D&D General Thaco the angry clown... really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
THat's a fair point. I haven't really seen the OSR hate in this thread, to be honest. But looking back I now realize that I am not always clear when, for example, I use a term like "grognard" pejoratively or affectionately (since I'm kinda one myself, after all).

Personally, I'm going to make it a point to be clearer in my language, so as to keep the Old School wheat better separated from the chaff (& asshats).
Not you or necessarily this thread! No worries.

I am unfamiliar with "pop" and "soda". Are you talking about Coke?

For those of you outside of the USA, the joke being made is that we Americans have several different words we use when referring to sugary carbonated beverages (i.e. Pepsi, Sprite, et.al.), which vary based on the region of the country in which you reside.

I'm always reminded of a guy I went to college with who called "pop" "Coke". I asked him he called Pepsi "Coke" as well, and he responded "No, I am a self-respecting Georgian. I do not indulge in such debauchery."

All I can see is Homey D. Clown. :ROFLMAO:

images

Sacrosanct

Legend
Saying Pundit and other gatekeepers are worthy of derision does not make you an OSR hater. I'm personally an OSR fan, play OSR games on a regular basis and applaud them calling out gatekeepers.
Exactly. Heck, I literally just finished an OSR clone. They don’t speak for me, and they certainly don’t speak for the OSR. Calling out toxic behavior doesn’t mean you hate the OSR, and anyone claiming that is inferring the OSR is itself toxic if that logic were true.

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
What’s funny isn’t that he’s the clown. He’s not.

What’s funny is that he needs his base to believe that they are the clown and he’s the only one standing in the way of WotC destroying them or something stupid like that.

He needs to be their hero. Their salvation. The one holding the line.

And of course the only way he can keep standing in their way is if the base continues to purchase his games. Monetized narcissism.

And of course by even writing this, I’m letting him live rent free in my head. So there ya go.

Let me know if he writes "I alone can fix it."

I suppose not. I tend to imagine [min-maxed casters] as boorish bullies (instead of thuggish), the sort of kid who thinks an education is an acceptable substitute for a personality, and who thinks being right is more important than being kind. They skate through school doing as they please because mommy is the principal and daddy is on the school board.

As a caster fetish player, you have given me an idea for a future caster PC. BWHAHAHAHAHA :devilish:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads