• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tempest Fugit

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Sure thing. And yes, Jules can be assumed to be focused any time she is awake at the start of a fight

So, what is the flight plan? Another group did this Phantom Steed thing, for instance, and they tended to stay about 40 feet up so they wouldn't die from a fall. How would you like to run it?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: She tries. The +1 Caster Level magic item she wears is a big help though. Any other thoughts or actions to take before we leave. I ask sharply here because in one of my other games, a level 7-8ish character who wants to be in melee with enemies forgot to spend like 6000 Gold on anything, and now he's left with 15 (13 in Rage) AC and a penchant to drop from Power Attack. Don't let this happen to you!)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Tor very much resembled that description, but he did indeed spend essentially all of his cash to address it. While 17/15 isn't a heck of a lot better than 15/13, there's not a heck of a lot he can do about it with his <40 gp.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Aye. And at Tor's level, that AC is perfectly reasonable. At Zack's, though, 15/13 is simply deadly. In Terra, I figured that having the stupid monster full Power Attack would make it easier and show off the monster's stupidity, and further I figured that rolling a 4 would mean that it certainly missed, but not against AC 15...This is a mook encounter that happened overnight, and once the rest of the party woke up, they pretty much killed it in one and a half rounds, but it dropped Zack to -6 before that happened)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Ouch. Zack had a long stretch without access to merchants, but I was pretty sure I handed out good amounts of treasure. Hopefully, when he does spend that money he can bring himself up to par. I think I'll go peek at the state of his equipment. ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: Ouch. Zack had a long stretch without access to merchants, but I was pretty sure I handed out good amounts of treasure. Hopefully, when he does spend that money he can bring himself up to par. I think I'll go peek at the state of his equipment. ;)
(OOC: He sort of rode into an icy wilderness with no merchants before it came up ;) :(

Anyway, lest this happen to anyone here, I'll wait for a few more people to check in with the OK, then set this to high gear)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Seems like Zack needs to invest in a suit of +1 Full Plate Armor. With his Dex of 10, that'd go a long way towards correcting his AC, and it's certainly within his budget.

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: That's a no-no for Barbarians, no?)

ooc: It would eliminate the fast movement benefit, but he's a fighter/barbarian. He's got the proficiency, and with a dex of 10 I think he needs the heavy armor. If he has any other Barbarian abilities which won't work in heavy armor, I don't know what they might be.

Remove ads