[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luinnar

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 4

"One cat and two wizards enter a bar...

Sounds like an old dwarf joke. So, any chance this one belongs to one of you?"
Varis asks both wizards and nods a thanks to Dalvach.
"Grys, yes, I know of druids who are able to assume that small forms for scouting around. But it seems you are right."

[sblock=ooc]

Needs to be approved:
LEB:pC:Varis d'Lyrandar (Walking Dad) - ENWiki[/sblock]
Mythra turns to the cat. A halfbreed bard...This is the best you can find me? I told you to find someone who might know something. Go scout the rest of the town and report back.

The cat stretches lazily and leaps off the table, exiting the tavern through the door.

evilbob

Explorer
Right behind the young woman and shaggy fellow a large but somewhat unassuming warforged shuffles into the tavern. He looks battle-scarred but otherwise unremarkable, and has a large shield somewhere between carried and attached to his arm.

"U- Susan," he says with a slight air of pride as he follows the custom of the tavern. Looking around, he seems somewhat surprised at the number of patrons in the establishment. He moves to sit with Ryda and Jarren.

Brews quickly removes the used and empty glasses from the counter with a smile, but otherwise pays them no mind.

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar rubs his shoulder, tender from his friends boisterous greeting.

"Honestly, it is good to be seen Dalvach. I fear I've been spending too much time away in dusty libraries to be good for one's health."

Nyar pauses with the arrival of the familiar's owner.

[sblock=quote] A slender Eladrin in red robes steps through.

I am Mythra, summoner of the High Tower in Thelanis. I am in search of an escaped arcane creature of great power. I will reward anyone with information about the creature. [/sblock]

[sblock=arcana] Arcana check: 1d20+12 → [19,12] = (31) [/sblock]

"Hail Mythra. I have heard of the High Tower Thelanis. Your master is reputed as a potent mage. Perhaps you could tell us more of this arcane creature."

Nyar sips his tea and observes the rather rapid rate that which the bar is accumulating patrons. He pulls the goggles up and scans the new party of three sitting not too far away. Apparently satisfied, he returns the goggles around his neck.

"Goodness Dalvach, did you request all these heroes meet here today?"

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar cocks his head as he watches the cat slink out of the inn.

"I always found familiars to be too.... flamable... in my line of work."

CaBaNa

First Post
The twins sit in a deadlock stare, in opposite directions, sitting back to back on their separate chairs. Their ongoing silence eventually becoming unsettling, almost as soon as Nyar said flamable they snapped out of the meditation. We'll be right back... That cat... they jump up simultaneously and exit the Shard in a rush.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=arcana] Arcana check: 1d20+12 → [19,12] = (31) [/sblock]

"Hail Mythra. I have heard of the High Tower Thelanis. Your master is reputed as a potent mage. Perhaps you could tell us more of this arcane creature."
He has been dead many years, obviously your information is out of date. Mythra says with a smirk. You humans never trained your mages properly.

Flashes of arcane power and strewn tower rubble and bodies does not lead to a creature that one can study in any detail. My brief glimpse was a creature that was pulsating with immense power. I did much research in our library to find out more, but I could find nothing in our extensive records. Pity my master was too weak to contain it. But I won't be... he says the last sentence almost to himself.

Zissou

First Post
"Goodness Dalvach, did you request all these heroes meet here today?"

As the tavern continues to fill with varying patrons and adventurers, Daegaul breaks his watchful silence to greet the new friend of a friend, "My name is Daegaul. It's good to meet you Nyar, the pleasure is mine." Daegaul extends his arm to offer a proper handshake. The other hand reaches for the electrified blue psionic halo that encircles Daegaul's crown, as if to tip his hat. A few pale blue pulses of energy race across Daegaul's brow as he feels a measure of simple honesty emanate from Nyar's aura that comes across as a refreshing breeze.

He has been dead many years, obviously your information is out of date. Mythra says with a smirk. You humans never trained your mages properly.

Flashes of arcane power and strewn tower rubble and bodies does not lead to a creature that one can study in any detail. My brief glimpse was a creature that was pulsating with immense power. I did much research in our library to find out more, but I could find nothing in our extensive records. Pity my master was too weak to contain it. But I won't be... he says the last sentence almost to himself.

Wearing a puzzled expression on his face, Daegaul speaks, "You seek revenge on a beast that able to best your master? Then do you think it wise to speak down on a fellow adventurer's craft? Seems that you should be seeking friendship to aid you in achieving your retribution. Revenge itself, in nature, is a lonesome and friendless pursuit.

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 4

"One cat and three Wizards enter a bar. Brews might need an exterminator. So friend, do you know any songs about the destruction of Cyre?" Grys asks again.

"Not a song but a melody, sometimes the right tune can deliver more about such a tragic event than mere words."

I am Ryda of the Shadow March. she says to no one in particular. and I’ve just returned for rescuing an elven village from a fierce owlbear and it’s manipulators. As such, me and my two companions are looking for work if any of you are potential patrons. If not, hail and well met kindred spirits.

"Hail Ryda and Jarren... and Susan! You must have great stories to tell!"
:)

Mythra turns to the cat. A halfbreed bard...This is the best you can find me? I told you to find someone who might know something. Go scout the rest of the town and report back.

The cat stretches lazily and leaps off the table, exiting the tavern through the door.

"You know that halfbreed is a derogatory term? Also it is rather unclear, if you mean a half-elf, half-orc or half-ling. Maybe you cat has better senses than you..."

The twins sit in a deadlock stare, in opposite directions, sitting back to back on their separate chairs. Their ongoing silence eventually becoming unsettling, almost as soon as Nyar said flamable they snapped out of the meditation. We'll be right back... That cat... they jump up simultaneously and exit the Shard in a rush.

"See you later..."

[sblock=ooc]

Needs to be approved:
LEB:pC:Varis d'Lyrandar (Walking Dad) - ENWiki[/sblock]

Last edited:

Zissou

First Post

Daegaul turns to Dalvach and Nyar, "Surely they aren't going to burn that feline cat?" feeling not sure at all.

modest

First Post
Dalvach spills his beer down his front at the twins sudden departure. "Acch, would ye look at that!? I just washed my beard and tunic!" Dalvach splutters. "Wonder what they're on about? I knew that cat was bad business. Wizard or not, he should know better than to be playing with dead things," Dalvach says disgustedly. "I wouldn't worry much about an elf with no sense, Nyar. Though that seems to be most of them. Unfortunately for us, they seem to be all over these parts. Would have suggested meeting somewhere else had I known." Dalvach spits and curses briefly. Expressing his agreement with Daegaul, Dalvach comments, "Makes sense now, about that cat..I couldn't read any thoughts from that mangy beast. Totally emotionless..or maybe that was just because it's a cat." With that, Dalvach stands and moves cautiously yet confidently towards Baern's table, dragging his hammer on the floor as he approaches. He then bends at the hip very low till his beard brushes the floor. He coughs once, to clear his throat then begins, "Hail good dwarf, well met, and pleasure too. May the sun always shine on your side of the mountain, and may ye be too deep in it to know. What clan do ye hail from and what brings ye to these parts? I don't rightly recognize your features to know how old ye be, but obviously old enough to know business like his," Dalvach glances at the wizard who owns the pet dead thing, "is bad business. I am Dalvach Dagda, investigator, inspirator, cleanser and waker of souls, at your service."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads