[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The creak of the door can barely be heard over the din in the Dunn Wright as it opens to admit a slight, nut-brown figure. A shock of dark orange hair tops a smiling face; tawny gold eyes survey the room until they light on the wizard speaking in the accents of old Landadel.

"Heinrich! Just the fellow I was hoping to find!" He strides over to the table, only seeming to notice Heinrich's companion as he gets closer. "Oh, pardon . . . Heinrich is an old friend, and I have a tendency to, um, over-focus. I'm Pari."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Gutan tag Pari Mein frend!"

He raises his half empty (or is it half full?) glass of milk and salutes him "Prost! Vhat ist new vith you, eh"

Satin Knights

First Post
A mermaid that has been relaxing alone, in a lounging chair seemingly built for her, calls out across the room as the lone woman wanders by. "Hair of Sunset, please, come, there is an open seat here. Several really." The table is empty, except for the mermaid. In the center, a couple bowls and plates of various fruits and cheeses, and a well used wine glass. A fine longspear and speargun hang from the back of her chair. Dressed in white silk and grey leather, her clothes and jewelry are of the fine quality a prosperous merchant would wear.

"There have been many in and out of here, but all seemed to be rushing, looking for a fight. None looked as though they wanted to relax. At least most were respectful and haven't gawked and stared for more than a minute or two." she says with a smile.

"Come relax, have some wine."
Arianna_headshot.png

.........Arianna

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Gutan tag Pari Mein frend!"

He raises his half empty (or is it half full?) glass of milk and salutes him "Prost! Vhat ist new vith you, eh"

"I'm looking for a little help with a situation that's come up. Is Fury around? Or Garnet, perhaps? I've been out of touch for awhile; I don't really know who's about and available.

If neither of them is available, do you know of others who are handy in a tight spot and might have time to talk over my troubles with me?"

He looks around the room again, sizing up the occupants.

[sblock=OOC]Not sure who Heinrich knows in the party for which this adventure is intended, but as Heinrich is the only one Pari knows he'll have to do as the point of contact. However, while he's not being overly loud Pari's not pitching his voice for Heinrich's ears alone. Anyone within a few tables distance would be able to overhear.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka Danyllova, Summoner

The young woman smiles in genuine pleasure at the greeting from the refined merfolk woman and joins her at her table though not without a curious glance towards the gnome proclaiming his troubles. She shakes it off, she's just returned to Venza after months on the road and is ready for some leisure.

"Relaxation and wine are exactly what I'm looking for though, as you say, most come through here looking for the opportunity to find work."

She offers the merfolk woman wine from her newly opened bottle. It isn't a Semerly but a well-aged vintage nearly as good: Malukian Estates. After pouring for the merfolk woman she fills her own glass.

"My name is Elenka. I don't believe we have met before, have we?"

• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •

Satin Knights

First Post
"I have seen you walk by before on occasion, but I don't think we spoke then. I was on my way out to do some work at the time probably. I am Arianna, servant of Tanager and Destroyer of ... of ... well nasty things. When I have my legs, I like a good brawl. Well Teq Oola is more than my legs, he's my partner."

Tasting the wine, "Interesting. Tasty. A new wine I will have to remember to indulge in again. So many things above the water line are interesting and new for me. But so far, fruit, fruit is the best I have found."

"So, the gnome there; he was using names? I met one once who wouldn't. I worked well for him, but his name was one of the secrets he would never give up. I wasn't sure if it was common among the little ones."
Arianna_headshot.png

.........Arianna
[sblock=ooc]Arianna and Heinrich have worked together before.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
The door opened, and in walked a elf dressed in a simple green robe, who seems to be having a conversation with...someone. He heads over to a side table, and waits to be served. He shakes his head and continues with,

"I don't think you get it. I'm saying the monster will not come back, since we killed the men who summoned it."

The oddest part about this exchange, is that some thing answered the elf back.

"But you didn't kill it. It simply dissolved. You telling me that is what was supposed to happen? I was looking forward to having Mrs. Paladin, Mr. Meany, Kitty, and Grumpy to stabbing it. But it simply fell apart. Whats the deal with that?!"

"Well, I have to admit it was a little off putting..."

"See?! How do we know its dead? For all we know, its crawling around underneath you, waiting to attack again!"

"I doubt that. If a creature is summoned by someone, and that someone dies, obviously the creature goes back to its home plane right? Clearly thats what happened here."

"I think you're over rationalizing it."

"I think you're underestimating my breath of experience. I do specialize in conjuring things out of nothing after all..."

Maria, clearly looking confused at the elf who seems to be arguing with some one invisible, comes over and asks "Um...how many drinks do you want dear?"

The elf looks up at her in confusion, before saying "One is fine for now."

The waitress nods, still confused. A voice echos out of no where "She thinks you're crazy." The elf sighs and shakes his head.

[sblock=OCC]
Anaerion doesn't know anyone in the group, but he will be interested. And totally not crazy...
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The fellow walking in and talking to . . . himself? . . . immediately attracts the little Gnome's attention, and he watches the conversation with interest. After a moment he recalls that he's conversing with his old friend and snaps back to that.

"Sorry, Heinrich. I'm a little distractable lately. That fellow looks to be a likely candidate; do you know him?"

He drops his voice to a more private level, but is plainly not used to keeping his thoughts to himself - he gestures fairly broadly as he speaks and his head whips about to look, so it's plain to anyone watching exactly who he's talking about.

"What about the ladies at the bar. The little one doesn't really look like much, though there's something to be said for being underestimated and if she can swing that blade at her hip she's stronger than she appears. And the mermaid . . . if she's looking for work with the dry-folk she's likely got enough juice to keep up on land."

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim peers deeply into the eyes of the dwarf. She quickly moves the various cups, plates and assorted items that have been collected by the newly arrived individuals to the edge of the table. Once again, she smooths the deep purple table cloth and picks up the candle stick, moving it closer to her for better light.

“Please sit here, good Dwarf.” She motions to a seat closer to her. “This is not the typical setting for a reading. It is a bit too loud for such a personal question. Please lean closely to me, as I do not plan to yell.”

[sblock=If you want to hear the reading, you will have to move closer.]

She lowers her head and closes her eyes meditatively. “I suspect you are in fine accordance with your god, as you are still in this plane. But, let us see what the cards have to say.” She shuffles the cards thrice and then begins to lay them on the table.

The first card she places in between Tirgas and herself. It faces toward Dame Morrogrim.

[sblock=1st Card]r49 (1).jpg[/sblock]

“This is your attitude you are assuming. The card is the Regina di Dischi. You are walking with your feet to the ground, close to the earth. Providing assistance where you can and appreciating all in this existence.”

She pulls a second card from the deck and sets it to the right of the first. It faces towards Tirgas.

[sblock=2nd Card]r19.jpg[/sblock]

“This is Lentulo or the Moon, it represents your thoughts and feelings that underly your attitude. You have become calm and meditative, which has helped you overcome many obstacles, temptations or minor setbacks. You feel this may be the dawning of a new day; perhaps even experiencing increased psychic abilities?” She glances up from the cards to look at Tirgas for a brief second.

The third card is placed at the top of the center card, closest to Tirgas. It faces toward Dame Morrogrim.

[sblock=3rd Card]r43.jpg[/sblock]

“This tells us how your attitude is evolving. This is the 7 Dishci card. You are taking a pause; a moment to assess the progress of your situation. This is the time to evaluate your future options.”

She draws the fourth card and places it to the left of the center. It is reversed and faces Tirgas. Dame Morrogrim pauses while tapping the card with her finger.

[sblock=4th Card]r53.jpg[/sblock]

“This card tells us how others, or in this case, your god, perceives your attitude. It is 3 Spade.” She looks up to meet Tirgas gaze as she speaks. “It speaks of something not right with your relationship with your god. A painful truth needs to be brought out in the open. You need to not be brought down by negativity, but understand that this revelation needs to happen for all to move forward positively.”

Dame Morrogrim pauses, letting her words set in, and then returned to the deck and removed the last card. She places it at the bottom of the spread, closest to herself. It faces toward Dame Morrogrim.

[sblock=5th Card]r28.jpg[/sblock]

“This card represents the personal obstacle that is preventing you to achieve what you desire. This card is the 6 Anfore.” A slight smile forms in the corner of her mouth. She looks back up at Tirgas. “You must go out and enjoy life, innocently, as a child. You are too focused on your desire to please, you are unable to understand what you want to achieve. The answer is out there, it is what you left behind. Go out and find that old friend, playfully embrace life and love, breath in the natural forces and the path to your god will be open.”

She pauses, allowing Tirgas to study the finished spread. After a few moments, she slowly picks up the cards individually, in reverse order and returns them to the deck.

[/sblock]

“I hope that my reading gives you some insight on your situation, good Dwarf.”

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ellamin takes in his fellow gnome and his conversation for a few minutes before speaking. "I have been known to be of some use in the field, and my schedule is getting light enough it's almost getting boring. I would be willing to provide my services your aid provided that the task ends up being something I can aid you with."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases