[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Picking up on Qalabash's wink towards her, the dark-haired elven-blooded woman nods, smiling knowingly. Her hair, while perhaps clean, is far from neat and moves in an unruly way as her head bobs, coming back to rest on her shoulders.

Investigating the spider monkey while her would be employer goes through details, Tamarie extends an index finger and sets it in the creature's hand. Barely more than a whisper, she muses, "And where are you from, little one? Hmmm...."

Turning her head to the owner of the Sea Sprite, she recounts his words her own way, "Go to the Sea Sprite, kick off invading creatures, be discreet and keep her floating, get paid? Yes, that sounds alright." While her appearance might be flawed with a wide nose, freckles and unsightly growths of hair, Tamarie's normal speaking voice, set evenly between soprano and alto, is clear, unwavering, and smooth.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash strokes his goatee as he thinks.

"Sir, I am unfamiliar with underwriters and other arcane secrets of the insurance trade but this secrecy business... I would hate to become involved in some nefarious pirating action. I have been nearly hornswoggled into criminal activity against my will once before." He frowns and peers keenly at the chubby man trying to discern the truth of the situation.

"Tell me true, are you the owner, captain, or agent of the Sea Sprite?"
[/section]

Sense Motive: [roll0]
[sblock=OOC]Leaving an out for Q to reject the job if his place is needed by a new player.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
~ In a Private Room ~

"Hunh, I guess that makes me one of the happiest hard workers in The Glass Cathedral, then," Charity muses. "Plus I add in the side jobs, where I serve as warrior and lay-healer, which is kinda a new thing for me, but still... it gets pretty complex overall. Mostly, I just take it on a day-to-day basis and hope for the best. Some day, I'll be allowed a sword. But for now, I just do the hard work and learn to fight support-style."
The noise from the main room creeps in, distracting the Cortesian for a moment. "Things are starting to pick up a bit," she comments, apparently to nobody in particular.

[sblock=The Word of the Day]Hornswaggled, as spoken by Qalabash. I haven't heard that one in a while. :)[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

The door of the Dunn Wright Inn creaks slightly as a man of average height quietly makes his way in. Clad in a black cloak, his face is hard to see in the shadows of his hood; what little of his face can be seen is pleasant enough, if somewhat severe. As he walks towards the bar the swaying of his cloak reveals the black-stained leather armor concealed beneath it. Strangely enough, he seems to be unarmed. "An ice water, please." His silvery voice does not seem to match his forbidding appearance; his Venzan, while flawless, has the trace of an Inner Sea accent. He receives his ice water from the barkeeper and attempts to discreetly lose himself in the inn's crowd.

rsz_the-hooded-man.jpg
Arradon Delgaran

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra Longstrider

~ In a private room ~
[section]

Aradra nods to Charity, then reaches for his drink before remembering that it was empty. "So does a good whiskey. And since I finished my ale, I feel I need another one. If you excuse me, I need a refill. Shadow Stay."

Shadow looked up in Aradra's direction as he stood up, but as soon as he heard his master's command Shadow immediately looked back at Melisande, hoping she would resume the scratching behind his ears.

~ Out in the common area~

Out of the side room, a man in a green traveling clothes exists. He takes a look around at all the new faces, and smiles, clearly enjoying the sight of the once crowded common area. His eyes fall on the strange painted man, at the other group huddled around a clearly exasperated fat man, and the few people still enjoying there drinks by the bar. The man moves over to where the white cloaked woman, and the red-haired man were sharing a drink. He leans on the bar to try and catch the bartender's eye. "Grog, another Rornish whiskey please." He turns and nods towards the pair, but the man's eyes narrow at the woman's great sword. In particular, he seems to be staring at the hilt of the great sword, where a stylized sword stuck in the side of a mountain appears as the pommel of the blade.​

[/section]

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Waiting to post further until DT's recruiter speaks. At this point there have been a lot of voices in his ear and agreement to head to another space.

Aelspeth transcribres Protection from Evil.
DC 15 + (1 spell level) = [16]
Take 10 on Spellcraft: 10 + (8 spellcraft) = [18][/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Private Booth for the Sea Sprite adventure

The man takes Qalabash, Tamarie, Francis John, Aelspeth, Leira Olren into a private booth. He then leans forward over his waiting drinks, and tries to look conspiratorial, "My name is Shem Glouster and I'm a businessman by sea trade. So, I'm not sure how this goes, but I've gotten a nice bit of fire to warm the belly now and I'll give ye the picture as I knows it. So, I've got myself a nice little cutter called the Sea Sprite, run by a crew that is solid when it comes to handling themselves on the seas, but none too courageous when some rabid sea beasts come out into on opening their gullets. Anyways, they were coming back from a trade expedition and were waiting outside the harbor for a bit of a rest before they came on in. Night had fallen and my men were looking to pull anchor and head on into the harbor, when they were assaulted by some disgusting sea woman and a pack of sahuagins obeying her orders. Ol' Lefty took a trident to the gut right off and fell into the water, and after some more lopsided bloodying my men decided to scoot while they still could. Now, I need some folks to get back on that ship and clear it of those creatures before they wreck my pretty Sea Sprite. I'm willing to pay a bit over 3,000 gold coins for the deed, plus whatever you find on those you have to cut through. I wish I could offer more, but this set back is threatening my business as it is." As he awaits your answer he tips back his third shot, while his cheeks glow redder from the alcohol and the night's events.

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
At the sound of a Rornish whiskey being ordered, Larissa turns and notices a green-clad stranger eyeing the sword across her back. She nods courteously.

"Well met, stranger," she offers. "You are of Rorn?"

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +10 Reflex: +3 Will: +9 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +13/+8 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength * Dispel Magic
* Read Magic *Divine Favor l * Grace * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Silence
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 17 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Private Booth for the Sea Sprite Adventure

Tamarie the Songweaver
Pushing a lock of hair away from her eyes, Tamarie takes the opportunity to speak, "I don't know how hiring is typically done, but the idea seems clear. However, some things need be asked. First, were is the Sea Sprite, now? And second, how do we get on board?" Speaking extensively for the first time, it becomes apparent that the woman's language carries some odd variation of the Northern Isle which is hard to place.

The previously brushed away lock falls back into the eyes of the odd mixed heritage woman, punctuating her questions as she looks to Mr Glouster expectantly.

jackslate45

First Post
~ Out in the common area~
The man looks from the woman's sword and nods. "I am. Aradra Longstrider at your service." Grog swings by and delivers Aradra's drink, which Aradra pays for before turning back to the woman and her companion. "Are you also from Rorn? It has been some time since I have seen someone from my home country."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases