• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Temporary front page

gargoyle2k7

First Post
For once, EN World loaded fast. That's the one problem I've always had with this site; it loads so damned slow. Still, I'd rather see all the pretty lights than that temporary page. I thought it was some kind of error page!

Schmoe

Adventurer
The site is much faster for me, and the front page loads nearly instantaneously. The forums are still a little bit slow, but they are very much improved over the previous month or two.

Arnwyn

First Post
Front page loaded instantly.

Forums are still slow, though maybe a tiny bit better. Posting is still a bit of a pain, though it does seem to be a little bit better (haven't been timed out yet!).

Edit: Scratch that. Posting still hurts. Ow.

Last edited:

Merkuri

Explorer
I still get very large periods of lag. EN World usually chugs along fine for me, but it's at the point where I know once one page becomes slow to load that EN World will be pretty much unusable for 5-10 minutes, and at that point I usually move onto something else.

I don't think the front page has changed much for me, personally.

Michael Morris

First Post
I looked into what was actually done for the temp page and I was wrong - there is no database processing involved for that page since it is an html file as opposed to a phtml file. So it will naturally load faster.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go moderate some threads.

darjr

I crit!
The home page just slowed down for me this last time i visited. Before the adds and were not there, now they are. Not saying that's what it is, just only saying that was the biggest difference I noticed.

Edit: submission still took too long... but was MUCH faster.

Lackhand

First Post
Still at "not dead" speeds, but we're back to a lot slower than we were earlier -- around 7 seconds (poor baby!) to load the forums from the front page. And actually, it took even longer for the thread status icons to load.

Remove ads