D&D General Tell me about your campaign

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
A Cyran necromancer, a House Vadalis scion, a Khoravar* sailor, and a Ghaash’Kala cleric must race to Eston to stop both the Arcane Knights and the Lord of Blades from acquiring a prototype superweapon.

*meant Khoravar Half-Elf, but typed Khorvaire originally.

Last edited:

Oofta

Legend
I have a persistent campaign world that has hosted multiple campaigns over the years. Sometimes threads are left dangling from one campaign to the next. In a previous campaign (one before last) the PCs had been forced to abandon their home base and had only temporarily sealed a rift to Jotunheim (kind-of-sort-of the Abyss in my campaign) after the seal that had been put in place was broken.

The current campaign is dealing with the aftermath of the fact that there's a leaking rift to that's infecting the region. Oh, and because I saw a cool monster/picture I improvised a faction from the far realms trying to take advantage of the power the rift is generating to break through. Because one major threat to the region wasn't enough. :rolleyes:

Did I mention the original seal was also just an improvised excuse to have a spooky obelisk in the middle of town? Will the PCs be able to stop both invasions? Will they even try because there's other plot lines they can follow if they want. Who knows. Maybe they'll leave their mark and become heroes of legend or maybe I'll just have to mark up my map for future campaigns with "here there be monsters".

Richards

Legend
The campaign I'm DMing: the PCs have always been able to fully recall their dreams upon waking and that makes them especially well suited to be trained in dreamwalking, for there's a dream plague crossing the continent that's putting people into suspended animation comas as they're trapped in their dreams and the Queen of Dreams needs a team in the waking world to put a stop to it. They'll be traveling across the continent trying to find the cause of the plague while entering the dreams of those afflicted and seeing what they can do about the situation from within the dreamscapes.

The campaign where I'm a player: the PCs are all slaves to a drow house in an Underdark city and must find a way to prevent the upcoming assault upon the surface world led by a power-crazed Matron Mother who has declared herself the Mortal Queen of all drow.

Sadly, both campaigns are currently on hold due to the coronavirus situation.

Johnathan

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Current player (1) Avernus (just began)
Current player (2) AL Season 1 modules strung together (finishing the last mod by end of month)

Future DM (1) Dark Sun - build a new merchant House
Future DM (2) Frozen North - mashup of chapters from Wildemont, Tiamat, and Storm Kings Thunder

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
A stalwart barbarian rescued a tribe of Mongai (a term I swapped in for "mongrelmen" because come on) from the Forbidden City and is now in search of a kingdom to settle with them. In the meantime he is looking for a powerful item hidden somewhere on Monkey Isle at the behest of a Nagpa in Serraine, but has begun to question the nagpa's ultimate goals and motive.

Homebrew world with some mechanics lifted from other places:

Something came crashing down to the earth (Spoiler: it was the corpse of Ymir, the frost giant god) causing an impact winter (a scary thing, like nuclear winter). People are just trying to survive.

You have remnants of the halflings who made a last stand to save the other 'good races'. You have orc hordes whose savage attacks made the wood elves turn to Yeenoghu for powers to fight back. You have an alien infection causing a fast-zombie plague. The game started when the refugees arrived at a secluded glade that a druid had channeled his magic into a great tree which keeps most of the temperature issues at bay... There are other oddities, like firearms, gnome artificers, warforged soldiers who earned their 'freedom' by saving their gnomish creators and were discovered to be sentient...

aco175

Legend
Started playing the free part of Princes of the Apocalypse. I also made a few surrounding modules. Corona Hit and no school or Boy Scouts so we have been playing every week with my son now. Ended up buying the book to finish the main part. Lots of side quests and freeform though from the book.

Shiroiken

Legend
Brief is not my strong suit, but I'll try. Based on Ghosts of Saltmarsh in Gygaxian Greyhawk (up to 1985). Brian: bug off!

Party explores Saltmarsh and the environs, uncovering many hidden dangers and hints of a conspiracy. Saltmarsh prepares for war against an aquatic threat, and the party travels across the Azure Sea to the Amedio Jungle in order to retrieve a legendary weapon that should give Saltmarsh the needed edge. There they uncover part of the lost history of a slave race used by the Sea Princes, another threat to Saltmarsh, which could be used to destabilize them enough to prevent a second war*. They return to Saltmarsh to find
the conspiracy has destabilized the town, threatening to leave them vulnerable either in the upcoming war or against a potential war with the Sea Princes.

* My players failed to capitalize on this, making enemies of slave race instead.

Remove ads