Terms for the non-PHB core books?

Dalenthas

First Post
Didn't someone (I think Mr. Dancy) say a while back that they were going to post a new version of the STL (or something like that) that provided terms for you to use to reference the core books and/or the psionics handbook? I can't seem to find the quote, but I rember reading it. Any information on that?

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
I think I know what you're refering to. The change would make d20 material carry:

"Requires the use of the Player's Handbook, published by Wizards of the Coast."

(I'm not sure of the exact wording.)

Right now, it's optional.

KDLadage

Explorer
Ryan has indicated that refering to the Monster Manual or the Dungeon Master's Guide is a no-no. DMG and MM are (supposedly) acceptable; I prefer Core Rulebook I, Core Rulebook II and Core Rulebook III...

Dalenthas

First Post
KDLadage said:
Ryan has indicated that refering to the Monster Manual or the Dungeon Master's Guide is a no-no. DMG and MM are (supposedly) acceptable; I prefer Core Rulebook I, Core Rulebook II and Core Rulebook III...

But what would you use for the Psionics handbook? I can't exactly call that Core Rulebook IV now, could I? Oh, and check your e-mail. I sent you one a while back and never got a reply... did you get it?

Ranger REG

Explorer
According to the draft of the new version of the System Trademark Usage Guide:

The Optional Trademark Use shall become Mandatory Trademark Use, with options to use one of the following (paraphrasing):

1. Player's Handbook
2. WotC's RPG Core Game Book
3. D&D Core Game Book and Psionics Handbook

Remove ads