[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"You may call me Grys. You know of people who can transform into animals as small as cats? Do tell. I know only of balefully doing so. Obviously, you are more familiar with tales than I am. As for animal messengers, if it were one of those, it would have immediately told you the message. Since it did not, it is not such a creature. Now, it could just be a cat. But in this place and with it's curious behavior and your reaction to it, that is unlikely. So, the only remaining conclusion would be that it is a familiar."

FourMonos

First Post
The door to the tavern opens yet again. Many patrons glance, but the normal appearing human does not garner much interest. He wears normal clothes and traveling cloak wrapped about him. The more astute notice the pause once inside, as if to let his eyes adjust. He focuses his attention briefly on each of the patrons. The new visitor non-chalantly lifts a pair of goggles hanging around his neck to his eyes, then examines the bar and its inhabitents again. The goggles appear unremarkable, similar to those worn by crewman on the airships. Apparently satisfied, the newcomer returns the goggles to hanging around his neck and hobbles into the bar proper.

Of normal height and slight of build, the initial observation is his limp and reliance on his staff for support. The human makes his way slowly near the gathering of patrons near the bar. He sits so as to keep an eye on the door.

"Greetings friend dwarf," Nyar Harbor says slowly, observing the gathered patrons.

"A hot tea and some stew, please Barkeep." He calls to Brews behind the bar.

Then, focusing back of Dalvach, "I've come as ye asked. How can this worn mage be of assistance to you?"

[sblock=ooc] Greetings all, my first post on this website. Looking forward to meeting all of you! [/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar thanks Brews for the food and drink as it arrives.

"Whose familiar?" Nyar asks of the cat sitting in front of the half elf.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 4

"...

He moved ..."

Varis is a bit startled as the cat jumps on his table.
"Uhm,... and you are, kitty?" He asks, as he searching his mind for the answer.

[sblock=ooc]
Arcana +9
History +8
Insight +9
Nature +6
Religion +8

Any chance Varis knows something?

Needs to be approved:
LEB:pC:Varis d'Lyrandar (Walking Dad) - ENWiki[/sblock]
Varis notices an arcane aura around the cat. The cat, if it even a cat, is not what it seems to be.

The cat slowly turns to Nyar yellow eyes fixed on him.

The door to the tavern opens again. Wind seems to rush through it yet there is no breeze outside. A slender Eldrin in red robes steps through.

I am Mythra, summoner of the High Tower in
Thelanis. I am in search of an escaped arcane creature of great power. I will reward anyone with information about the creature. he says to the room at large.

[sblock=ooc]Mythra Stelwart Wizard 4 (unapproved)looking of an adventure. [/sblock]

modest

First Post
"Vu-gad, Varis! Bravo! Your craft is excellent!" Dalvach attempts the closest thing he knows to a compliment for an elf, though the comment still comes across a bit off-color. "Even for half an elf..hmph" those closest hear him mutter as he rolls his eyes. A fluttering itch that Dalvach would describe as pesky, elusive and somewhat heavy seems to have most of his attention as the bard finishes his tale. Dalvach tries to swat at the 'itch' with his left hand, thinking that the feeling is behind his head. As he turns, annoyed, he catches sight of the unassuming man standing in front of the heavily wooded tavern door. His mood instantly goes from annoyed to joyous at the spectacle that is the hidden man, dressed so modestly. "Oi! I'd recognize that calm entrance and cautious observation anywhere, even in those old rags! C'mere and have a drink! Save your caution for when we truly need it. You are among friends again." Dalvach roars out his greeting to his old partner and claps him a hearty slap on the back. "I never would have expected ye to arrive so soon! Ye do move quickly when ye want to," Dalvach booms a mighty chuckle, "What of the others..did they make it with you?" Dalvach's mood changes perceptibly again to a very serious, melancholy tone. So distracted by the 'itch' around his head, Dalvach finally registers that someone mentioned a cat. "There's a cat here!? And it's what color? Keep it away! I won't be needing any of that bad luck!"

[sblock=OOC] Welcome aboard Nyar![/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 4

"One cat and two wizards enter a bar...

Sounds like an old dwarf joke. So, any chance this one belongs to one of you?"
Varis asks both wizards and nods a thanks to Dalvach.
"Grys, yes, I know of druids who are able to assume that small forms for scouting around. But it seems you are right."

[sblock=ooc]

Needs to be approved:
LEB:pC:Varis d'Lyrandar (Walking Dad) - ENWiki[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Old Dwarf joke? mutters Baern as the glumly looks about at the jovial crowd. He sighs then pulls off a boot and starts removing the mud from it with a handaxe from his belt.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"One cat and three Wizards enter a bar. Brews might need an exterminator. So friend, do you know any songs about the destruction of Cyre?" Grys asks again.

Mezegis

First Post
The door to the tavern swings open, and a young woman glides into the tavern. She is dressed in a mottled patchwork of greys and black, the tip of a long ponytail peaks out of the bottom of her travelling cloak. A large, well crafted bow is strapped to her back, and a pair of small axes hug her hips. Her hood still up, she scans the tavern, and a slow grin forms. Small tusks are visible above her lower lip, and he skin has a slightly greenish tinge to it, making her look ill.

I am Ryda of the Shadow March. she says to no one in particular. and I’ve just returned for rescuing an elven village from a fierce owlbear and it’s manipulators. As such, me and my two companions are looking for work if any of you are potential patrons. If not, hail and well met kindred spirits.

Antithetist

First Post
Jarren follows Ryda into the tavern, a slight figure wrapped in a heavy cloak and carrying a carved spear. His shaggy hair and full beard are a russet colour. His features are almost feral, but the wide, light brown eyes that survey the tavern have a good-humoured and inquisitive spark. "I am Jarren, called the Star Gazer," he announces simply, considering that Ryda did most of the necessary introductions for the group. He heads to the bar for an ale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads