Tempest Fugit

orsal

LEW Judge
Dungannon said:
Feeling a little more comfortable now that there are other people to interact with, Devlin takes the lead in approaching the nomads.

"Hail and well met, fellow travellers! Any news of the land beyond?"

Sir Nurlan stands with Devlin, ready to join in the conversation, but for the moment awaits for the desetfolk to speak.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Devlin takes the lead and approaches the nomad caravan. These desert-dwelling folk are dressed in desert garb.*

[SBLOCK=Knowledge Local Sairundan DC 13]The style seems Sairundani...

[SBLOCK=DC 17]...But it's a bit off, unusual in a sense...

[SBLOCK=Knowledge History DC 17]...because it went out of style a long time ago.[/SBLOCK]
[/SBLOCK]
[[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Bardic Knowledge DC 20]There's a piece of Sairundani artwork from a few centuries ago that depicts Sairundanis in similar clothing.

[SBLOCK=DC 25]Something else about these nomads tickles your memory of a strange old story...

[SBLOCK=DC 40]I know Nurlan can't go this far, so whoever you are reading this, cut it out! If you keep reading SBLOCKs that aren't for you, I will figure it out and make you sorry![/SBLOCK]
[/SBLOCK]
[/SBLOCK]

"Lair Tesh Aklin, travelers. May the sands shelter you," one of the nomads speaks quietly.

*His eyes seem distant, as if he is always thinking of or looking at something other than the group.*

"This place is dangerous...how have you come here with so little shelter from the elements?" he points at the lone tent, "You may wish to turn back and travel instead to Helatia?"

Dungannon

First Post
"Yes, well, some of us are unfamiliar with desert travel and are woefully underprovisioned. What makes this place dangerous, other than the weather, that is." Devlin keeps an easy smile on his face as he talks, taking care to look around at the whole group so he doesn't appear too interested in one particular person or thing.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Krish Tel Var! If that is so, then I am impressed that you have made it this far. there was a small sandstorm passing through here not too long ago..."

*The nomad group seems to number around twenty. Most of them are women, perhaps as many as fifteen out of twenty.*

"And a stronger storm is brewing. I can hear it whispering..." he closes his eyes slightly and nods his gently forward, "I am Jahar."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I'm Gur Chuck-Chuck. Chuck's my name... well two of them, and chuckin's the game... though I don't think I'm particularly good at it. Well, not like chuckin's much of a game really, and if I don't suppose there's much competition. Either way, I'm not even certain if I've ever been chuckin before in my life..."

Gur ponders that.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan's Bardic Knowledge: 10. He doesn't know anything about... whatever it is he doesn't know about.

"A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Jahar. My name is Nurlan, a minstrel singer. I make it my business to travel the world. I collect songs and lore from the six corners of the plane, and share them with audiences wherever I go. Although this was my first encounter with a sandstorm, for I am in these parts for the first time, I have in my travels had to deal with inclement weather of other kinds. I have survived rainstorms that turned highways into rivers, windstorms that destroyed cliffs, hailstorms that could kill small animals with falling ice. In my profession, I must learn to be resourceful, ever encountering new and unexpected challenges."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You have traveled this deep into the desert and that was the only sandstorm you encountered?" Jahar replies, a bit taken aback, "Truly you are either very fortunate or very skilled, Nurlan, Minstrel Singer."

Xael

First Post
"More likely we were just fast. Are these sandstorms that common then?", Almayce comments. He then introduces himself with a slight nod. "I'm Almayce."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"In this region? Yes, they are. And sometimes, they grow so strong that they can sear the flesh right off the bones, or fling small children into the air..."

Remove ads