Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Atanatotatos

First Post
Haradai considers the idea of the game for a moment, then looks at Mr Bricks closely and answers: I'll pass. I don't know why, sir, but I have the distinct feeling you'd win blindfolded...

rumleech

Explorer
"Excellent, these rules ok for you?"

[sblock=Darts Rules]
Impromptu Darts Rules

1. Darts Count as Light Thrown Weapon Category.
2. Any special abilities, powers, class feats etc. etc. are allowed. (We are, after all, naughty and dangerous adventurers.)
3. Each turn we take three ranged attacks at the dart board. DC is the number we are trying to hit.
4. A crit means you've hit the number you were aiming for and you don't have to worry about the other results for that turn.
5. Your last throw must be a crit.
6. A game is from 301 to 501 and the first to 0 is the winner.
7. Let's not get too hung up about this, it's only to pass the time until the adventure starts.
7a. Minotaurs are allowed to walk up the board and ram their darts in by hand - I mean seriously, have you seen those guys?

If these rules are gibberish or you don't like them - let me know and we'll work on it.
[/sblock]

"Flip a coin to start? Call "

[sblock=Coin Toss]
Coin toss is a 1d2, 1's=heads; 2's=tails
[/sblock]

rumleech

Explorer
OOC Something just occurs to me, not everyone plays darts the same. I'm envisaging a game of what we'd call in the UK Traditional Pub Darts. The board goes fro 1 to 20 with doubles and trebles and a bullseye (worth 50 points) we each start with a score of 301 or 501 depending how long we want to play the game for and the point is to be the first to reduce that score to 0 by throwing darts at the board in rounds of three and subtracting the total you score with the darts from your total points. If you have to spend all afternoon checking out the rules on Wikipedia then we're probably investing too much in this and need to work out a simpler game. I can bde so damn parochial at times. :hmm:

Rathan

First Post
Tails my friend.... I call tails Patronis utters softly as if he really doesn't care who goes first it was just something the pass the time.. not to mention for a skilled blaster..... his manual dexterity was rather callus.....

1d2=1

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Patronis steps up to the lined with less than a fair share of confidence in his throwing ability and hurls the darts at the board.... two of his shots are well off the mark barely able to stay on the board in fact as he sighs soft.... tell me again what I agreed to play this game of accuracy again?" he asks semi under his breath... 280 for me it seems the warlock adds with a bit of disdain in his tone....

1d20+1=2, 1d20+1=2, 1d20+1=19

Rathan

First Post
[sblock=ooc]took me abouuuttt... a little less than 2 weeks to get approved... but I had to bug them alot with emails... which I felt bad for heh[/sblock]

Patronis sighed softly knowing this was going to end in defeat for him if he didn't turn his aim around and quickly at that...... the next of his three shots seemed a MUCH better improvement over his first ones.. hmmm... much better... 239 for me...

1d20+1=17, 1d20+1=11, 1d20+1=13

Rathan

First Post
Patronis sighs softly as he sees defeat close at hand and decides to give fate a hand in the outcome of the game he closes his eyes and hurls a succession of three more darts at the board then peeks an eye open to see how he did.....

1d20+1=21, 1d20+1=17, 1d20+1=21

soo uuhh.. you said those Treble 20's are worth 180 then?... that mean I just got two of them? the warlock asks as he can't even believe his own luck....

[sblock=ooc]ok.. can't beleive I just rolled two 20's on one set of three LOL... so can your chara add those up for mine cause I'm still not sure what you mean by a treble 20? I'd assume it's the little area in which it's triple 20 points... I'm kinda lost as I've never payed dart but just for fun really heh[/sblock]

Remove ads