• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLaw

First Post
"Yes, although the way that smaller goliath is behaving I get the feeling that she and her friend have been here before. There is another Lyrander here as well, if that is of interest to you. The man seated at the table over there with the larger goliath introduced himself to me as such."

Talkrai indicated the table where she was previously seated with Priam and Orsik.

"Still," she continued with some cheer, "Everyone has to be new sometime, right? I think I would like to see many new places. I think that would be helpful."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek now has several forks, spoons, knives, and a salt shaker forming what appears to be a minature version of the dragon. He taps on it and some of the salt "breathed" out of its "mouth." he claps happily and then bend over it to cointue working on it.[sblock=Trashpile]Ha! Don't have enough XP yo give you r1. [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Prestidigitation." Shava says with a knowing smile. She turns around in her seat, so she's facing Tondrek, and extends a gloved hand. Slowly the dirt and grime begin to fade away.

renau1g

First Post
"Yes, although the way that smaller goliath is behaving I get the feeling that she and her friend have been here before. There is another Lyrander here as well, if that is of interest to you. The man seated at the table over there with the larger goliath introduced himself to me as such."

Talkrai indicated the table where she was previously seated with Priam and Orsik.

A third Lyrandar here?" Thalen asks incredulously, "That's a pretty big coincidence. Hmmm..." she continues, having lost all interest in the dragon by this point and seems to be puzzling out the various elements that must mean something.

Thalen contented herself with watching humanoid building....something... out of utensils. Thalen wondered if the warforged behind the bar would be upset by him ruining the cutlery, when suddenly, out of the corner of her eye she saw the other half-elf pointing her gloved hand towards the creature. Her brain was reacting on instinct, Thalen began moving across the tavern at a full run, her blade drawn as she moved. She pointed the weapon at Shava, "What is this? What magicks are you using against that innocent man. Explain yourself!" she demands, quickly checking back over her shoulder to make sure that the affectionately titled "trashpile" hadn't burst into flames or been turned into anything...unnatural.

Satisfied, her attention returned fully to the other half-elf, and as her eyes narrowed, the sound of thunder crashing in the air grows subtly louder.

twilsemail

First Post
It’s so small… The thought passes through him as a wave of worry. He looks about for just a moment.

Upon spotting the newly arrived adventurers, Pis strides over to their table. “I am begging your pardon, but I must ask… This was killed inside the city? I have heard little of it, but I am new to the city. It was a long trip south and sometimes the news doesn’t travel as well as it should… Where in the city was this beast?”

As soon as he asks, his eyes light up with a touch of surprise. Quickly he adds, “Where are my manners? I am Pis Memish and it is a pleasure to meet you.”

[sblock=pronunciation]The “i”s in his name are pronounced as a long “e,” like reed or need.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I'm going to pretend that Pis' post happened before Thalen's.

Passive Insight 20 on Thalen.[/sblock]

Shava swishes her hand slightly, to get the grease out of Tondrek's hair. "Hi Pis." She says without looking away from her task. "It was in the sewers. You can read about it in the Shar-"

Thalen began moving across the tavern at a full run, her blade drawn as she moved. She pointed the weapon at Shava, "What is this? What magicks are you using against that innocent man. Explain yourself!" she demands, quickly checking back over her shoulder to make sure that the affectionately titled "trashpile" hadn't burst into flames or been turned into anything...unnatural.

Satisfied, her attention returned fully to the other half-elf, and as her eyes narrowed, the sound of thunder crashing in the air grows subtly louder.

Nope, she's still not right. Shava's nervousness was quickly swallowed up by years of training and experience. Her face grew stern and her body rigid. She slowly lowered her hand and turned toward Thalen.

Put. . . the Weapon. . . DOWN Sailor." Shava commanded calmly but firmly. She slowly raised herself to standing. "He is a member of my crew. That is Prestidigitation. He is filthy, because we fought a DRAGON, in the SEWER, and he's too much of a genius to remember to BATHE!" Shava takes a deep breathe a reigns in her frustration. She couldn't decide if she was more irritated with the blade in her face or that the house hadn't recognized her efforts enough to send an actual spy.

renau1g

First Post
"Sailor? Your crew? Oh... oh no... you are here on House business then? Wait.... how did you know I am...was... a sailor, oh and what's a pres..presti..whatever you called it?" Thalen says confused, her blade dipping towards the floor until the point rested on the wooden planks.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Stone cairn near the statue was standing stock still, only sign of activity his gray eyes lighting up upon entrance of the dragon. It looked on, all the bustle and activity until Thalen started running toward Shava.

It moved then, it's halberd coming up and it also ran to interpose itself between charging woman and lithe mage lady
"Stop! No fighting here!" it's voice thunder of the avalanche rushing down the mountain.

It waits ready between armed fleshling and caster female. It's voice clears somewhat, sounding almost cultured, as a bit of mist escapes from joints on his neck and jaw.
"Lady Mage, you're in no danger. I apologize for the disturbance."

OOC: sorry, just realized I'm late in my reaction. Pretend it happened on time :)
OOC2: also edited minor details such as Thalens gender :p

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Man, I swear there wasn’t another post there when I responded…[/sblock]

As Pis considers the answer to his question, Thalen charges in from behind. After the exchange between Shava and the madwoman Pis looks at her quizzically and says, “Madam, are you sure you are in the correct bar?”

The normally quick to react rogue is more than a bit off his game at the moment. Something is definitely bothering him. It is at that moment he notices the towering Cairn beside him. “Oh, hello there.” He says with a grin.

[sblock=ooc]
Also, Neurotic, I’m reasonably sure the charging person is female.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
Talkrai watched all this unfold with definite confusion. What have I gotten myself into? she wondered. At least I'm not the only one who thought it was odd that so many people with the same surname were in the same place, but who are these people to be that jumpy?

Finding herself now standing alone in the middle of the room she looked around quickly, trying to figure out what she should do now. It seemed obvious that she should stay out of this family business. Whatever the tall half-elf said, she was convinced that family definitely had something to do with this altercation at this point. Finding no other real recourse, she returned to her formed seat and pillowed her face in her arms on the table, trying to think. She always found her mind worked better when she couldn't see.

Of course her ears worked better this way too, so perhaps she'd be able to pick up more pieces of the puzzle if she just stayed out of the way and listened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads