D&D 4E Tell us what you like and don't like about 4e

Turanil

First Post
As you may not know already, a few copies of the 4e PHB and DMG have been released last Sunday at Walmart (it was a marketing pre-test). Some of us who got their copy of the books conveniently forgot to sign a non-disclosure agreement. So we are free to give our impressions and comments right here on these boards.

Myself I felt reconciled with the dungeonpunk style when I first saw that nude succubus illustration by Larry Elmore p.38, under the Houri class. Now, my main complaint is that (as suspected) the houri is totally unbalanced, and cannot fit in any party featuring Cobalt Knights and Spell-jackers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Thank goodness Druids and Clerics got a power boost. They needed the good BAB and d12 HD on top of everything else.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Apparently, they got tired of people groaning about weapon sizes, and brought back the weapon length, speed factors, and to hit vs. AC adjustments in a fit of blind rage/insanity.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Turanil said:
By the way, you are free to use this thread to scream: "PLEASE NO MORE 4e THREADS!!!"

no4ethreads.JPG

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Jdvn1 said:
Thank goodness Druids and Clerics got a power boost. They needed the good BAB and d12 HD on top of everything else.
Crap. I thought they had bumped them to d14 and d16 respectively. This was done because Lou Zocchi found something to blackmail them with. This ensures a bump in sales of his more esoteric dice.

--making this crap up as fast as I can spikey

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
I like how they seperated Harm into nine different spells, so you have a choice now as to how it effects your target, and wether it gets a save. The old way was much too complicated.

Remove ads