Terra Subterranea and The Caverns of Lost Time

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Right, sorry--I needed to set something up.)

*As the group heads through the pass, a few of them notice motion from the cliffs above, and there is a sudden avalanche of snow into the pass just ahead, right in the group's path.*

(OOC: Everyone needs to choose between a Ride check to bring the Steed to a stop in time or a Reflex save to leap off. You can roll it or tell me which one and I will if you prefer. Also, no other actions yet, just that reaction. Hmm, actually it's lucky you picked a tight formation or that might have separated the group)

Velmont

First Post
Opale tries desesperatly to stop her horse, not too familiar with that, but she seems to have some success.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Ride check: 20[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Right then. Seems like everyone likes the Ride check. So I rolled one for Ducane too, and he just made it. Aya took the Reflex save and made that. I assume Zack has no way to get himself like a +1? A pity. Overall, you guys are very very lucky to get so many 20s with such small bonuses)

*Michael, Opale, Eternity, and Ducane, rein in their horses and stop just before the cascading avalanche of snow. Aya leaps off just in time, but the icy road is slippery, so she falls on her bum. Her steed careens forward into the avalanche and disappears under the weight of the snow. Zack almost stops in time, but he can only slow it down, so he and his steed wind up inside the edge of the avalanche, taking minor damage from the pounding snow and slightly stuck under its weight until he manages to push his way out (which should be a trivial exercise unless he has rotten luck). Hulgyr, on the other hand, is not able to slow his mount down at all, faring miserably on his attempt to stop. He continues forward at full speed and winds up pummeled and buried by the avalanche. He will take crushing damage until someone digs him out or he frees himself, though the latter would require superhuman strength. Fortunately, Hulgyr has superhuman strength, particularly when in Rage.*

(OOC: Opale's turn only--she wound up with a Natural 20 on Initiative. Nobody else should post actions yet because things may change momentarily before your turn ;))

Remove ads