[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
Grog the Bartender
Leaning in and listening to Wilmorn's question intently, Grog nods in agreement, "Ya, I think so. He be looking', you be looking," he points out into the bar, identifying other patrons, "Her… and him… dey be comin' outta da woodwork now, I say!" He pats the ranger on the shoulder, "I get ya dat drink." With that, he turns to refill the mug and by the time he comes back, much has happened. Seeing the latest addition to the Inn's clientele, he drops the drink off with him and moves on to service her request.

"Whiskey?" he questions the bespeckled tiefling. "Rotgut if I ere did say, but no worse dan lotta others. Be rite dere." The newcomer's drink comes out of a bottle rather than a barrel; amber liquid flowing into a small glass. Carefully walking it out to her, his big, meaty hands gingerly serve up the small glass.

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png
Erin accepts the small glass from Grog, and downs it immediately. "Ha, Rotgut is right. Keep 'em coming though. It's been a long trip." Her tail curls around the stool she is sitting on, the brass rings clattering gently against the wood.

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

Wilmorn thanks the hosting half-orc for the mug, and manages just enough courage to follow him toward the tiefling. "Er, ahem, I can't help but overhear that you're looking for work as well. Um...mind if I join you for a bit while we wait?" He takes a look over to the quiet man, but the aura of danger about him quickly turns Wilmorn's attention away and back toward the tiefling.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]This would be a pretty fun/badass crew: warrior slave dude, plucky ranger guy, demon girl magus, and the mysterious shaman if she comes through.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Siddhartha's focus returns to his cup of water. They take water for granted here. Water is a privilege. He takes a refreshing swig, and his mood lightens for a moment.

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese

Turning slightly to her side, whiskey in hand Erin adjusts her spectacles in slight surprise. "Hmm, I'm surprised you'd want to speak to me. Most people don't trust tieflings. I'm Erin, Erin Vaneese a spellblade for hire. And you are?"

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

The poor young ranger cringes involuntarily at the voice. Taking a moment to compose himself, Wilmorn makes a mental note to find out more about tieflings from Master Martin when they meet up again. "Name's Wilmorn, ser." Realizing the polite address may not be appropriate here, but at a loss for an appropriate alternative, Wilmorn fumbles on bravely with the introduction. "That is, Wilmorn of Oakhaven. I've been brought up as a guide. Mostly for travelers between towns, but we've taken some odd jobs in between too. I'm trying my luck here for a bit of work myself."

"So, what does a spellblade do, exactly?" Wilmorn puts his best smile forward. "I mean, what type of work are you hoping to find here?" Before the tiefling can respond, Wilmorn jumps out of his chair. "Ah, excuse me a moment." He hurriedly heads back to his old seat, grabs his gear and brings it over closer to his new spot before reseating himself. "Sorry about that."

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese

Erin smiles pleasantly at Wilmorn during his introduction, revealing white teeth with short fangs. Despite her best effort at looking friendly, she still manages to look off putting. "Well Wilmorn, glad to meet you." She smoothed her worn robe, and patted the sword hanging on her hip. "I specialize in sneaking up on people, and combining magic and bladework. Of course I do enjoy using my magic for more practical purposes occasionally."

With that, she raised her right hand from where her claws had dug a little furrow into the bar and chanted for a second. "Like that, cold drinks anytime. Practical uses when you cook a lot" she laughed. "I'm looking to do anything at all. I've lived as a slave my entire life. Time to earn myself a fortune so I'm independent forever. What about you?"

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
The sleeve of her red-trimmed tunic, embroidered with religious symbology, slides across the table as she places a drink in front of Erin and Wilmorn, one small glass and one large mug, respectively. "Grog was going to bring these, I offered to help," the woman explains, with hair matching the trim of her tunic. Lowering her voice and tilting her head for the benefit of Wilmorn, she adds, "Grog said take it easy this time." With that, she gives a wink to the outdoorsman. After the short mirth, she suddenly explains, "Oh, and I am Charity, pleased to meet both of you, of course."

Remove ads