Teach Your Cat To Role-play

If you've ever wanted to play a tabletop roleplaying game with your cat, now's your chance! How...

If you've ever wanted to play a tabletop roleplaying game with your cat, now's your chance! How to RPG with your Cat is a new Kickstarter for a roleplaying game where your actual cat plays alongside the humans.

catty.jpg

How does that work? Well, instead of rolling a die, your cat's reaction to various prompts decides what action their hero takes. Your cat is essentially acting as its own die.

For example, an Acrobatics Prompt (used when the cat's hero is balancing, doing stunt, jumping, etc.) involves placing a light sheet or towel over the cat.

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 12.08.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 12.05.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 12.09.40 PM.png

Some people might recall my own adventures with pet/TTRPG interaction didn't go quite so well (although eventually that tale had a happy ending).

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
Thanks for the heads up on this. As we are a huge cat family (4 rescue cats) this will be worth it for humor.

Although, I have never had a problem getting them to roll dice. I set up a game board, which draws at least one or two to the table, then put a dice at the edge of the table. They will knock it off and then look at me waiting for me to tell them if they hit or not. This can usually be repeated at least 5-10 times.

Fun Stuff.

Wicht

Hero
I am not sure how my cat would feel about being asked to participate in this way. He much more likes jumping at the dice and sitting in various box lids to languidly watch us as we play. I feel like he might think testing him with blankets and other accoutrements might be a bit much and ruin his enjoyment of the game(s).

Remove ads

Remove ads