• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Franco gives a start as the lady speaks. "May I ask what that is you're drinking? It smells delicious."

Stupid, stupid, stupid! You've not even introduced yourself yet. Gods, what a mess you're making of this!

He blushes furiously as he takes the proffered seat. "I'm Franco, Franco Atiradore."

DrJest

First Post
After dropping off zee Crab Eggs, Korey looks around to his newest companions. "Mortar, Yo, Elessar, Fester. I suppose I should be buying you a around. What're ya drinkin'?"

"Barkeep, only the best ale for me new pal Mortar. Bring us a couple o' steins of yer top shelf lager!'

"Mortar, it isn't often I see a survivor of a shot to the face like that! Yer a credit to our race!"

Korey buys a round for the Egg grabbers and enjoys some time with them.
"Well I be off to the Mystic Pearl. I got a mind for a new axe!"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

Ariel arrived in Venza City a few days ago, leaving the cloistered temple to inquire about opportunities to bring law and justice to the land. No longer able to continue idly training, the fervor of her desires has driven her to seek opportunities in the city of glass to quest for noble reasons. There are many evil doers, man and beast alike, that need defeating and she intends to prove herself to the Goddess Helena being a shining example to Her glory.

The Aasimar girl opens the door to the Dunn Wright Inn, thinking, What an auspicious name. Wonder if mister Wright is happy with this rowdy establishment.

Letting the door close behind her, she carries her heavily laden ruck sack with her martial weapons poking out on her back, hunched slightly forward to bear the weight. Her favored scimitar is around her belt and she is wearing the clerical vestments of the Temple of Helena, cream colored with silvery embroidery on the hems. Her wooden symbol hanging on a leather cord around her neck. Not much taller than a dwarf, but much less stocky, Ariel stands at only 4' 9" and 111 pounds, her bulging pack is almost as big as she is.

With as much grace as possible, which is rather difficult encumbered as she is, Ariel slowly makes her way towards the bar, finding an open spot where a black haired young man [Franco] about her age just moved away to start talking to a young woman [Elenka] that appears to be a bit older. There is an exotic aroma in the air that smells delightful.

Ordering some hot tea, she sets her ruck sack on the floor nearby and looks around for a place to sit. The woman talking to the boy her age appears to be friendly and not the sort to be carousing and starting brawls, so she hefts her pack again trying to keep the mug of tea from spilling and slowly moves closer.

"May Her blessings be upon you this day. May I sit and join you?"

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Franco looks up as the blond girl approaches, hardly able to believe his luck. Good luck? Bad luck? He feels his tongue thicken in his mouth even as his thoughts begin to race; plainly the two are acting in conspiracy to trip him up.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Ariel blinks at the young man, the sparse stubble on his chin being something that catches her attention. The temple doesn't practice celibacy, but they also don't let their teenage girls lose their virginity while residing inside their walls either. She is not sure what else to say to the teenage boy, not being experienced in the rituals of courtship or casual flirting and she only regards his silence with a shy smile.

Since Ariel doesn't appear to be interrupting a conversation, she turns to the seated woman as she sets her ruck down next to the chair. The other woman is beautiful and almost as petite as herself, but dressed much more fashionably. She sits down, not expecting the boy to pull her chair out of anything.

"I am Ariel Esimae, Acolyte of Helena, Goddess of Justice and Fire, the Protector of children."

Ariel Esimae

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka, Human female Summoner

Introduction interrupted by the arrival of the girl, Elenka nods politely and carefully slides over to provide more room for her and her array of weaponry on her side of the table. "You are welcome. I am Elenka Danyllova." She motions with her cup to the young man. "This is Franco, ah... Atiradore, you said?" She nods to herself certain that she managed the name without mangling it too badly.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Ariel smiles at the greeting, "Thank you." She moves the unwieldy ruck sack off to the side and it jingles and clinks as the petite woman jockeys it around. Elenka can see a heavy steel shield slung off it and a few javelins sticking out, but the clinking is most likely from some armor bundled inside.

Without the ruck sack in view, the Aasimar cleric appears to be presentable for duties in the temple with her vestments and only her favored weapon on her belt if one were to look under the table. She brushes some strands of her blond hair away from her face, tucking them behind her ear as she sips some of her hot tea.

"Hello Franco, may Her justice guide your arrows."

Unsure if the boy will stammer a response or not with a were-cat holding his tongue, she asks Elenka, "What is that aroma? It smells nice and appears to be from your drink."

<<Assumed Franco's armed with his bow and arrows.>>

Ariel Esimae

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Franco manages (just) to stammer out a reply . . . "A pleasure to meet you, um, Ariel . . ." He half rises, belatedly remembering his nobleman's manners, then opts to scoot his chair aside a little instead of rising fully, self-consciously moving his sabres to avoid tripping the young girl up as she seats herself.

OOC: Yep, bow/arrows and two sabres are evident.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads