The Actual Table of Contents for Xanathar's Guide to Everything

A lot of good stuff there. Of course, on the DM side, a lot of stuff is not there, but I like what I see. Actually, one of the most useful things will be the appendix of sample names.

A lot of good stuff there.

Of course, on the DM side, a lot of stuff is not there, but I like what I see.

Actually, one of the most useful things will be the appendix of sample names.

gyor

Legend
It looks like every class gets a section talking about their subclass types in general terms: extra role-playing/world building advice, I wager.

This is separate from the page or two discussing the class in general, it's actually mixed into the Forge Cleric Domain, but it's a side bar so it could apply to more then the cleric.

Also looking at the page count and accounting for how much space the subclasses take up, I see a lot of art in this book. I wonder if they plan to bring back iconics. (Major novel characters like Farideh and Mehan took in that role in the PHB for the races at least).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
WTF, are you for real.
I am not kidding: I love random name tables, and having them easily at hand.

Considering that they did ask us product questions in surveys like "what part of the DM screen do you use?", it would not surprise me if random name tables beat out skill feats in popularity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
This is separate from the page or two discussing the class in general, it's actually mixed into the Forge Cleric Domain, but it's a side bar so it could apply to more then the cleric.

Also looking at the page count and accounting for how much space the subclasses take up, I see a lot of art in this book. I wonder if they plan to bring back iconics. (Major novel characters like Farideh and Mehan took in that role in the PHB for the races at least).
There is a blanked out purple sidebar on the first page of the Forge preview: that's probably the force/pantheon sidebar.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
With all the different stuff in the book, I bet WotC didn't expect the names appendix to be the big source of contraversy!

At $50 MSRP for a 192 page book, I'm going to begrudge them font size, let alone 17 pages of formatted Google results.

Remove ads

Remove ads