• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Team Baldy's Tales From The OBO-ESRD Tavern! (Calling Hypersmurf)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hypersmurf said:
"My, what sharp teeth you have," he murmurs, reaching back into his pocket to produce his harmonica. "Something to stir the blood?" he repeats, raising an eyebrow.

<snip>

Once the introduction is over, he launches into the well-worn story, interspersing each short verse with a few bars on the harmonica, regaling the Dog's patrons with the old accounts of how Man-Mountain Krayle wrestled giants, laid out an owlbear with a single punch, ate his way out of a gelatinous cube, and made a huge animated beer mug out of a clay golem. After the third run through the chorus, he stops singing that part himself, instead accompanying the patrons with his harmonica, and saving his voice for the verses...
*Karjanga seems delighted at Hamm's sally, and joins in singing the song with gusto. Her voice is strong and deep, and she puntuates the verses with a drink from her mug, laughing lustily at the funnier parts.*

Agrajag

First Post
After explaining the harsh truth about animals of the forest I get up from my table and grab a seat next to the dwarf who cleaned off his chair grab his mug take a sip out of it spit in it and hand it back and say "If you are a true dwarf and not like one of them pansy 'high ups' you'll have a friendly drink with your kinsman" I finish with a smile that would make a sane man go berserk.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Lazlow said:
Sunderkeg beams with joy as Hamm plays his tune, for he knows full well that the patrons, apathetic as they may be, know a good, rousing drinking song when they hear one, and, more importantly, recognize the need for good, rousing drinking. He calls Muirna back out and starts pulling pints, whistling and singing along, and dancing a little jig every now and then along with the chorus. The patrons happily sing along, draining their mugs and ordering more.

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Karjanga seems delighted at Hamm's sally, and joins in singing the song with gusto. Her voice is strong and deep, and she puntuates the verses with a drink from her mug, laughing lustily at the funnier parts.*

Hamm resumes his seat as the song draws to a close, acknowledging fans with nods, bows, and the occasional blown kiss.

"The classics are always the best," he comments to Karjanga, flashing that shiny grin again.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Nice... very nice," Karjanga says with an appreciative purr. "So, what plans did you have tonight? Whatever they are, you'd best cancel them, because you're coming with me." Karjanga's eyes are full of promise, and she reaches out to trace Hamm's arm through his tunic.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Nice... very nice," Karjanga says with an appreciative purr. "So, what plans did you have tonight? Whatever they are, you'd best cancel them, because you're coming with me." Karjanga's eyes are full of promise, and she reaches out to trace Hamm's arm through his tunic.

"Now, now," Hamm chides, wagging a finger playfully. "It's polite to ask. After all... I might say no!"

He tips the woman a wink. (Imagination again? Or was there a faint sound like a struck triangle accompanying the gesture?)

"As for what plans I had - well, while there's no doubting the quality of the libations," - he rocks his ale mug on the table - "or the fascinating company," - with a dubious glance at the conspiracy-theorist dwarf - "I don't see a lot of room here for guest quarters. So before long, I plan to take a stroll around town and work out where I'm... sleeping, tonight."

The eyebrow on that last phrase is particularly expressive.

"Fancy a turn in the evening air?" he suggests. "A little rain never hurt anyone..."

Jarlaxale

First Post
Lazlow said:
Sunderkeg seems overjoyed at the sight of yet another Dwarf. He excuses himself from his first guest and makes his way over to you. "Weelcome brather, weelcome to the finest tavern on this plane!" He takes up your mug at your request and gives you a quick wink. "Aye, m'lad, an' th' first one's on th' hoose, na worries!" He strides back to the bar to fill your mug.

"Nice meeting you to", I thinks to myself, who's this person, "Thanks for filling my mug!" I look at him and then at the mug and wonder if I should drink it.

Jarlaxale

First Post
Agrajag said:
After explaining the harsh truth about animals of the forest I get up from my table and grab a seat next to the dwarf who cleaned off his chair grab his mug take a sip out of it spit in it and hand it back and say "If you are a true dwarf and not like one of them pansy 'high ups' you'll have a friendly drink with your kinsman" I finish with a smile that would make a sane man go berserk.

I return the smile and say, "keep the mug as a gift from brother to brother", I then get my stuff and tell him, "I hear someone calling on the otherside", although no one called me I walked ever so slowly away sit next to a tall elf.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hypersmurf said:
"Now, now," Hamm chides, wagging a finger playfully. "It's polite to ask. After all... I might say no!"

He tips the woman a wink. (Imagination again? Or was there a faint sound like a struck triangle accompanying the gesture?)

"As for what plans I had - well, while there's no doubting the quality of the libations," - he rocks his ale mug on the table - "or the fascinating company," - with a dubious glance at the conspiracy-theorist dwarf - "I don't see a lot of room here for guest quarters. So before long, I plan to take a stroll around town and work out where I'm... sleeping, tonight."

The eyebrow on that last phrase is particularly expressive.

"Fancy a turn in the evening air?" he suggests. "A little rain never hurt anyone..."
"No one refuses me," she says with another fierce grin. "But a fine stroll does sound most... invigorating."

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"No one refuses me," she says with another fierce grin.

"It's said that new experiences make life worth living," Hamm notes cheekily.

"But a fine stroll does sound most... invigorating."

"Perhaps when we've finished our drinks?" He eyes the dwarven drama with an air of mild distaste. "Assuming no-one spits in them in the interim, of course."

Lazlow

First Post
Strange visitors

"Perhaps when we've finished our drinks?" He eyes the dwarven drama with an air of mild distaste. "Assuming no-one spits in them in the interim, of course."

As Hamm and Karjanga slowly make their way towards the door, they notice a group of smallish persons enter the bar. They are dressed in dark, heavy cloaks that reach all the way to the floor, and the large hoods completely obscure their faces. The foremost motions to the left with his elbow, and three of them wind their way over to that side of the room, taking an empty table. The remaining four find a table off to the right.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads