[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

drothgery

First Post
Tana, gnome female swordmage 4

"Y'know, Brews expects people to introduce themselves when they come in here." Tana says to the newcomer at the bar. He looked like he needed cheering up.

"Can you get this fellow a McGuffin? He looks like he needs it." She tells the warforged bartender, who returns with Shard's signature drink a few seconds later.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Lucien Lightstep, Halfling Thief 4

The gnome speaks to Lucien, but he barely has the strength to lift his head up from the table. To the others in the tavern it appears that he may have fallen asleep, but he quickly jerks his head in the gnome's direction. What follows, he says without making a sound, the words simply appear in the minds of everyone in the tavern.

Perhaps... I already have.

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=bookkeeping]Sorry everyone, but Unit 16 is taking a break for a while. I hope Antithetist doesn't mind but I'm going to speak a little for him as well, since he is also on hiatus. Don't worry, I don't think anyone is retiring - just a bit tired. :) And there's no sense waiting in line when other folks have fresh characters, ready to go![/sblock]
After a few good laughs and spending some time with his friends, Unit 16 rises from the table. Jarren slowly gets up soon after, shaking some of the cold from his fur. With a nod to Brews - who gives a knowing smile - Unit 16 and Jarren head for the door, intent on finding adventure in another location. Just outside, they look back with a smile and wait for Pis - who will no doubt be making a exit worthy of one so bold.

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=bookkeeping]Sorry everyone, but Unit 16 is taking a break for a while. I hope Antithetist doesn't mind but I'm going to speak a little for him as well, since he is also on hiatus. Don't worry, I don't think anyone is retiring - just a bit tired. :) And there's no sense waiting in line when other folks have fresh characters, ready to go![/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]We'll be awaiting your return. I just hope there's enough active players to get something started soon. I'm anxious to get playing.[/sblock]

Farce

First Post
The gnome speaks to Lucien, but he barely has the strength to lift his head up from the table. To the others in the tavern it appears that he may have fallen asleep, but he quickly jerks his head in the gnome's direction. What follows, he says without making a sound, the words simply appear in the minds of everyone in the tavern.

Perhaps... I already have.

"What the...? You ain't no kalasther, how you doing that?" The half-orc says loudly

[sblock=ooc]
Seriously? I'm curious, are you a thief or a psychic? [/sblock]

After a few good laughs and spending some time with his friends, Unit 16 rises from the table. Jarren slowly gets up soon after, shaking some of the cold from his fur. With a nod to Brews - who gives a knowing smile - Unit 16 and Jarren head for the door, intent on finding adventure in another location. Just outside, they look back with a smile and wait for Pis - who will no doubt be making a exit worthy of one so bold.

[sblock=evilbob]
Sorry to hear that. Good luck [/sblock]

The half-orc looks on with disappointment as the others leave.

He looks at the four (five?) others still there, gesturing for everyone to come together at one table. "We mightaswell all grab a drink together, ain't too many of us in here. Ok, so halfling, I'm Malik. " the warrior says . Malik gestures for a round of drinks from Brews.

[sblock=ooc]
So I see:

Lucien - level 4 thief - striker
Tana - level 4 swordmage - defender
Malik - level 6 ranger - striker
Varis- level 5 bard - leader
Christina - level ? druid? - controller.

And maybe Pis?

Seems like an awesome party... [/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
The halfling looks at the half-orc, noting his confusion.

"Have a seat and I'll tell you my tale. I just hope yer not the kind prone to nightmares."

Lucien continue to weave his tale as he does so he fills your mind not with words, but with still images that depict the scenes that he describes to you.

"For the recent past. I don't know, three, four, maybe five years, I've been a slave. My captors were a pod of illithid, the mind flayers. We worked in their mines, hot subterranean caverns, for hours and hours each day, there was no days of rest, no holidays, no time for sickness. Only to work or die. When we didn't work, we were their playthings. They enjoyed torturing us, making us the subjects of their perverse experiments. Too many to count cracked, died, or were devoured in front of me. But I wasn't going down that way."

As Lucien relates his tale, he is now visibly rocking back and forth in his seat.

"So I planned my escape, for months innumerable, I planned. I started a riot in the mines. The overseers came to break it up, but in the confusion I slipped away."

One thing is clear by the images Lucien proects into your mind. He set up the other slaves to be slaughtered in the riot and then slipped away without a care for their fate.

"The words and pictures I placed in your minds are remnants of the gifts that remain from my torment. The name is Lucien Lightstep. At least, that's what I call myself since I don't know my real name. I just liked the way Lucien sounds and Lightstep was my nickname in the mines."

[sblock=ooc]Thief or psychic? Both. To represent effects of the psychic experiments on Lucien, I took the Wild Talent Master feat. One of the wild talents I took was Thought Projection, which allows me to project words and images into the minds of others.[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
So I see:

Lucien - level 4 thief - striker
Tana - level 4 swordmage - defender
Malik - level 6 ranger - striker
Varis- level 5 bard - leader
Christina - level ? druid? - controller.

And maybe Pis?

Seems like an awesome party... [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I dunno; a swordmage who's one of the lowest-level characters in the group in a mixed-level party might not be great as the only defender.[/sblock]

Tana looked like she was on the edge of asking a score of questions of the halfling, but for once in her life tact reined in that gnomish curiosity of hers.

"That's quite a tale. Much more frightening than anything I could tell you of hunting down artifacts for the Library, though that has been harry a time or two."
She said.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Christina is a level 4 sentinel druid, she can heal, dish out good damage and has a little bit of control as well. :)

Also don't forget Pooh her animal companion
. He is a level 4 very menacing bear.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Group sounds fine to me. Swordmages are the ony defenders who not need to stand near to an enemy, so level 4 could be fine.

twilsemail

First Post
Pis sits in deep contemplation of, something, his hand on his beltpouch. It takes a moment for him to realize his companions are departing and by the time he's risen they've left the doorway. He jumps to his feet and heads for the door. "Good evening to you all. I am sure we shall meet again someday soon."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads