[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

resrick

First Post
latest

Barnibus snaps his fingers at the end of the song and his instrument goes away in a puff. He leisurely walks over to the bar for another drink and listens in on some of the conversations, waiting for his moment to interject with a hearty laugh or quip.

Looking to the now painted man performing once again, a frown crosses his face."Is this what passes for entertainment in these parts? A man making a fool of himself?" He drains another tankard,"I say entertainment should be dancing, singing, and MUSIC!" he exclaims loudly slamming the mug onto the bar top.

[sblock=ministats] Barnibus the Beautiful

AC: 16
HP: 10
CMB: +3 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +2

Perception: +0
Initiative: + 2

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None
Raging Songs: 5/5
Cantrips: Summon Instrument, Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
Lvl 1: (0/2 used) Cure Light Wounds, Moment of Greatness
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Barnibus_the_Beautiful_(Resrick)
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Nein,Skald. Ist not normal. You are normal. I think he is trying to tell a story, I just cannot understand what he is trying to say."

resrick

First Post
latest

"Aiy, a story it may be though I have seen better tales told by a fish than this one." He stares once more at the ludicrous looking man,"but I say to each their own I suppose. I am new to these lands and I'm sure many of my barbaric ways would seem odd to him." He says as he throws back another long drink leaving a slight foamy mustache over his lip.

[sblock=ministats] Barnibus the Beautiful

AC: 16
HP: 10
CMB: +3 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +2

Perception: +0
Initiative: + 2

Used Items: None
Raging Songs: 5/5
Cantrips: Summon Instrument, Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
Lvl 1: (0/2 used) Cure Light Wounds, Moment of Greatness
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Barnibus_the_Beautiful_(Resrick)
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

~ At the table beside Ethane ~

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo nodded, appreciating the sentiment. “I hope you are right. When she left, she had asked that not follow and get on with my life. But I know something is wrong about that as it was not like her…”

“I dunno, maybe it is for the best too.”

The bard was more realistic and did not think his feelings had a part to play in determining the future events fated to take place.

Barlo reached for a frog leg and examined it closely before biting into it skeptically. Surprised, he shrugged as he chewed, “Huh, it tastes like gamey chicken. Who would have thought.”

[sblock=OOC Note]Sorry, a bit of writer’s block on Barlo these past few days and I had other things to do.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ Common Room ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande tried to follow the convoluted logic and make sense of what Larissa was telling her. Her expression probably showed that she was either skeptical or just confused. But questioning the faith and devotion was not in her nature. Though the tenet of freedom of choice explained why a devotee was drinking in a tavern.

“Okay, thank you for sharing.”

“I am curious, is there a difference in the Council’s training and yours of the Order? Or are there two separate branches of service, such as the clergy and the martial?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
~Ethane's Table~
[section]

"By leaving like that, it seems she ran to protect you from something. I cannot be sure what it was, but that is my guess." Ethane takes another bite of a frog leg and decides to switch topics. "Also, in my experience, most meat tastes like chicken. Except fish. Must be the sea water mixed it, but the taste of fish always disgusted me."

"Now, can you answer me a few questions about Venza? Do you know why it is called the City of Glass? I do not know of any famous glass makers in this area."
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]
No problem. Still getting the bearings on Ethane.

Also still trying to figure out what all Aradra needs to buy. 146K is ALOT of money...
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ethane Stats]
Ethane Beray
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 83/83
CMB: +07 CMD: 20
Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +14
Perception: +11
Initiative: +1
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear +14/+09 1d8+2 20/x3
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:

Level 0 Spells( 3 ): Light, Purify Food and Drink, Stabilize
Level 1 Spells(5+1): Shield*, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil
Level 2 Spells(5+1): Barkskin*, Grace, Resist Energy, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
Level 3 Spells(3+1): Protection from Energy*, Invisibility Purge, Magic Vestment, Prayer
Level 4 Spells(2+1): Spell Immunity*, Greater Magic Weapon, Freedom of Movement
Level 5 Spells(1+1): Quickened Shield*, Quickened Divine Favor
* Indicates Domain Spell

Extend Rod: 3/3 per Day
Deflection Aura: 1/1: 20' Aura +2 Deflection AC / CMD. Lasts for 9 rounds
Aura of Protection: 9/9: 30' aura; gain +1 deflection bonus, resistance 5 Fire/Electric/Sonic/Acid/Lightning
Channel: 3/3 5d6 30' burst.
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc:

Hey all, I seem to have lost track of who in who's conversation circle. May I have a sound off of who is what "table group/conversation", for lack of another way to describe it.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa smiles. "I haven't been very clear, have I?" she asks. "The Order of Kamara is headed by a Council, which dispatched me on the mission. The Kamaran Council oversees the Order's activities, including training. But each city in which there are followers of the Saints has its own City Council, made up of representatives from different religious groups following the Saints." She shrugs. "Each city's Council handles local matters, and in cases like Venza's it oversees a shared worship space." She shrugs. "The truth is, there are many different groups who follow the Saints - often different groups will devote themselves to the same one, or a group of followers might hold several Saints in special regard. Rornian families tend to associate with one of these groups, but some simply independently follow their own devotions."

She shrugs. "Does that help? i realize it's quite different than the hierarchy of Helerion."

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +10 Reflex: +3 Will: +9 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +13/+8 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength * Dispel Magic
* Read Magic *Divine Favor l * Grace * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Silence
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 17 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ At the bar with Larissa ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande nodded, “Ahh, yes, that does clear up the confusion. It is different that only serving one divine spirit or deity.”

“So is it common among those of Rion to only follow the Saints? I have not been to those lands yet to know if there are many paying homage to Helerion.”

The paladin was only curious and it was obvious in her tone. She was no zealous cleric trying to convert the masses or treat those worshiping other gods as heretics.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

~ At the table beside Ethane ~

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo nodded ruefully, “Mayhap you are right about Heleen. But still I will look for her.”

The bard was not a huge fan of fish either, but it was not because the meat tasted seaweed or bad. It was because most fishmongers smelled and he was reminded of the stench whenever he ate fish.

Of course, mutton, beef, or pork did not taste like chicken either, but Barlo decided to leave off returning the conversation to be about food.

“Of there are plenty of glass blowers in the city. I think you just have not visited the right part of town. They specialize in coloring it in all shades of the rainbow even. And the quality is very high, so I am told.”

“I even have heard some compare their glass products to those of crystal.”

[sblock=OOC Note]I labeled where my characters are at, SdW. Far as I know Heinrich is at neither location but talking with Trixie at another table or something.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

Remove ads