[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertexx69

First Post
Rohna drops her eyebrow of doom and gets down to brass tacks. "So I'm thinking this second part of magik'd scriblin' will not be just sitting on a shelf for us? What do you know of the guardian of this skem...skrea..drawing your looking for clear on the other side of the Mournlands and the Talenta Plains?" She drains the flagon without a hick-up while waiting for the dwarf to phrase his response in some veiled or 'diplomatic' way to prove his superior intellect.

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I don't know if that would need a die roll in an adventure, but she isn't trying to hide anything, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to gauge her tone of voice for those sorts of emotions.

As it stands, she sounded neither proud nor regretful. It was spoken simply as a matter of fact. Conviction on the last paragraph would be the only difference maybe.

She's not projecting, so you won't get actual thoughts.
[/sblock]

Talkrai blushed horribly and ducked her head down trying to escape notice when Pis shouted his toast. She thought he was going a bit overboard. She did take a cautious sip of her drink, still choking a bit, but not as badly as the first time.

"I did what needed doing,"
she said simply and quietly, face still quite pink. "Wouldn't anyone? I've never met anyone who wouldn't fight to protect their home and family. It's nothing like slaying a dragon."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Boris nods in the woman's direction as she is toasted, but that is the only recognition he gives. He returns to the task at hand.

"I certainly think you have our attention good sir. But while some of our party are content with scholarly pursuits." She indicates herself and Tondrek. "Other key members are less so. I assume a Morgrave Expedition contract for Retrieval with fairly standard fees. . .

"Of course, of course. You are free to keep whatever else you find. I wish only to find the schema. Upon your return, you will also receive a modest payment in gold and gems as well."

Seeing the obvious interest in the airship the other half-elf showed, Boris looks towards her. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name."

Boris takes off his skullcap and scratches his bald head, "As far guards go, it is a dragonborn temple, so there are bound to be those there. Lizardfolk as well. Q'barra's native wildlife too I suppose may be a problem in addition. It's bound to be dangerous, is there only the 3 of you?"

He looks at the illustration again, tapping his finger on a pair of dark elves standing off to the side obviously smitten with each other. "This one...won't be joining you will he? I'd suggest finding a replacement."

twilsemail

First Post
Din smiles at Talkrai, remembering a time when he believed such things. “No, dear Talkrai, the world is not full of heroes, such as your Dragonwood. Many would flee the coming terror to try to save their own hides.” A cloud passes over his face for but a moment. “Some would do far worse. I would not have toasted you if it was an act any would perform.”

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
An absent minded professor? Well there certainly could be worse patrons. Shava turned fully to the man, spoke as clearly as possible and looked him right in the eye. "There are five of us, but we reserve the right to expand as needed." I always did like a crew of six. "I'm Shava. That's Thalen. She's a helmsman, and front liner. Rohna is muscle. This is Tondrek. He's an engineer. And Roswyn." She points to the gnome in the picture. "Is a wizard."

[sblock=ooc]That may be a little much, but Shava did introduce Thalen and Rohna at the beginning, and then he introduced Tondrek himself.[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
A rather homely, but fit and deeply tanned Eladrin walks into the tavern. He is dressed in normal clothing with a backpack slung over one shoulder and a longsword at his hip.

He glances at the others in the tavern, but does not yet see his friends.

"Ale." he says to the barkeep.

Once Brews hands him the mug, he walks to the corner of the room and waits for his friends to show up.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Elaborately dressed kalashtar enters the tavern.

"Greetings, all, and blessings of Dor Arrah upon you. I am Venakhad, healer of house Jorasco"

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]apologies for missing so much action in the tavern... I've been really busy, and a problem with Roswyn is that it's hard to do a brief post for her. :)

I do want to join in with the adventure and will try to post in the thread here later tonight. I don't want to hold you up. If necessary Roswyn can meet you at the airship.[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
The goliath grins her stony grin when Shava points to Roswyn. "That wizard is has a serious addiction to shopping you know. We haven't seen her outside the marketplace since we crawled out of those sewers draggin that hulk over there behind us." She shoves a thumb at the dragon. "It had a tidy little bed horded away in those old tunnels, and the wizard's share of it has kept her busy for almost an entire week now."

She looks at the priest that walks in as she absently runs a craggy hand over several of the brutal scars that criss-cross the onyx hide of her arm. She leans over to Shava and Tondrek in turn, "It might be nice to have a bit more healing on hand if we are going to be going all the way to the East coast. Since we won't be able to just pop back to the city for healing potions, don't you think?"

Son of Meepo

First Post
[OOC: Wow, things got busy! I was away for about a week because of a family emergency and I had about 5 pages of posts to read.]

When the other Lyrandar entered the tavern, the otherwise talkative Priam d'Lyrandar slipped into awkward silence, fidgeting with his hands. [OOC: It is likely known to the other Lyrandar, that Priam simply walked away from this house duties one day, thus falling out of favor with his extended family.]

When Talkrai mentioned his identity he cringed, even though his lineage is blatantly apparent from the fist-sized dragonmark that covers his neck.

"My it has gotten quite hectic here Talkrai, I'm actually thinking an adventure would be less frenetic than this place." Priam starts looking around, like he might jump through a window at any moment just to escape all the excitement. "Perhaps we should ask around for any leads."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads