suspiciously, "Who is farting after drinking the perfume water? I knows it is not me, because I only maked that mistake the one time."

He follows Borric's gaze to the tavern entrance. "Is that being the priest who tell you the insult? That is much convenience for you. I will watch your drinks until you get back from punching him."

Remove ads