• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Ah, first, I must tell you I have learned from my contemplations. I learned how to return undead back to dead from our last battle as well as how to cast fireball by dropping an other spell from my memory. I learned how to cast a fire bolt that will travel from one opponent to an other one. I also discovered how to open the mystery of a higher order of spells. It ist goot.

I purchased a memory pearl of the second order and one of the fourth order, an amulet to protect me from physical attacks and the following scrolls: tar pool, sirocco, Mage's forceful hand, legend lore, form of the gold dragon and fly. I tried to find disintegrate, but they did not have it in stock. I have scribed them all into my book.

I still have enough to buy another pearl of memory and I need to drop some equipment that I have not used for a long time, but I figured it best to see what I may need for any new travels to defeat evil."

OOC: I am tempted to buy a spell from the cold descriptor just to have it as a back up ace up my sleeve.

addm: (ooc) form of the dragon requires a scale of the preferred type, in this case gold. How do we purchase a scale of a dragon? How much would such an item cost? Should I address this in the general thread?

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Eanos nods and smiles at Heinrich's list.

"Impressive list of powers," the inquisitor admits. "Hopefully you won't need all of them the next time we're on an outing," he says with a wink.

[sblock=ooc]If a material component doesn't list a price in its description, I believe you can assume it's in your component pouch. I guess dragons leave scales lying around regularly. I'm now imagining there are young children in E'N making a meager wage collecting them and selling them to the folks who make component pouches in the same way some kids collect aluminum cans in states that pay for them.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

OOC: I see no price for the scale.

"Ja, und," He is smiling with excitement, "I know how to cast fire ball around us und not fry any of us!"

[chagrin] I forgot about a level 8 ability [/chagrin]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
"Well, I don't have anything to show for it yet," the redhead begins, "But when I stop by the shop next, they have a mithral armor for me. It promises to be the lightest I've ever worn, but still rather protective. I added a low grade enchantment to make it even more so.

"Other than that, I got a new fighting stick with a darkwood haft. I produce a lot more speed with it than my old glaive, making it more dangerous."
Charity smiles. "That's the idea, anyway."

jkason

First Post
Eanos knocks on his own breastplate and nods at Charity's assertion.

"Mithral's good stuff," he concurs. "I'm a big fan of moving fast and often, and this helps.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien nodded in agreement during the discussion about armor. "Oh aye, the mithral is thin and works well. I had a moderately enchanted shirt myself. However, it was limiting my full agility. I know, I know, hard to believe right. But I have and enchanted belt that really helps my dexterity and I needed a better armor to take full advantage."

She started unbuttoning the her shirt down the middle. "Here check this out."

It appeared that the archeress was going to flash her bare chest to the tap room.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +10 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 30 (23 flat-footed, 20 Touch)
HP: 88 Current: 88
CMB: +11 CMD: 31(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +16 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg/+1d6 Elect), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Improved Snap Shot (15ft), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Seeker Arrow: 1/1 Remaining
Rounds of Haste: 10/10 Remaining
Fly Spell from armor: 1/1 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards, Silent Image)
2nd Level 1/1 (Cure Moderate Wounds, Sound Burst)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Persian-Woman_zps5ae2d16b.jpg

The slender, exotically garbed woman in red silk pantaloons and sheer black cloak left the bar to approach the table with the two women and the remaining red-headed man. Notably she wore a red silk scarf or veil that covered most of her face.

She was hesitant to interrupt the woman unbuttoning her shirt, but she made a slight bow of her head and asked softly, "Your pardon, may I interrupt?"

"Would some of you happen to be adventurers for hire?"

jkason

First Post
Eanos doesn't seem particularly worried about Tyrien's actions, though he does raise an eyebrow as he assesses the newcomer.

"Might be," he says by answer to her question. "Depends on the job and the pay."

Scott DeWar

A little while Heinrich walks in and sees the exotic looking woman at the table he was at earlier.

"Guten tag Fraulein Did I hear you are looking for experienced adventurers? Ja, Eanos und Tyrien haf been to a place or two, seen a thing or two. Fought a thing or two."

He sits at ythe seat he was at earlier.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads