Thanks for AL!

Happy Thanksgiving AL players in and out of the US.

Tell us what you are thankful for in AL? What do you actually like about the campaign and the way we do things?

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Im thankful my players are all coming back after our TPK in Encounters last night. I felt really really down after it had happened, some players took it well, others not so much. Everyone is looking forward to play Out of the Abyss.

I think part of the reason it happened is that I went into Princes with characters from Lost Mine. We didnt do any of the early side quests, and then I had new places who were created at level 1. I was always running tables with levels all over the place.

Im thankful that the campaign is willing to try new things.

1. Season 1 where the bad guys won
2. Season 2 where there were rules on Arcane magic which went beyond what people might expect
3. Season 3 where there are rules on Madness and a Central location which influences how we perceive and related to Humans.

I like that the campaign uses an origin mechanic to vary the mechanics the campaign uses.

Caecafortuna

First Post
I am thankful for the opportunity to recreate my youth and play D&D with my son via AL at our local game store. I am also thankful for the nice folks we have met at these sessions. Happy Thanksgiving!

frupton

First Post
I'm thankful for the community of players and DMs that we have in my area. The league certainly deserves credit for its focus on supporting the brick-and-mortar WPN stores and fostering an environment where players can travel from store to store and support play at several different ones.

Tia Nadiezja

First Post
I'm thankful for reliable weekly gaming that is generally welcoming to new players and allows those who have just moved to an area, or who are just visiting, to join in and have some fun and roll some dice.

I wouldn't poke so much if I didn't love both the game and the goals as much as I do.

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
I'm thankful that we have an Organized Play campaign that recognizes that not everyone wants to or needs to play an uber-optimized character, and that deliberately leaves space for people who want to just play characters for fun.

--
Pauper

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I am thankful that I could - but haven't yet - play AL modules at my FLGS; not restricted to a Convention.

I am thankful that the Swap Shop was added to (some) Conventions. I want to customize / optimize my character, not be limited to the One Provided Magic Item per module.

I’m certainly thankful for Adventurers League's most consistent level of quality at gaming conventions. Of the organized play options I’ve experienced, AL comes out ahead of the others, in terms of both the adventures and DMs.

Just a couple of weeks away from my first anniversary with AL. This has been my first organized RP venture and I've really enjoyed it. Yeah, it has its' limitations, but for the most part those are fine. It's definitely something I look forward to each week and have a wonderful local community to play with.

Remove ads