Teach Your Cat To Role-play

If you've ever wanted to play a tabletop roleplaying game with your cat, now's your chance! How to RPG with your Cat is a new Kickstarter for a roleplaying game where your actual cat plays alongside the humans. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oddfishgames/how-to-rpg-with-your-cat How does that work? Well, instead of rolling a die, your cat's reaction to various prompts decides what...

If you've ever wanted to play a tabletop roleplaying game with your cat, now's your chance! How to RPG with your Cat is a new Kickstarter for a roleplaying game where your actual cat plays alongside the humans.

catty.jpg

How does that work? Well, instead of rolling a die, your cat's reaction to various prompts decides what action their hero takes. Your cat is essentially acting as its own die.

For example, an Acrobatics Prompt (used when the cat's hero is balancing, doing stunt, jumping, etc.) involves placing a light sheet or towel over the cat.

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 12.08.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 12.05.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 12.09.40 PM.png

Some people might recall my own adventures with pet/TTRPG interaction didn't go quite so well (although eventually that tale had a happy ending).

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Having been a cat owner for many decades, I will say that at least in terms of the mechanical bits of this I've seen it looks wonderful. Possibly not the fastest mechanics ever designed by human hands, but engaging as heck.

Remove ads

Remove ads