Temporary front page

gargoyle2k7

First Post
For once, EN World loaded fast. That's the one problem I've always had with this site; it loads so damned slow. Still, I'd rather see all the pretty lights than that temporary page. I thought it was some kind of error page!

Schmoe

Adventurer
The site is much faster for me, and the front page loads nearly instantaneously. The forums are still a little bit slow, but they are very much improved over the previous month or two.

Arnwyn

First Post
Front page loaded instantly.

Forums are still slow, though maybe a tiny bit better. Posting is still a bit of a pain, though it does seem to be a little bit better (haven't been timed out yet!).

Edit: Scratch that. Posting still hurts. Ow.

Last edited:

Merkuri

Explorer
I still get very large periods of lag. EN World usually chugs along fine for me, but it's at the point where I know once one page becomes slow to load that EN World will be pretty much unusable for 5-10 minutes, and at that point I usually move onto something else.

I don't think the front page has changed much for me, personally.

Michael Morris

First Post
I looked into what was actually done for the temp page and I was wrong - there is no database processing involved for that page since it is an html file as opposed to a phtml file. So it will naturally load faster.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go moderate some threads.

darjr

I crit!
The home page just slowed down for me this last time i visited. Before the adds and were not there, now they are. Not saying that's what it is, just only saying that was the biggest difference I noticed.

Edit: submission still took too long... but was MUCH faster.

Lackhand

First Post
Still at "not dead" speeds, but we're back to a lot slower than we were earlier -- around 7 seconds (poor baby!) to load the forums from the front page. And actually, it took even longer for the thread status icons to load.

Remove ads