[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
A look of certain amusement spreads over Charity's face as Robert tells the story. "You still upset over the 999 gold retort? Hehhh…" Becoming a bit more serious, she explains, "Grandmaster Torch was his name, and he lived up to his name in that he was horribly burned to the point of obviously being in a constant state of pain. I give him a little leeway for that. However, all things said, it wasn't so much that he was or wasn't a jerk. No, the issue was he was tremendously dangerous and he had information we needed, so we had to deal with him.

"The takeaway from this,"
the Cortesian guard continues, addressing Iago in particular, "is not that there is adventure in the sewers. But rather, there is an information broker. But, I'd only consult him as a last resort."

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Sound advice, I am sure," the half orc offers, seeming not sure what else to say.

"Tell me," he says, changing the subject. "When I was in Venza last, there were rumors of demons in the streets. More than usual," he adds. "Has anything new come to pass?"

Lindeloef

First Post
"Only encountered ghosts from the past trying to poison the towns food supplies. No demons. And I haven't heard anyone complaining about it." Robert replies "How long has it been since you were here the last time?"

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
"Demons in the streets?" Charity asks, showing a bit of surprise. "I rather thought the rumor was just, well, a rumor. Some of the other guards talked about it a bit, but nobody ever saw anything. However," she touches her chin as if to think, "I do remember one night the inn was absolutely packed with wall to wall experienced folk. Most notable was this loud dark haired warrior type and some smelly elf who had a fancy new shapeshifting weapon.

"In any case, all these seasoned adventurer types were all hanging out together when a pregnant prostitute shows up and gives the warrior a message. She really laid it on thick, too, acting like her baby was his." The red haired Venzan chuckles under her breath as she recounts the night. "Anyway, after that more people come with messages for the rest of them. Apparently they are all invited to some sort of formal event for someone of importance… whom… I cannot remember." Charity sighs, apparently disappointed. "The point is… if there ever was one… they all disappeared shortly thereafter. And they'd be the first ones I'd ask about demons."

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, Human Male
The Cityside Door opens as a young man steps through. His grip on the polearm tightens slightly as he hefts and repositions his backpack. He pauses just inside the door, and his eyes survey the area from beneath his furrowed brows. The scan is slow, deliberate, with a slight pause at the mark of the red hand at one of the middle tables.

In time, he nods to himself, and steps up to the bar. Setting his weapon and gear down next to him, he calls for some ale and a word with the bartender.

"Good ser, I hear this is where one comes when one has need of work."

Aura

Explorer
Grog the Bartender
"Good sir, heh," the big man behind the bar comments to the newcomer, eyeing him up from a distance. "Ain't herd dat in a while, tank ya. Wat willya be havin'?" Stepping from the relative shadow that seems to conceal significant portions of the area behind the bar, the bartender's orcish heritage become apparent. He watches as Wilmorn picks out a table.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Oh, the stories about demons were floating around," said Iago, waving a hand. "But I met some of the adventurers who claimed to have faced one of them. Adventurers like to...embellish their tales a bit. But most would not claim to have seen a demon in Venza without at least have seeing something. Imaginary monsters are more likely found in their natural habitats, on distant shores," he adds. He takes another sip. "Anyway, it is nice to hear the stories have fallen by the wayside."

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, Human Male

"Ale, and what do you have for food?" The man scratches at the scraggly beginnings of a beard before pulling out a silver. He holds it a little too long before dropping it on the table. "Will this be enough for a bit of both?"

His head turns at the sound of conversation, and his eyes move from the speaker to the bartender in an obvious effort to make a connection. With a forced laugh, he adds in a too nervous tone, "Hope it not be costing much more than this, or I may have to ask for a spot in the stables to bed down for the night."

Aura

Explorer
Grog the Bartender
"Grog tell youse wat," begins the big man, looking across the room suspiciously, then coming around the bar to meet Wilmorn at his table. "Fud, ale, and place to stay fer night, all fer a silva." A big, meaty hand sweeps the lone coin off the table and he big half orc presents it to the young patron. Peering at Wilmorn, Grog speaks in a low tone, "All you do is eat it, say if it good or no. Deal?"

[sblock=spending]You don't have to actually spend your coin. Even out in the field, you have a certain amount you can spend on food and lodging without actually digging into your pockets, and here in the DWI, as noted by Scott DeWar, it's basically free as long as you're not outrageous.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Charity nods in agreement with Iago as Grog's tirade catches her eyes. "From imaginary demons to very real rats… figures… port town…" Her words trail off. Speaking in a low tone (even for an a woman with an alto voice), she speaks for just Robert and Iago to hear, "What's Grog up to? I've not seen him like this."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases