Thank you morrus!

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Time for an EnWorld kickstarter?

Seriously. Lots of people looking to donate. Though maybe indiegogo so it doesn't that the kickerstarter+amazon tax off the top. Have a $10 level for "Name on the Wall of Defenders". The various lost functionality can be stretch goals, and have polls for those who donate to determine what's the next up.

Morris & all - I'm glad you got through it! Out of healing and down to a blunt dagger and half a suit of leather armor between them, the heroes return victorious. Bloodied but wiser. And with a strange new artifact labelled "Newest Code".

Alarian

First Post
I wouldn't bother with making it a Kickstarter or an Indigogo. Do something like Board Game Geek. They are running their yearly fundraiser right now on the top page of the website. Keeps a running total so everyone can see how it's going. At the end of the pledge, they award Geek Gold to everyone that pledged. While Geek Gold does have some monetary value, it's more often used to bid on auctions or giving it to others when you see a post you like etc. You could even do something like they are going and give out exp for everyone that pledges. I.e. for every $10 (or $100 or whatever) everyone that pledges at least $10 (or whatever amount) gets 1 exp. So if you raise $10,000 everyone that pledged would get x exp.

If not exp, something else. Nothing tangible, just something cool that improves as more and more people donate.

Last edited:

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
I just want to donate. I don't really want or need incentives, or more functionality, or perks, or my name up somewhere. Just point me to a Donate button!

Any idea who the hackers were, or what happened?

Gulla

Adventurer
Lots of thanks from me as well. You even got the user DB up and running, which I find impressive.

Good work, and welcome back :)

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I hope you consider keeping this current style as an option at least. I am one of those people who strongly prefers black text on a slightly off white background, so this is the most accessible ENWorld has ever been for me.

Libramarian

Adventurer
Thanks for all your hard work last week, [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=52905]darjr[/MENTION] :)

Welcome back! I re-upped my sub; I've been meaning to do it anyway!

(And also, I'm hoping Zeitgeist 4e #5 comes out soon. ;))

-O

This was up for free download while the site was down. I haven't played the previous adventures but I dled it anyway. It looks interesting.

john112364

First Post
I would like to echo everyone else. I know you lost a lot and I know you have been putting in a lot of work to salvage what you can. I'm glad you didn't decide to just give up. I'm sure it crossed your mind a time or two. But I, and many others like the community and environment here. I know I haven't been posting a lot lately, but I always enjoy poking around the site even when I don't feel like posting.

So thanks to Morrus, Darjr and everyone else who is helping to make ENworld the best gaming site on the Internet.

Remove ads